RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:32:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night  (Read 70342 times)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2014, 10:36:41 PM »

I was originally confused by that during the Suikoden playthrough, and saw some confusion as well during a couple more recent ones. Thank you for clarifying. I am glad I don't have to hold it in during the first week. I inferred from your post that you are to also mean that everything up to week 2/3/4 can also be discussed during their respective weeks as well?

ya, exactly. with what you were saying earlier it would mean that week 1 would always be completely silent until after everyone hits the checkpoint, and we would always have people discussing the game past the end of the month when they might have already moved onto other games and interest had fallen.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 11:22:20 PM »

That was my impression of the rules initially, but I am glad to finally understand that. Still...I will try not to post too much on the very first day. I might be too excited for this one. ha ha

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 01:44:59 AM »

You and me both Boshamp.  I actually started a playthrough tonight just to check it out again and work out an ideal path and there are so many cool easter eggs, tricks and references to previous CV games.  I hope there are some folks that are playing it for the first time.  
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:47:52 AM by Slowman » Logged

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 11:09:27 AM »

I hope there are some folks that are playing it for the first time. 

I am.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 08:13:18 PM »

I am.

ditto, this will actually be my very first castlevania game that i play more than 10 minutes of
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 08:34:08 PM »

I am.

ditto, this will actually be my very first castlevania game that i play more than 10 minutes of

My heart weeps for you.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 12:02:17 AM »

I am.

My heart weeps for you.

is it a bad place to start in the series, or are you just sad that i've missed out for so many years?
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2014, 07:56:16 AM »

I am.

My heart weeps for you.

is it a bad place to start in the series, or are you just sad that i've missed out for so many years?

I'm sure he's sad that you haven't played any Castlevania titles for more than 10 minutes. SotN is a fantastic place to start though.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »

So much conversation before the game has even started. Looks like you're in for a good month.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2014, 10:57:28 AM »

I think there maybe some difficulty with checkpoints depending on how people are going to run through this game. Still undecided as to whether or not I am going to post them, but I do tend to like the structure they create. Anyone who has played this rather recently (within the last few years or so) have any thoughts?

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »

While I'm going to use my Ps2 slim via component to play this one, I did break out my original - no analog - PSX controller to recapture the feel of beating this back in 1998. Next up is trying to find my old game save. I must have moved it to a backup card as my main two are missing anything SOTN related. I really want to see what percentage I was at. I recall using a guide to pretty much max the game out.

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2014, 11:27:51 AM »

I think there maybe some difficulty with checkpoints depending on how people are going to run through this game. Still undecided as to whether or not I am going to post them, but I do tend to like the structure they create. Anyone who has played this rather recently (within the last few years or so) have any thoughts?

That was a concern I had as well. PM sent.

You aren't the only one. Although I have beaten this one several times, I have only played maybe 10-20 minutes of Circle of the Moon on the GBA, and haven't played any of the others.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 12:06:24 PM by Boshamp » Logged

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2014, 11:07:45 PM »

I was just talking how I have tried and never finished this, so im in.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 08:32:16 AM »

I think there maybe some difficulty with checkpoints depending on how people are going to run through this game.

Spoiler about the end of the game, do not hover if you don't know how the game ends

Spoiler (hover to show)

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »

Of course Bil. No other way to defeat Dracula then to go that route right?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length