RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:41:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: October Retro Community Playthrough - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night  (Read 69850 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2014, 01:07:46 AM »

I can participate in this play through without even playing! SotN is a game I've seen played 500+ times for speedruns, and I've played it extensively myself. I want to see where people get stuck first.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2014, 02:35:05 AM »

That is exactly my issue, a battery that swelled up and exploded the battery cover.
Just make sure not to charge a swollen battery, as it could explode.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2014, 05:39:05 AM »

Am I missing something or is the only way to use an item to equip it to one of your hands and then use it in real time then re-equip your weapon?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2014, 10:04:32 AM »

That's correct - you have to equip a consumable and use it. Consumables are meant to be used in stacks, typically.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2014, 02:33:16 PM »

i noticed that too, it's my first mark against the game. it destroys any sense of action to have to stop and bring up the menu (which is a little tedious to get to equipping), equip an item, get out of menu and use it, then repeat to put your weapon back on. there are 4 shoulder buttons that do nothing, why weren't they used?
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2014, 06:28:04 PM »

Ok before I say anything I was really liking this game at first. However all this twitch gameplay is just not for me. I just trudged up the chapel and bell towers like five times just to get my ass kicked by that bird boss. The save point is way too damn far away from him.

My first sitting with the game was very fun and exciting. Tonight it really sucked.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2014, 07:44:54 PM »

If I'm thinking of the right area and boss there should be a save point to the right of him, like right next door. If you approached from the left then you went the long way to the boss.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2014, 07:48:42 PM »

There is a save room after him so yeah I guess I went the long way, as I thought it was the only way to go.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2014, 07:50:43 PM »

Yeah, if I remember correctly, there are always save points within a short distances of each boss.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2014, 05:23:11 AM »

Well damn it. I guess I can backtrack my way to the east side of the castle and go over the top edge if I can, leveling along the way will help too.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2014, 05:52:18 AM »

Well damn it. I guess I can backtrack my way to the east side of the castle and go over the top edge if I can, leveling along the way will help too.

But...that boss is so easy, as I recall. I always took the long way (wasn't even aware of a shorter way until now) and it took no effort to destroy him.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2014, 06:00:55 AM »

But...that boss is so easy, as I recall. I always took the long way (wasn't even aware of a shorter way until now) and it took no effort to destroy him.

I believe it. I'm really, really bad at video games.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2014, 01:27:50 AM »

Holy Schnikes! Is it really the 1st already?!?! Let's Do This!!!!!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2014, 05:41:02 AM »

Checkpoint for Week 1 is up

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2014, 07:58:20 PM »

My progress so far. No spoilers this update:

Spoiler (hover to show)

More coming soon!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length