RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:54:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Voting: SNES Shmup Retro Playthrough 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Poll
Question: Which SNES shmup do you want to play in December?
Darius Twin   -0 (0%)
Super R-Type   -4 (28.6%)
U.N. Squadron   -7 (50%)
Super Nova   -1 (7.1%)
Phalanx   -0 (0%)
Raiden Trad   -1 (7.1%)
Thunder Spirits   -0 (0%)
Axelay   -1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Voting: SNES Shmup Retro Playthrough  (Read 8267 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: September 24, 2014, 01:36:08 PM »

Same deal, PLEASE vote.  Grin

Please vote for the SNES game you want to play in December. One vote per person. Result will be shown when the voting is over in 3 days. Please only vote if you are intending on joining the playthrough in December. Mods, please do not mention which game(s) are in the lead. I would like for the voting to remain untainted and for people to choose the game they really want to play. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:17:42 PM by techwizard » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 02:21:05 PM »

Damn it, no Gradius III.

You guys picked the wrong Gradius.

I voted for the only one I own.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 02:23:53 PM »

I never understood this logic. The purpose of playthroughs is to have an excuse to buy titles you don't already own. Cheesy

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 02:31:04 PM »

Damn it, no Gradius III.

Agreed. Gradius and Gradius III would have been awesome to combine, you could then compare the two and briefly see the evolution between the two.

Also, if you haven't ever seen it, check out the art for Phalanx. Pretty funny for a space-shooter. ha ha
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 02:41:16 PM by Boshamp » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »

Damn it, no Gradius III.

Agreed. Gradius and Gradius III would have been awesome to combine, you could then compare the two and briefly see the evolution between the two.

Sorry gents. Trying to keep some variety in the playthrough. Dedicating half the month to the Gradius series is too heavy-handed.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 02:42:10 PM »

Which makes perfect sense, that being said though...I do not currently own any of the above. I was going to choose the one I could get most easily, but none seem to be all that rare, and a quick price check puts them all between 7-15 bucks...so deciding based on price is out...I really just don't know which to vote for....Anyone want to buy my vote? ha ha

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 02:46:14 PM »

I suggest checking out some YouTube videos/reviews on the games and just decide which one might appeal to you the most. I know that some people prefer vertical or horizontal shooters over the other, multiple options, themes, etc. We'll help you find the game at a reasonable price.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 02:58:07 PM »

I will be. I love Vert shooters, but didn't know there were any on Retro systems. I was very satisfied when playing Viewpoint, the diagonal scrolling was a great surprise. I will be looking at the options from a gameplay standpoint and seeing which I would like to try. My vote will come later today.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 03:38:14 PM »

Damn it, no Gradius III.

http://youtu.be/F4oxszRCXgw?t=28m15s

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 03:41:08 PM »

Damn it, no Gradius III.

http://youtu.be/F4oxszRCXgw?t=28m15s

Ha! Ha! So. Slow.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 05:47:01 PM »

Thunder Spirits is just a Thunderforce III port. Not the best version IMHO.

Voted!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 06:16:26 PM »

Thunder Spirits is just a Thunderforce III port. Not the best version IMHO.

This is true and if voted in, the Genesis port will be removed from voting.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 07:25:01 PM »

Damn, I own only two of these: Phalanx and U.N. Squadron. I haven't really fired up Phalabx yet, so maybe I should go for that one. Which, guessing from the cover art, is basically Deliverance in space.

[img width=700 height=494]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/games/U-044/bf/U-044-S-04230-A.jpg[/img]
Only (really) hopefully without the pig-squealing man-sodomy.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 07:30:49 PM »

Possibly my favorite cover ever.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 08:35:56 PM »

Wow, doesn't anyone have a better copy of Phalanx that they can scan in to the DB?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length