RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:11:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | November Retro Community Playthrough - Super Metroid 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print
Author Topic: November Retro Community Playthrough - Super Metroid  (Read 43707 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2014, 10:12:28 AM »

Congrats on finishing MetalFRO! I definitely share the same sentiments about this game as you guys. Very happy to have played it, great experience.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2014, 12:57:04 AM »

Sorry I have been so inactive, everyone. My new hours and position aren't the friendliest for game-playing. I last stopped a few days ago shortly after obtaining the space jump. Been taking WAY too much time going back for missiles and such after every new upgrade is obtained. Breezing through pretty easily, but because I am playing it like I do RPG's, it is taking me forever, and time isn't something I have in abundance anymore. Fantastic game though, and very happy to see so much conversation over it. Had I been paying attention to the thread as well as playing, I could have saved a little bit of time.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2014, 01:04:52 AM »

going back for missles and energy tanks can really help out on some bosses too, so no harm in that. that's one thing about this game, as much as many items aren't required, i feel like none of them are useless. there's nothing i picked up that i never used, everything has a purpose.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2014, 10:14:19 AM »

Sorry I have been so inactive, everyone. My new hours and position aren't the friendliest for game-playing. I last stopped a few days ago shortly after obtaining the space jump. Been taking WAY too much time going back for missiles and such after every new upgrade is obtained. Breezing through pretty easily, but because I am playing it like I do RPG's, it is taking me forever, and time isn't something I have in abundance anymore. Fantastic game though, and very happy to see so much conversation over it. Had I been paying attention to the thread as well as playing, I could have saved a little bit of time.

I know this pain well!  I don't have near the gaming time I'd like to have, though thankfully my wife has been a bit more understanding of late, since I told her, "I've spent so much money on my game collection over the years, but most of these games I've never played or hardly touched.  I need to start playing through them!"  As an IT guy, I often work long hours, have to give up some evenings, and often even weekends are interrupted by what we refer to as PICNIC issues.  That, and my other hobbies get in the way.  My game collection would be even larger and more extensive if I didn't also collect music CD's and vinyl albums, which of course, take up my time too. Smiley

going back for missles and energy tanks can really help out on some bosses too, so no harm in that. that's one thing about this game, as much as many items aren't required, i feel like none of them are useless. there's nothing i picked up that i never used, everything has a purpose.

Agreed.  I watched bits and pieces of a playthrough that showed me tons of missile pickups I missed.  I think I ended up with 145 missiles, and I guess you can obtain well over 200!  Pretty insane, but cool that they hid that many throughout the levels.  Some of the locations are really obscure, so once you have the X-Ray Beam, you can spend a lot of time looking over every inch of the game to find the few stray items you missed.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2014, 12:24:53 PM »

I gotta get back to mindlessly collecting missiles for the 100%. I decided to pop in Shadowrun for the first time and I'm seriously hooked.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2014, 03:53:25 PM »

4:13 completion
Items 69%

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2014, 05:47:39 PM »

4:13 completion
Items 69%

nice! that's a pretty good time.
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »

Congrats Mike Smiley 

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2014, 09:44:06 AM »

Nice work, congrats on finishing Mike!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2014, 08:18:54 AM »

Finished collecting in Brinstar (I think). Still need Crateria, Wrecked Ship, Maridia, and Touran (if there's anything down there).

Going back to collect everything is quicker and easier than I thought. With the Speed Boots, Plasma Beam, Gravity Boots, and Screw Attack, you can rip through any obstacle with no effort. Checking the maps is the only pain.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:27:23 AM by JerryGreenwood » Logged
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2014, 02:45:47 PM »

I'm going to jump on tonight and get some game play. I'll see if I can some how upload my vhs playthrough. Maybe do some quick highlights and upload it on YouTube. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2014, 03:47:25 PM »

that would be cool Russ!

@Jerry this is one game i would probably enjoy going for completion on, the metroid prime games never felt tedious to find everything and this one seems to be the same for the most part.
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2014, 08:33:51 AM »

I've been trying to get 100% since 1994, it'll get done this weekend.
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2014, 03:18:21 PM »

Thinking I need the pro controller for the wiiu. I was playing a bit last night and it seemed awkward with the game pad. I'll prob just switch to the SNES tonight ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2014, 02:38:53 AM »

Thinking I need the pro controller for the wiiu. I was playing a bit last night and it seemed awkward with the game pad. I'll prob just switch to the SNES tonight ha.

oldschool all the way man
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length