RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:08:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26.5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26.5  (Read 31254 times)
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 09:08:55 PM »

For those of you just joining us we're discussing small scores.

Podcast discussion thread, homey.  Any discussion (barely) relating to the podcast is welcome. 

We all have our peeves, Retro.  I'll do my best to refrain from any further snes talk.

Zag and zcrich-I was talking to a buddy a few nights ago about a local board game store that sells games at retail prices.  At first I couldn't understand why I would shop there instead of Amazon where everything costs less.  Then I met the dude who runs the store and now I buy everything from him.  Great people who run great stores are worth the cash.

Absolutely. While I definitely prefer paying bargain prices, if I'm paying closer to retail, I'd much rather be supporting someone who is appreciative and passionate than someone who doesn't give a crap about their customers or their job
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 09:26:18 PM »

We all have our peeves, Retro.  I'll do my best to refrain from any further snes talk.

grrr grrr grrr grrr grrr grrr grrr grrr grrr grrr grrr grrr

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 09:57:57 PM »

btw Bil, if we're not allowed to say YOUbisoft, then you can't say Snes.  It's not a word, it's an acronym.  S.N.E.S.  Super N.E.S. is also acceptable.  Snes......gah it makes my skin crawl

I'm so sorry about this, but I really gotta unleash my inner grammar nazi here. So please take your seats, students, 'cuz class is in session.

Professor Jillette, you have the floor (WARNING: CONTAINS MATURE F*CKING LANGUAGE, B*TCHES).

Thank you for your attention, and have a good evening.
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 12:03:29 PM »

To clarify for Duke, I am man and machine.

POWER EXTREME!

With that out of the way, it was great to finally get a shout out in a small scores segment.  A heady thrill, that.  It definitely motivates me to catch up with my posting in the small scores thread.  As I've been going through my collection, I keep rediscovering little gems that would make for interesting posts.

One thing I haven't rediscovered is my Power Glove box.  I bought a near-complete, boxed Power Glove in the late '90s for $3.  I should still have that box.  If not, crushing regret.

Thanks for the episode, guys, it really perks up my work day.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:09:09 PM by Ikariniku » Logged

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 12:51:25 PM »

Glad to perk you!  I remember the thrill of the mention before I became a co-host.  My complete Power Glove wasn't quite as good a price as you got on yours but it is one of my fav boxes.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 05:47:19 PM »

Bil, I'm with you on both yoo-bee-soft and snes!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 06:34:52 PM »

POWER EXTREME!

I remember Cenrturions! I had the water guy.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 08:18:36 PM »

I don't really know how I used to say it as a child. Probably yoobisoft...now I think I saw ewbisoft...but I don't say it enough to be sure haha
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 08:20:58 PM »

POWER EXTREME!

I remember Cenrturions! I had the water guy.

Never thought I'd see a Centurions reference on this board. That is, not until I saw one for Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors or InHumanoids first. Or Spiral Zone.

Hey, that reminds me: does anybody remember this short-lived Saturday morning kidvid gem?

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 11:50:52 PM »

A little before my time. I have seen some episodes though. There were so many short lived cartoons back in the early 80's

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 12:30:58 AM »

Can't say I remember "Orbots". I think even as a kid I would have had better judgement, about what to allocate my cartoon viewing time to.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 03:27:41 AM »

First, if we're on the subject of "forgotten" 80s cartoons:

Anyway, great show as always.  I really enjoyed the "segue" Duke used to intro my pickups.   evilhappy  And just for clarification, I was the one that got that $10 Atari 800XL.

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 09:43:26 AM »

Can't say I remember "Orbots". I think even as a kid I would have had better judgement, about what to allocate my cartoon viewing time to.

Oh, so you're saying my childhood taste in 'toons sucks? HUH?! IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING?!

You better watch yourself, mister, or I'll dust off my passport, head on over to your place, and smack you around with that USS Flagg playset you just got!

Heh... I dunno why, but I still find it amusing that RF Generation's biggest G.I. Joe collector is in Canada. I love that! Okay, You're forgiven. I don't even remember what I was angry at...

First, if we're on the subject of "forgotten" 80s cartoons:

I sort of remember that one. It played weekday afternoons on one of the local UHF stations that got all the second- and third-tier shows, like Saber Rider & The Star Sheriffs and Macron 1.

Damn, this one's still pretty awesome.

Looooong Exposition Alert!

How's that for esoteric animation?

Anyway, great show as always.  I really enjoyed the "segue" Duke used to intro my pickups.   evilhappy  And just for clarification, I was the one that got that $10 Atari 800XL.

Oooh, gotta hear that one again! BRB
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 01:11:14 PM »

Drinking game: every time Bil says something is or was his or someone else's jam, take a drink. You'll be dead before the show is over.

Got a song for you Bil, enjoy.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 03:46:48 PM »

And just for clarification, I was the one that got that $10 Atari 800XL.

Apologies, of course. When you're going through 60 or so pages of scores things blur together a bit...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length