RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:35:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26.5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 26.5  (Read 31107 times)
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »

First, if we're on the subject of "forgotten" 80s cartoons:

I sort of remember that one. It played weekday afternoons on one of the local UHF stations that got all the second- and third-tier shows, like Saber Rider & The Star Sheriffs and Macron 1.

Damn, this one's still pretty awesome.

Looooong Exposition Alert!

How's that for esoteric animation?
It was pretty much the same around here where I live.  Our local channel 30 would play those same second- and third-tier cartoons for about half of the day, then move on to reruns of 60s and 70s stuff like I Dream Of Jeannie, The Love Boat and Gilligan's Island.

And just for clarification, I was the one that got that $10 Atari 800XL.

Apologies, of course. When you're going through 60 or so pages of scores things blur together a bit...
Completely understandable.  Tongue

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2014, 11:12:04 AM »

Drinking game: every time Bil says something is or was his or someone else's jam, take a drink. You'll be dead before the show is over.

Got a song for you Bil, enjoy.

And if you also take a shot every time Bil says that something isn't his jam, the mortuary won't need to use embalming fluid on your corpse. At least you'll have a frugal funeral...

And just for clarification, I was the one that got that $10 Atari 800XL.

Apologies, of course. When you're going through 60 or so pages of scores things blur together a bit...

Don't they, though? Although I'm a bit bummed that the small scores has disappeared from the regular CollectorCast, I totally understand why. The sheer volume of stuff we're finding must be a real slog to go through to find the big gems amongst the lesser treasures.

First, if we're on the subject of "forgotten" 80s cartoons:

I sort of remember that one. It played weekday afternoons on one of the local UHF stations that got all the second- and third-tier shows, like Saber Rider & The Star Sheriffs and Macron 1.

Damn, this one's still pretty awesome.

Looooong Exposition Alert!

How's that for esoteric animation?
It was pretty much the same around here where I live.  Our local channel 30 would play those same second- and third-tier cartoons for about half of the day, then move on to reruns of 60s and 70s stuff like I Dream Of Jeannie, The Love Boat and Gilligan's Island.

In my area, it was KICU 36 with their "K-I-C-U, you should see us now" jingle, and KTSF 26, the "window to the world."

'Late
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2014, 11:12:26 PM »

In my area, it was KICU 36 with their "K-I-C-U, you should see us now" jingle, and KTSF 26, the "window to the world."

'Late
I had to look it up since I have the memory of a 98 year old Alzheimer's patient, but mine was KDNL transmitting from just outside of St. Louis proper, so it must've had a pretty strong damn signal to make it 2 hours south to my house.   Shocked  I can't find any video from the channel during that era  Undecided, as it switched to being an ABC affiliate way back in 1995, switching from being a FOX affiliate since 1986, and independent before that.

Things like that really make me miss my childhood...

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2014, 03:39:26 AM »

I was limited in Northern Canada, of not only broadcast channel availability, but also our TV's VHF dial only went up to channel 12.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2014, 10:36:03 AM »

Quote from: Duke

Don't they, though? Although I'm a bit bummed that the small scores has disappeared from the regular CollectorCast....

I keep thinking the small scores version of the CollectorCast is the regular version and the one without is the special edition.

Zag and I were once joking about making an alternate small scores podcast, I was going to make endless movie references and he was going to be the funny one. In the end he said we couldn't because he had a bum ankle and it would take too much time away from his playing with little plastic toys, or something like that.

The laser discs my wife and I found were mentioned....Duke said something about The Ten Commandments being 17 discs long. That is a bit of an exaggeration, only 13 of those discs are the movie, the rest are special features.

Seriously though, whenever we're watching a laser disc and it gets to the point where the machine flips to the second side, I look at my wife with a grin and proudly say, with a tone of awe and happiness, "It's like we're living in the future baby"

There was also all this talk about how Techie had the NW locked down as far as collecting goes. I wondered why it was hard to find games around here, got to get up earlier than Techie I guess. Actually, that will be tough, since I think he lives a whole time zone east of me, he has a hour head start.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2014, 10:47:02 AM »

Saving Silverman wasn't bad but seriously a movie about Neil Diamond impersonaters?  Fog Bog is the bomb.  I loved playing that.  Would play that Atari 2600 like crazy at my Grandma's house.  You seriously never heard of it!? 

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2014, 03:03:15 PM »

Am I the only one blown away that Bill's uncle is Jack McGee?
When you were saying your uncle was an actor, I just assumed he was some background actor or profession extra, not an actual leading actor. I'm gonna have to watch his new show, I didn't realize he was on it from the commercials.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »

When you were saying your uncle was an actor, I just assumed he was some background actor or profession extra, not an actual leading actor. I'm gonna have to watch his new show, I didn't realize he was on it from the commercials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ki/Jack_McGee_%28actor%29

if it's this jack mcgee then wow he's been in a lot!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2014, 04:51:36 PM »

Ummm, yea that too!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »

I watched the first episode, and it was funny. Hopefully it does well for him. I looked at his credits, and he was in Perfect Strangers! That's enough for me.

A Collectorcast spin-off with nupoile and Zag? Send me a demo.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2014, 02:32:29 PM »

Here I come to clear up the Pokemon confusion!

The first generation in Japan actually had four releases. Red, Blue, Green, and Pikachu for yellow. For the USA the Green version was dropped so we got Red, Blue, and Yellow.

Fast forward to the Game Boy Advance and they did remakes of the first generation. This time they switched out Blue for Green, so the releases were Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2014, 03:44:20 PM »

That's him!  He's been a "that guy" for a while.  Lots of good smallish parts.  This is probably the biggest thing he has done so we are all rooting for it.  I  really liked the pilot.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 04:07:50 PM »

That's him!  He's been a "that guy" for a while.  Lots of good smallish parts.  This is probably the biggest thing he has done so we are all rooting for it.  I  really liked the pilot.

He was a mainish character in the The Fighter, which was a pretty decent flick in my opinion. I enjoyed it.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2014, 04:12:13 PM »

Here I come to clear up the Pokemon confusion!

The first generation in Japan actually had four releases. Red, Blue, Green, and Pikachu for yellow. For the USA the Green version was dropped so we got Red, Blue, and Yellow.

Fast forward to the Game Boy Advance and they did remakes of the first generation. This time they switched out Blue for Green, so the releases were Fire Red and Leaf Green.

That's because Blue had implementation differences that didn't exist in Red and Green, including some game-breaking issues that were found shortly after release. It was simpler to port Green and Red, since they shared most of the same architecture. I have no clue why the inventory system in Blue is as broken as it is, but that's one of the major reasons.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2014, 05:44:55 PM »

Quote from: Duke

Don't they, though? Although I'm a bit bummed that the small scores has disappeared from the regular CollectorCast....

I keep thinking the small scores version of the CollectorCast is the regular version and the one without is the special edition.

Zag and I were once joking about making an alternate small scores podcast, I was going to make endless movie references and he was going to be the funny one. In the end he said we couldn't because he had a bum ankle and it would take too much time away from his playing with little plastic toys, or something like that.

I'd love to be your special guest.  Every Collectorcast needs a 32x guy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length