RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:16:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 855257 times)
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #810 on: January 09, 2016, 06:58:45 PM »

I swear I'm going to get the Final Fantasy 13 platinum trophy if it kills me. Now all I have to do is redo the last eight hours of running around, then do it one more time after that.

i considered doing that for about .5 seconds after beating the game, until i looked at some of the requirements. god help you.

I did all of the grinding ahead of time. Now I just have to track down the 25 or so challenges I just did, but this time with the item that makes getting the target time cake, then make at least one of every item in the game, I think about about half way through that just from grinding and that's it.

I think I might die.

oh right actually now i remember, there were some items that you could miss early on and not find later, when i realized i had missed them then i gave up.

Sort of. There are no items before chapter 11 (areas you can't return to) that you can permanently miss, from what drops from monster to what you find in the wild. What you CAN miss are the items that evolve from some of the items you're only given one of from those early chapters. So, the method to not missing anything is to not sell anything, which I had the fortune of being told before I started.

Ha, fun fact, my copy of the game was free. A friend got it via Gamefly, got fed up with it, let me borrow and said "Let's consider this one to be permanently on loan to you."
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #811 on: January 10, 2016, 07:03:17 AM »

I just got one of the "bad" endings in Ar tonelico. Well, not really bad, but I know it's not the true ending.

However, as much as I was enjoying the game I feel like I've been playing it for over a month and it's getting a little long in the tooth.

I've also been playing a lot of SMB3 and SMW for the playthroughs, of course.

I think I'm gonna get a head start on Folklore later today, or maybe even our March game.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #812 on: January 10, 2016, 09:35:24 AM »

Uno (XBLA) - Been playing online lately. Glad to see that no one is flashing their genitals anymore online.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #813 on: January 10, 2016, 03:32:12 PM »

Playing Legends of Oz on the 3DS.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #814 on: January 10, 2016, 04:57:52 PM »

Playing Bioshock.  I started the game almost reluctantly, for some reason, but after ten or fifteen minutes I sunk in.  After an hour I was pleased to discover the game has a strong System Shock 2 feel, though much more polished.  Of course, the main baddy was spoiled to me a long time ago, but I find this doesn't detract at all from the game.  The tactical nature of the combat really helps move things along, I think.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #815 on: January 11, 2016, 10:20:10 AM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 (PSP) - Started a storyline with gasp!
Spoiler (hover to show)

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #816 on: January 11, 2016, 02:33:17 PM »

Angry Birds Star Wars II (WP) - Mopped up the last couple stages to beat this one.

Flowerz (WP) - Playing this one regularly to get to 250,000 total points overall so I can be done with it.

Puzzle Quest 2 (XBLA) - They were not very creative in the story of this one. In order to pass, you must defeat the Lich behind the door you are standing in front of, but to open the door, you must break the seal protecting it. To do that, you must backtrack across the entire game in order defeat the necromancers protecting each of the three magical stones creating the seal on the door. But in order to damage the stones, you need to go get a magic hammer. The hammer was broken and its pieces scattered, so you must go find those and put it back together. To get the handle of the hammer from a young girl that found it, you must backtrack further and wander around dungeons to find three pages to a journal that belonged to her mother...I am sure each step will also turn into more steps as I make progress, but this is a pretty shitty way to make the game take longer to play.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #817 on: January 11, 2016, 03:27:07 PM »

That's why you just do all of the quests before moving to the next area. I didn't have to backtrack much.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #818 on: January 11, 2016, 06:46:56 PM »

Backtracking is more just annoying than difficult, since the enemies don't come back once defeated on the paths. I guess it really isn't backtracking when each journal entry is technically in a new part of the dungeon you haven't previously been to before...I would just prefer the game take place over a few different environments and within a world map over just having multiple portals to different parts of the single dungeon everything takes place in...and to not have the game amount to three simple missions that are lengthened by endless "fetch-quests". Won't take me too much longer though, then I can move on to the other games that I have started forever ago and need to finish off.

topkek88
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #819 on: January 11, 2016, 09:15:29 PM »

Beat StarCraft. All three campaigns. Game can be extremely difficult at times, especially when fighting Zerg. I have also started Brood War and I am hoping to beat it by the end of the week.

Currently Playing:
GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos (PC)
StarCraft (PC)
Angry Birds: Seasons (iPod)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #820 on: January 11, 2016, 09:46:42 PM »

Frank Horrigan

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #821 on: January 12, 2016, 06:32:22 PM »

Uno (XBLA) - Some people get really angry online....it's Uno, calm down lol.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #822 on: January 12, 2016, 08:13:17 PM »

Frank Horrigan

Best of luck to you. Cheesy

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #823 on: January 13, 2016, 08:50:38 AM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 (PSP) - Time to defeat Triple H in a Hell in a Cell for the title.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #824 on: January 13, 2016, 09:21:34 PM »

Beat StarCraft. All three campaigns. Game can be extremely difficult at times, especially when fighting Zerg. I have also started Brood War and I am hoping to beat it by the end of the week.

Zerg Rush!!!

Frank Horrigan

I keep wondering why the first Fallout games haven't been released in some form on consoles. I would play the hell out of them.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length