RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:21:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849642 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #870 on: February 06, 2016, 05:59:58 PM »

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PSP) - Going back for all the Gold bricks, turns out I missed quite a few of them.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #871 on: February 06, 2016, 09:00:16 PM »

FFXIII (X360) - I got through the first 14 missions + 17 since it was along the way I was walking. Unlocking the chocobo for a faster way to travel was a must, and digging with them is pretty lucrative for stuff to sell...and mission 7 or so unlocked some good EXP-giving items to buy in the store. I upgraded my Malboro Wand to a *, my Eagletalon to a *, and my Axis Blade to a *. I haven't decided on a weapon for Fang yet, but she is so overpowered, I am not bothered by her weak weapon. I have covered all of the map I can currently traverse, have maxed out two of the stage 8 crystarium for each of my characters, and am having trouble getting 5-stars on mission 15...so when I play next, I will progress the story a bit to see if I get the next crystarium stage unlocked and perhaps access to a decent weapon for Fang to spend a little on.

For five staring missions, wait until you have the final missions unlocked. It awards an item that increases the time allowed for five star rating by a lot.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #872 on: February 06, 2016, 10:38:57 PM »

That is a great bit of advice that I hadn't come across. I did look up a little bit about finding a quick way to make the "Treasure Hunter" achievement happen, and found out about the growth egg as a result, but I didn't know about the item for making 5-stars easier.

Time Viking (WP) - Beat it without dying. (Finally) All done with this one.

Minesweeper Flags (XBLA) - Beat Expert mode (Classic) one more time to complete a couple of achievements. Just a couple more to go, but I doubt I will ever beat it in 3:20.

Battleblock Theater (XBLA) - Finished the last few stages on Insane solo mode and ground out a few more gems to buy the last prisoners. Done with this one. Smiley Definitely a challenging and wonderfully well done game.

Borderlands: TPS (X360) - Played for a bit with my little brother. Completed a few more missions and had some fun with the weapon system...it is WAY too easy to duplicate legendary weapons in this game...and giving a "Maggie" to a gunslinger is just unfair...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:01:14 AM by Boshamp » Logged

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #873 on: February 08, 2016, 03:37:57 PM »

Fallout 4 (X1) - I need to finish this game. I'm over 48 hours in and level 43. I'll see if I can finish the game over the long weekend.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #874 on: February 08, 2016, 03:56:49 PM »

Time Viking (WP) - Beat it without dying. (Finally) All done with this one.

Minesweeper Flags (XBLA) - Beat Expert mode (Classic) one more time to complete a couple of achievements. Just a couple more to go, but I doubt I will ever beat it in 3:20.

A non-Xbox Windows Phone game? You heathen! Minesweeper Flags is annoying because you have to deal with the controls for the 3:20. I've gotten 3:21, and I've been forced multiple times into a 50/50 guess on the mine with enough time left and failed. Still need to do that one.

More Brain Exercise (WP) - Completed
Pool Pro Online 3 (WP) - 8-ball break and 1000 legal balls left.
Contract Killer (WP) - Think I finally found a workaround for the crash. Slowly working on this.
Storm in a Teacup (WP) - Finished
PAC-MAN (WP) - Starting on this next. Looking at patterns for my initial serious run.
Carcasonne (WP) - Session some time this week to finally get my 6-person online win, and knock the rest of this out.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #875 on: February 08, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »

A non-Xbox Windows Phone game? You heathen!
Time Viking is one of the games bundled into the "Z0mb1es (0n teh Ph0ne)" game on the Windows Phone. Technically, it is an Xbox Windows Phone game. Ha ha

Final Fantasy XIII (X360) - Played for about an hour last night after getting home from a Super Bowl party. It literally felt like I made no progress at all. Ha ha An hour for an RPG is almost just not worth it.

Microsoft Minesweeper (Win8) - I like the adventure mode in this title. It gives a little more enjoyability to the game. I hope they put this one out on Win10 at some point so I can snag those easy 1000 GS after beating this one. Smiley

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #876 on: February 08, 2016, 06:22:11 PM »

Been picking away at LEGO Chima. I feel like I should be done by now, but the Vita is just so...ugh, I don't want to use it for long. Hoping to have it finished soon so I can move on to all the Mass Effect DLC I just got on sale.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #877 on: February 08, 2016, 06:56:42 PM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 (PSP) - Almost done with challenge mode.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #878 on: February 09, 2016, 10:31:23 AM »

I finished Final Fantasy VII (PS4 remaster) a couple of weeks ago.  I played this game when it first came out, and it immediately became one of my all time favorites.  Playing it again nearly 20 years later, I can safely say that it maintains that status for me.

I also finally beat Fallout 4 last night.  I got the game on release but had a really hard time getting into it.  I think I only put about 20 hours into it in the span of 3 months.  But I picked it up again on a whim just over a week ago, and something suddenly clicked and I haven't been able to tear myself away from it.  I think my total game time was nearly 80 hours when I got my first ending, but I still have some more work to do since I decided to get the Platinum trophy on this one.  I mostly just have to see the other endings.

After that it will be back to Yakuza 5.  I was highly enjoying this game for a while, but they decided to change up the pace of the game all of a sudden, and I'm not in love with my current location and events going on in the game.  It's a pretty boring section of the game actually.

At any rate, after playing so many longer RPGs in a row, I think I'm going to want to play one or two faster paced action games to change it up.  Now I just have to decide what that will be....

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #879 on: February 09, 2016, 02:40:56 PM »

Final Fantasy XIII (X360) - Got myself up into the big tower after about three hours of play last night. Should be getting close to the beefy part of the game soon. Probably going to be starting into a lot of missions tonight if I am thrown back into the world map after this tower. Hopefully I unlock the 9th Crystarium stage after this too, I have been getting close to maxing out the CP of my characters holding out on unlocking everyone's minor job classes and focusing on their primaries.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #880 on: February 10, 2016, 08:46:57 AM »

Zen Pinball 2 (Wii U) - Been playing pass the controller multiplayer with my daughter, she is particularly fond of the Plants vs. Zombies table. 

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #881 on: February 11, 2016, 11:46:19 PM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 (PSP) - Legend difficulty was a bitch, but all the challenges are done now.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #882 on: February 12, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »

Fusion Dots (WP) - Game was given achievements yesterday, so I started, hoping I could power through it and try to be one of the first to beat it...but due to difficulty and a refusal to pay-to-win...I will be thankful to be on the top-10 leaderboard for a couple of the achievements. Ha ha

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #883 on: February 12, 2016, 11:30:30 PM »

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PSP) - I'm not sure if Traveller's Tales put enough collectables in here.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #884 on: February 13, 2016, 09:29:29 PM »

LEGO City Undercover (Wii U) - The biggest downside in this game in a mix of load screens and lack of coop.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length