RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:05:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 847143 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1500 on: October 04, 2017, 04:18:45 PM »

@ReddMcKnight: Those aren't games I've bought. They are games I'm borrowing from the library.  I belong to two local libraries. If one doesn't have the game the other one usually does. I keep the money I save from not buying the games at launch for buying retro games. After the games have been out for a while I can usually buy the library copy for a couple bucks.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1501 on: October 06, 2017, 06:13:22 AM »

Started playing Demon's Crest on my 2DS XL, and I realize that my platforming skills have atrophied.  I beat it in less than two hours, but it was the bad ending, so now I am backtracking.  I probably should move on, but I remember beating this when I was younger, so I can't let it go yet.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1502 on: October 07, 2017, 02:14:01 PM »

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PS3) - Finally returning to this after a lengthy break, it has been a blast so far!

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1503 on: October 08, 2017, 12:59:52 PM »

Metroid: Samus Returns - Just finished this game yesterday.  It was very good overall.  Many of the bosses were really annoying though.

Despite thinking that Metroid AM2R looks a lot more fun, I plan on getting this game.  First I have to try and find all those other 3DS games I want that are difficult to find new (like Link Between Worlds).

I just put a couple of hours into AM2R, and I definitely prefer that game to Samus Returns so far.  Samus Returns is still worth playing though.

In other news:

Super Castlevania IV - I played through this mainly so I could compare it to Rondo of Blood.  As someone who played Super Castlevania a ton as a kid and has a ton of nostalgia for it, I can say that Rondo of Blood is the better game and is truly the definitive classic-style Castlevania.  I would still rank Super Castlevania as one of the best games in the series though.

Little Nightmares - I played through this short Limbo-esque game since it has a horror theme.  It was alright.  I was never the biggest fan of Limbo though, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask about Little Nightmares.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1504 on: October 09, 2017, 08:29:22 AM »

Done playing Demon's Crest for now.  I'm calling it a win (at least, on The List).

Moving on, I'm tackling Shantae and the Pirates Curse on my 2DS XL, but as I think the game is not very long, I'm thinking about what is next.  I would like to get Metroid Returns, but honestly I am afraid if I wait for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Zelda Link Between Worlds the prices will go even higher (used Xenoblade is hovering around or slightly above what it was at retail, while FMV of Zelda is a little under CIB).  What I played of Xenoblade is also got me interested in Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U, but thankfully that game is less than $20 at this point.

Lots of choices, not sure where to jump next.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:05:14 AM by bombatomba » Logged

- Han Solo
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1505 on: October 10, 2017, 08:57:23 AM »

Yakuza Kiwami - I think I've got 15+ hours in this one now.  I spend so much time with side missions and other diversions that I'm not spending a lot of time with the main story.  Just like every game in this series, it is awesome and I'm having a hard time putting it down.

The Walking Dead Season 2 - Just started this one.  It got off to a bit of a slow start, but it's getting interesting now.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Finally finished this game.  I was getting pretty tired of it by the end, but it's a very good game overall.

Shining Force II - Still working on this, believe it or not.  I just finished the Red Baron battle, so I think I'm getting close to the end.

Oxenfree - I decided to start this since it's a short horror-themed adventure style game.  I really didn't care for it at first, but it gets pretty interesting.  I'm anxious to see how the story turns out.

Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter - I technically haven't started this yet because for some reason the Steam version won't recognize my controller.  I guess I'll have to do some troubleshooting.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1506 on: October 11, 2017, 09:35:46 AM »

@Disposed Hero: Castlevania IV is the Cartridge Club's game for October.

I started Final Fantasy adventure for the playthrough. Though it's called Final Fantasy and is actually Seiken Densetsu under the skin, it reminds me the most of the original Legend of Zelda, which tbh I'm not crazy about so far but maybe it will grow on me.

I'm also playing Battlefield: Hardline. What a goofy game. I'm enjoying it because of how incredibly stupid it is. 

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1507 on: October 11, 2017, 12:30:32 PM »

I'm also playing Battlefield: Hardline. What a goofy game. I'm enjoying it because of how incredibly stupid it is. 

I played that game back when it first came out.  Yeah, it's pretty silly, but I enjoyed it.  I thought trying to arrest enemies instead of shooting everything that moves was a neat dynamic and a nice change of pace.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1508 on: October 11, 2017, 03:21:23 PM »

I played that game back when it first came out.  Yeah, it's pretty silly, but I enjoyed it.  I thought trying to arrest enemies instead of shooting everything that moves was a neat dynamic and a nice change of pace.

Agree completely. There's actually a decent blend of stealth and guns blazing action here. I just think the story is way too far up it's own ass and is unintentionally funny. Couple that with crouching up to everyone's crotch to arrest them where they proceed to fall asleep, and your AI partner who runs around like an idiot constantly (good thing the enemy AI doesn't notice!) and the whole thing makes for a hilariously good time.

I wish the storyline wasn't set so you have to do the right thing. I want to be crooked as eff.  Grin

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1509 on: October 11, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »

Just finished Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on the 2DS XL.  Great game, but I'm not sure what is next.  I can beat Super Metroid, but I need a Metroidvania break.  All that is left on my 2DS XL is Dragon Quest VII, but I have probably another 50 hours left to the end.  Hmm.  Maybe I'll put another ten hours of so into DQ then move on something else.

- Han Solo
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1510 on: October 12, 2017, 07:58:37 AM »

Pillars of Eternity (X1) - I've played enough to know I'll like the game but it's not something I can invest more time in to at the moment.

Destiny 2 (X1/PS4) - I've been playing the PS4 version more but the same thing happens for both versions. You level too fast to 20 and then it becomes a grind for better gear. I'm hoping that there is more content soon.

Lego Ninjago (PS4) - Plays the same as the X1 version.

Deponia (PS4) - So far it's a decent adventure game.

I haven't had time for P5 or No Man's Sky yet as they will require more attention than I can give them at the moment.

Duke Nukem 3d (PS4) - A good port of the classic FPS.

Donald Duck no Mahou no Boushi (SFC) - This little known title could have stood with the Capcom developed Disney titles if only it had better control. It's also the only game I know of where Donald swears.

Efera & Jiliora - The Emblem From Darkness (TCD) - At first I couldn't understand this game and thought it was too hard but after messing around with the game's systems I found an easy solution. For those of you who haven't heard of this game it's a 1-2 player Y's clone.

Shadow of War and Forza 7 are coming up soon.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1511 on: October 12, 2017, 01:19:23 PM »

I wish the storyline wasn't set so you have to do the right thing. I want to be crooked as eff.  Grin

Why am I not surprised?  Wink

Honestly I was expecting you to say that you weren't arresting anybody and just shooting all those poor bastards.

Efera & Jiliora - The Emblem From Darkness (TCD) - At first I couldn't understand this game and thought it was too hard but after messing around with the game's systems I found an easy solution. For those of you who haven't heard of this game it's a 1-2 player Y's clone.

That's one of the games I picked up during my PC Engine buying spree.  I didn't know it was multiplayer.  I'll have to check it out.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1512 on: October 16, 2017, 07:04:38 AM »

Just finished Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on the 2DS XL.  Great game, but I'm not sure what is next.  I can beat Super Metroid, but I need a Metroidvania break.  All that is left on my 2DS XL is Dragon Quest VII, but I have probably another 50 hours left to the end.  Hmm.  Maybe I'll put another ten hours of so into DQ then move on something else.
You know you want some EarthBound on 2DS XL!

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1513 on: October 16, 2017, 07:05:29 AM »

Costume Quest 2 (Wii U) - Perfect time to start this wonderful little gem!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1514 on: October 17, 2017, 02:56:35 AM »

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones - TG16:
Finally beat this properly! I've played it since i was at least 7 or 8 but only ever beaten it using a glitch that would freeze the final boss while allowing you to defeat it. I popped it in yesterday just expecting to try it for a few minutes but ended up getting to the 2nd level from the end. Finished it up tonight.

It's definitely a flawed game but I have a lot of nostalgia for it and still think the mech levels look really cool, even if some of the enemies are goofy.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length