RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:52:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 858359 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2325 on: August 09, 2023, 08:54:44 AM »

GoldenEye 007 (N64) - Did a run through the single player for the first time in a long time. I had a blast once again, I also took turns playing levels with my son. He liked the tank level the best, where as facility was my fav still.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2326 on: August 09, 2023, 06:40:12 PM »

GoldenEye 007 (N64) - Did a run through the single player for the first time in a long time. I had a blast once again, I also took turns playing levels with my son. He liked the tank level the best, where as facility was my fav still.

Man, I loved this game back in the day.  I played it a few months back and it's still great but, man, those graphics do not hold up.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2327 on: August 10, 2023, 02:45:46 PM »

Man, I loved this game back in the day.  I played it a few months back and it's still great but, man, those graphics do not hold up.

Remember when video games had blocky, relatively primitive graphics? And we found them pretty awesome anyway, because-- well, because it was all we had at the time?

Oh whoops, this isn't the Remember When... thread. I'll, um... I'll see myself out.

...'Late
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2328 on: August 23, 2023, 02:35:19 PM »

Been making a big push to finish Final Fantasy XVI since the fall season is upon us and I'd like to start playing some horror-themed stuff at the start of September. I'm a little over the halfway mark now and really losing interest in the game. I still like the core of the game itself, but it's going so overboard now with the fetchquests even in the main storyline that it makes it hard to stay invested. I've even started skipping quite a bit of the dialog which I usually never do in games. Hoping to get over this hump soon though and get back to some more intriguing stuff in the game.

Also been playing Ape Escape with the Cartridge Club. I like it, but the controls are super awkward even for an early 3D platformer. Some interesting ideas and cool mechanics though.

Also played a little bit of Deathloop since it's leaving PS+ soon. Seems alright, but I don't know if I have the time and motivation to play through it right now.

But yeah, mostly just chomping at the bit to start some survival horror stuff. I'm even considering getting back into streaming since horror stuff is always good for that....

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2329 on: August 25, 2023, 07:14:38 AM »

Finished Tears of the Kingdom, all koroks and 100% on the map

Been wanting to play through the Dragon Warrior games so started with #1. Very familiar with it. Still fun. Just have to grind to the end now. Then I'll start 2 which I've never played.

Running out of games to buy.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2330 on: August 25, 2023, 07:43:04 PM »

I'm at the 4th Labyrinth level in Shining in the Darkness

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2331 on: August 27, 2023, 07:55:26 PM »

Beat Shining in the Darkness!

SMS set complete!
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2332 on: August 29, 2023, 07:41:46 PM »

Is it worth playing?

I'm just leveling to beat the Dragon Lord in DW1 now, I've got all the items.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2333 on: August 29, 2023, 08:46:25 PM »

Is it worth playing?

I'm just leveling to beat the Dragon Lord in DW1 now, I've got all the items.

I didn't think it was bad and worth a play.  Now I'm playing FF1 on FF Pixel Remastered.

SMS set complete!
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2334 on: September 02, 2023, 10:24:33 PM »

I've been leveling up in Dragon Warrior NES. I'm currently at Level 14 and plan on grinding more before progressing.

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2335 on: September 04, 2023, 08:31:29 AM »

I've been leveling up in Dragon Warrior NES. I'm currently at Level 14 and plan on grinding more before progressing.

Haha nice, I just beat it (again) last week. The grind isn't too time consuming thankfully.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2336 on: September 07, 2023, 07:29:09 AM »

Band Hero (PS2) - Had a few people over to watch AEW last night and we ended up jamming in this for a little while.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2337 on: September 08, 2023, 07:18:49 PM »

Getting close to the end of FF1.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2338 on: September 10, 2023, 04:09:27 PM »

Beat FF1.  Started FF2.

SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2339 on: September 18, 2023, 09:16:11 AM »

Final Fantasy XVI - Finally finished this. I was really enjoying it during the first half, then it started to lose me. Really felt like they didn't know what they wanted to do with the story at that point since the pacing just seemed way off. I still think it's one of the better FF games of the last 20 years.

Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles - Kind of a dumb throwback to the early survival-horror genre. I kinda enjoyed it despite it really not having much going for it.

Get Even - I suspect most people probably quit this game during the generic opening level, which would be kind of a shame. It's actually a pretty interesting game once you get into it. The asylum sections were genuinely interesting and unnerving, and I wish the game leaned into that a bit more. A weird game and far from perfect, but I enjoyed it.

Call of Cthulhu - I think I went into this expecting it to be a lot like Dark Corners of the Earth, but it's actually quite a bit different. More of an investigation game with some very light RPG mechanics. I actually really enjoyed it and got really invested in it, but I think it would have been a lot better with higher production values to iron out all of the rough spots. An interesting game for sure, though.

Dead Rising - I got an itch to replay the original DR after many years, so I started that up recently. This game is so much fun and pretty addicting, but it is also one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. It can be pretty cheap sometimes, and the controls can be a little jank on occasion. The AI for the survivors is so atrociously stupid that it feels like I'm watching something out of a zombie-themed comedy. And fighting against the timer can be pretty frustrating. The game requires some trial-and-error and multiple saves if you're trying to solve cases and get through the story without missing things (although it might be impossible to hit everything?). Despite all of those gripes, I still love it. I might play through the second and maybe the third after this one.

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length