RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:46:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | are we allowed to post controversial topics here? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: are we allowed to post controversial topics here?  (Read 10851 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »

Last year, I started to get back into the site more actively. I have been a member for 10 years, but actively on the forums...maybe less than a year total. But I have always loved these individuals exactly for the reasons mentioned above. It reminded me of a post I had back in June after wandering onto another site's forum topic about a large video game collection being sold:

"I am thankful for all of you after seeing what people were saying over there. I am perfectly happy without negativity and drama. Reading that forum felt like watching something on TLC...too much time and effort going into something completely negative, and I have said before and will always say that this site has always been the one place I have found on the internet not full of trolls and half-wits with giant online egos to stroke."

"I admit, in life there needs to be a difference of opinion for any relationship to develop, or any progress to be made as a civilization, but the line is drawn with respect. We talk on here all the time about our opinions and we give each other tons of guff about what we believe, but it never turns into an attack on somebody for what they say. Respect is never lost from what I have seen here and I know I have learned a lot from those differences in opinions. Again...thank you guys for being above this type of mindless and useless drama, there is enough of it in life away from the internet as it is."

It really is true. And even if a troll were to wander onto our site, nobody would feed it. Well...I guess you can technically force-feed a troll a Banhammer. Wink

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2014, 06:45:14 PM »

We do feed trolls.
They just tend to die quickly Wink

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2014, 11:12:07 PM »

The last troll talked to the Salem police department. The gaming community does not take well to threats.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:13:45 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2014, 02:13:24 PM »

The last troll talked to the Salem police department. The gaming community does not take well to threats.

was that the World of Nintendo guy who kept coming back? haven't seen him around in a while...
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 03:06:05 PM »

was that the World of Nintendo guy who kept coming back? haven't seen him around in a while...

That stuff must've occurred before I came around. What did World of Nintendo guy do? Everyone I've seen on here has been incredibly positive and supportive of the retrogaming community as a whole.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 03:14:26 PM »

He got roasted on Nintendo Age, hard. Kept making new accounts to apologize and each one was getting insta-banned. Pretty funny stuff.

That stuff must've occurred before I came around. What did World of Nintendo guy do? Everyone I've seen on here has been incredibly positive and supportive of the retrogaming community as a whole.

Mr. LucasBarton89 and other similar names would regularly go around posting on some of the big retro forums, this one included. He'd start off fairly polite and then inevitably start a collection thread showing off his World of Nintendo stuff. It really is an epic collection. Later he would start a sales thread. Somebody would offer a bit of practical advice like pricing strategies or expected interest from the site. This would cause him to instantly explode into an inconsolable rage that ended with Izret's mighty Banhammer of Thor.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 03:24:48 PM »

Now I have got to do a quick search for that name to see if I can pull it up. Sounds quite hilarious.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2015, 03:29:25 PM »

I'll just leave this here.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=12681.0

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2015, 03:47:01 PM »

What about the "Things that would spark a flame war" thread

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 03:48:09 PM »

sweet. mother. of. pearl. How on earth did that fellow acquire such delightfully tasty items?...and how did he become such a tremendous tool?
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2015, 09:55:14 PM »

sweet. mother. of. pearl. How on earth did that fellow acquire such delightfully tasty items?...and how did he become such a tremendous tool?

Those two might be connected somehow

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2015, 12:05:24 AM »

True, though ironically not a flame war in sight (despite Zag's best efforts).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2015, 08:20:08 PM »

i was suprised too, i remember at least 2 or 3 threads from him that always ended badly. maybe the offending posts were removed by the powers that be?
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2015, 11:14:14 PM »

i was suprised too, i remember at least 2 or 3 threads from him that always ended badly. maybe the offending posts were removed by the powers that be?

When I first read and began posting in that thread I took the name of it to be figurative.  Basically, a place for nonsense and overly dramatized statements that were silly and meant to be funny, ironic, and also absurd.  I think my posts reflect that, anyway.  It's funny for me to think about now, but the very title of the thread is a literal statement about its contents.  One could easily go into it, pick out a statement, and start a "flame war" in a more volatile environment than RF Gen quite easily. 

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2015, 02:11:59 AM »

#1. The best tasting catfish I've ever tasted was the ones I caught, and the best pizza was what I bought while on the road and almost starving for anything.

#2. Post what you wish, but don't be surprised by the community response - positive or negative.

and #3. The situation with the jerkoff mentioned above was HILARIOUS!  Maybe we'll get another one soon to ridicule.

Relax, I can fix it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length