RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:41:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7  (Read 342551 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2015, 03:15:18 PM »

Sorry to hear about Alfador. I talked with him a few months ago, and though things seemed a bit down he seemed to be doing okay. Cry

I'll also offer if anyone needs to chat. My roommate, after getting out of a desperate situation with her family, tried to commit suicide 3 times within the span of 4 months while living with us, and she eventually came to the decision to get rid of the medication causing those feelings, but it forced her to go through terrible withdrawal. Florida has what's referred to as the "Baker act" law, in which law enforcement officers will arrest someone they feel is a danger to themselves and transport them to a medical center for treatment. I've been forced to use it in the past, and knowing when and when not to call can be difficult.

...my family's been through a lot with it, but things have sorted themselves out now, and my roommate now has a healthy relationship with a new boyfriend for the first time in years and she's going to resume attending college this month. Things will eventually work out, but dealing with the feelings and situation can always be difficult, and it's only possible with a support network to back you up.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2015, 04:02:13 PM »

Hi all. I am back because I learned that Dustin (Alfador) left this world, and I am very sorry to hear that Adam and Ray had similar experiences.

In the RFG tradition, our community is strong. It's very sad that Dustin made a fierce goodbye, but he will never be forgotten. See you in the next life Dustin and Mike, neither of you forget that we will never forget, and we care about you both so deeply.

Hello World.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2015, 06:16:05 PM »

Edit: In memory of Alfador, I added his avatar to the emoticon list. Always loved it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:03:24 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Gamer4Lyfe
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »

I am saddened to hear about the loss of life.  I always have an open "ear" so to speak if anyone ever needs to chat, or message. 

R.I.P. friends you will be missed.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2015, 03:37:14 PM »

My deep sympathy, Adam.  I'm sorry for your family's loss, as well as the loss of Mr. Foote.

And I champion and second your offer to be there for anyone in need. I'm also always open to PMs, texts, phone calls or even visits anytime. Please never let any need be unaddressed, as anyone who reads this does not have to be alone.

I will echo this.  I've never dealt with severe depression, but others in my family have, and it can be debilitating.  For those that have no built-in support system with friends and family, know that there are those of us on the site who care and are willing to reach out to help.

Sorry for your loss, bickman.  I've been fortunate to have never lost a family member to suicide, but I know many who have, and it's always hard to process.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2015, 04:22:26 PM »

My deep sympathy, Adam.  I'm sorry for your family's loss, as well as the loss of Mr. Foote.

And I champion and second your offer to be there for anyone in need. I'm also always open to PMs, texts, phone calls or even visits anytime. Please never let any need be unaddressed, as anyone who reads this does not have to be alone.

I will echo this.  I've never dealt with severe depression, but others in my family have, and it can be debilitating.  For those that have no built-in support system with friends and family, know that there are those of us on the site who care and are willing to reach out to help.

Sorry for your loss, bickman.  I've been fortunate to have never lost a family member to suicide, but I know many who have, and it's always hard to process.

Well said, both of you. Same here. If anyone needs to talk via PM or a phone call, I'd be here to listen.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #231 on: August 05, 2015, 05:39:47 AM »

I've been sick for like a week now, and as a result, I've been unable to sleep at all at night, and that results in being unable to talk to anyone as everyone is asleep. Tongue This in turn results in extreme boredom and me overthinking everything, sometimes causing a slight depression. Anyone have any suggestions towards fixing this?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #232 on: August 05, 2015, 07:52:24 AM »

I've been sick for like a week now, and as a result, I've been unable to sleep at all at night, and that results in being unable to talk to anyone as everyone is asleep. Tongue This in turn results in extreme boredom and me overthinking everything, sometimes causing a slight depression. Anyone have any suggestions towards fixing this?

If you're having trouble sleeping, exercise would be a good thing for you if it is not part of your regimen. Getting out for some fresh air and sunlight during the day will get your mood up too. It will definitely help with the sleep. Also, if you drink caffeine, cut that off around 5 PM. Sometimes a slight change in lifestyle is all you need. Good luck!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2015, 09:25:21 AM »

Running a pretty hot bath, using headphones and my phone's white noise generator, and/or getting into the dark and spending some alone time praying and meditating.  I've been known to do all three at once some nights/early mornings.

Also, feel free to gimme a text or even a call if you want. Never too late to be reached at our place, standing house rule. Smiley

Keelah se'lai
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #234 on: August 05, 2015, 09:37:34 PM »

Documentaries help me get to sleep.
Check my posts in the what are you watching thread for suggestions Wink

I pick up wherever I fell asleep at the night before

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2015, 08:49:09 AM »

If you're having trouble sleeping, exercise would be a good thing for you if it is not part of your regimen. Getting out for some fresh air and sunlight during the day will get your mood up too. It will definitely help with the sleep. Also, if you drink caffeine, cut that off around 5 PM. Sometimes a slight change in lifestyle is all you need. Good luck!

Running a pretty hot bath, using headphones and my phone's white noise generator, and/or getting into the dark and spending some alone time praying and meditating.  I've been known to do all three at once some nights/early mornings.

Also, feel free to gimme a text or even a call if you want. Never too late to be reached at our place, standing house rule. Smiley

Documentaries help me get to sleep.
Check my posts in the what are you watching thread for suggestions Wink

I pick up wherever I fell asleep at the night before

Thanks for the help guys. I finally fell asleep last night at around 11:30 PM EST. The exhaustion hit me like a hammer hits a whack-a-mole, and the moment I hit the bed, I was out. Woke up at 5:30 AM EST this morning, and I felt fairly good. Smiley

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #236 on: August 06, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »

@Bickman, Sorry to hear the loss in your family. My thoughts are with you today.  I am also saddened to hear about Alfador.  I have people in my family that have had suicidal behaviors in the past, and I know how much I would miss them, if they were to die. 

If you need to talk about it, please PM me as well.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #237 on: August 06, 2015, 08:19:32 PM »

RIP Alfador. Lots of sad news on the last few pages here.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #238 on: August 07, 2015, 01:09:08 AM »

I don't remember creating a Windows 7 Ultimate virtual machine using "Partial Product Key: HYRR2"... But apparently I did. Huh.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2015, 10:06:24 AM »

Mumbo i need Win8. Stat.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length