RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Submissions In Limbo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Submissions In Limbo  (Read 101330 times)
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2021, 11:09:18 AM »

Shadow left. He was the old approver and the head of the database. Good chap
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2021, 01:20:09 PM »

Have a couple of games stuck for about a month. Other 2 are more recent so not here for them.

Well the main person that was doing them, Schlibby, has decided he didn't want to do them all (I don't blame him). He made a post about it in one of the admin forums and nobody responded. So I don't think anyone is currently approving any submissions. Anything new that's being added is being done but people with admin access.

Yeah, they said that they needed help months ago and I tried reaching out saying I can help but I got no response.  Oh well.

Hi Shaggy. Do you mean you reached out to me? I don’t remember getting any messages and can’t see any from you in my pms. I would always reply to messages I see so maybe it got lost in the ether

I told one of the guys on the Discord I can help, they told me to PM someone else on the website and they never got back to me.  That was over 6 months ago.  To be honest, this website is a shell of it's former self.  It used to be bumping and tons of discussions but now, it's pretty much dead.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2021, 08:19:35 AM »

Shadow left. He was the old approver and the head of the database. Good chap

Ah, I was just going by last login time.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2021, 08:25:03 AM »

To be honest, this website is a shell of it's former self.  It used to be bumping and tons of discussions but now, it's pretty much dead.

Part of the problem is no new development / new blood.  The admins have said we need various spots filled in passing more then once but as far as I know, nothing has been actively done do promote anyone to these positions even when people volunteer for them.  Obviously there needs to be some vetting for the bigger rolls but still, this has been an issue for a long while now.  I think if some of these rolls got filled with people willing to put in some time on the site, you would get some of that lively interaction back.

I'm pretty active over at The Cover Project too and that site was pretty much dead.  The admin finally got uploads working again and while it's not perfect right now, it's been crazy active with a ton of new users coming in since. 

There's obviously enough users of this site to keep it going though donations each year so the userbase is still here for now.  I know it's summer and people are busy but this has been an issue since before that.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2021, 01:26:03 PM »

singlebanana is mostly handling the blogs/front page stuff and I've been working a lot on trying to get the site server upgraded. Neither of us typically do a lot with the DB. I have reached out to Duke along with singlebanana to see what we can do.

Shaggy, I will talk with them as well about getting you the proper approval access to see if we can help get some additional folks to help out.

I do personally apologize for not being on a ton. I started a new job in May that has really taken a toll on some outside projects (such as this), but things are starting to clear up a bit and I'm hoping that will allow for some more time here.

If anyone has any concerns and is not getting the response they are looking for, please feel free to send a PM to any/all of the directors.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2021, 01:40:54 PM »

I'm attempting to work on approving a few, although I'm mostly only comfortable with Region 1 stuff.  I'll do what I can Smiley

Keelah se'lai
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2021, 01:55:33 PM »

Nothing has been done to actively promote anyone to these positions because nobody wants them. That's just the fact of the matter. No pay equals no interest and availability only during what spare time we all have. Before a few weeks ago, I was reviewing and scheduling all of the articles for the front page, doing the news write up, recording and editing a podcast for the site (which takes me close to 30 hours to edit each one), run the entire fund drive and raffle myself, full time job, wife, three kids all of which play sports (one that plays travel ball).... so yeah, I do what I can and I know others do as well. If you want the submissions queue down, simply step up and ask to help.

We WANT people to help out the site, but no one's beating down our down to help out and that has always been the case here. As frustrated as you all are (and I completely understand and think that you are all justified), I can assure you that I (will not speak for the other directors), am doubly frustrated. As we say in the South, "There's only so much blood that you can squeeze out of a turnip"....  whatever that means...but I'm sure it applies here. 😆.  

With that said, if you need a director, include all three of us in your PM, or send us all an email. They are listed on the staff page. We are available, but you'll certainly catch more fish by dropping more lines.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2021, 02:34:12 PM »

I'm attempting to work on approving a few, although I'm mostly only comfortable with Region 1 stuff.  I'll do what I can Smiley

Thanks man.  And thank you Schlibby for all of the hard work as well.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2021, 02:38:50 PM »

singlebanana is mostly handling the blogs/front page stuff and I've been working a lot on trying to get the site server upgraded. Neither of us typically do a lot with the DB. I have reached out to Duke along with singlebanana to see what we can do.

Shaggy, I will talk with them as well about getting you the proper approval access to see if we can help get some additional folks to help out.

I do personally apologize for not being on a ton. I started a new job in May that has really taken a toll on some outside projects (such as this), but things are starting to clear up a bit and I'm hoping that will allow for some more time here.

If anyone has any concerns and is not getting the response they are looking for, please feel free to send a PM to any/all of the directors.

Thanks for the reply bickman.  I appreciate the insight on what's going on behind the scenes.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2021, 02:44:22 PM »

We WANT people to help out the site, but no one's beating down our down to help out and that has always been the case here. As frustrated as you all are (and I completely understand and think that you are all justified), I can assure you that I (will not speak for the other directors), am doubly frustrated. As we say in the South, "There's only so much blood that you can squeeze out of a turnip"....  whatever that means...but I'm sure it applies here. 😆. 

I think I mentioned this somewhere else but maybe a "Help Wanted" Blog post / pinned thread with the positions we need filled might help?  I wouldn't mind helping out with the submission queue but I'd probably only be helpful with Region 1 releases.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2021, 03:48:38 PM »

I'd be willing to lend a hand with the submission queue in my spare time too. Provide I have the skill set, I'd be willing to help out in other areas too.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #161 on: July 07, 2021, 09:27:54 PM »

Got through about 75% of the backup submissions, undoubtedly with a few errors as I'm still learning the system and protocols (and using a creaky tablet with keyboard.)  BUT... that should be a start...

Keelah se'lai
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2021, 02:45:29 AM »

Nice! Thanks Slackur!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #163 on: July 08, 2021, 09:28:39 AM »

Got through about 75% of the backup submissions, undoubtedly with a few errors as I'm still learning the system and protocols (and using a creaky tablet with keyboard.)  BUT... that should be a start...

Thanks for the work to help clear the backlog, slackur! Everyone's contributions are appreciated.

n64ra
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2021, 01:08:02 PM »

Hi All,

I have two Games Variations in waiting for quite some time. I think I provided the bar code number for easy verification. Is there anything I can do to help them along? Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length