RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:58:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Submissions In Limbo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Submissions In Limbo  (Read 101831 times)
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« on: January 01, 2015, 02:56:23 PM »

Hello all, I've had three pending submissions in the hopper for three or four weeks now, and I've even submitted additions *after* these three, that have been approved.
Like I said, they've been pending for at least three weeks now, and I've started wondering, is there any reason my submissions haven't been approved in all this time? I've never had submissions take more than a week, at most, to be approved, so I'm starting to get concerned here. I've heard nothing about them, and I've started wondering if they're even being reviewed at all.
Can someone please help? I have been refraining from making anymore submissions for awhile now, until these three are approved.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 03:51:53 PM »

The same thing happens to me every now and then.  Now sure why, but I imagine it has to do with who is approving at the time and exactly what you are submitting.  I try to put in as much research as possible and place them in the submission notes.  That will sometimes expedite the process.  But it could also be down to the holidays, too.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:59:07 PM »

All I know is that the newest submissions tend to be approved first. I myself have two submissions pending.
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 04:39:55 PM »

Thanks for the help!

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 09:20:40 PM »

I can tell you its not personal, on the overall submission queue, we don't even see the name of the submitter, so you at least don't have to worry about that. Looking at the queue right now, there's a lot of non-US flags, which mean they take more time as most of our staff is from the US and knows those games/systems the best. Things like images are generally approved quickly, page edits are a bit slower, variations are even slower and new titles are probably the slowest. It really just depends what is being submitted and who is doing the reviewing and how much they know about the item. We generally have to do more than just hit the Approve button.
And as mumboking mentioned, the newest stuff is at the top of the list, so the reviewers see that first.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 02:05:21 AM »

lee, your submissions tend to drop to the bottom of the list mostly due to unfamiliarity - I do quite a few of the reviews, and when I have time, I tackle what I know first. I'll try to tackle yours in the next couple days, as nothing should be in the queue that long.

For reference, I did 641 reviews in December... That's kind of average numbers, but it gives you an idea of what we deal with on a monthly basis. If you need a nudge on your submissions, just let us know. Wink
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:09:02 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

sektor75
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 08:25:41 PM »

Yeah, I submitted an addition for Flight Simulator X during the big Steam Sale and it's still pending. I thought I might have done something wrong, but I guess everyone's still digging through them.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/sektor75.png[/img]
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »

Looks like we might need more approvers. *cough cough*  Wink Wink
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 02:07:22 PM »

I again have two submissions that have been pending for nearly two weeks now? I'll hold off making more submissions for the time being.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 02:10:08 PM »

There are 82 submissions in the queue. If you have particular ones you want us to look at, I can prioritize them. I did a couple of yours last night.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 06:22:45 PM »

I got burnt out on approving for a while. I'll plow through them tonight. Not like I'm doing anything anyway. Tongue
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:05:42 PM by Flee » Logged
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 01:09:24 AM »

Three submissions, two of which have been lingering for three weeks now.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 10:23:12 AM »

The pain yourself with submissions contest is creating an influx of them that regenerates right after we get them down to zero. I'll try to clear them tonight again.
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 10:47:10 AM »

My apologies for being a squeaky wheel about it. Just sometimes I see them sit there for awhile and get worried that they were forgotten.

Bandaren
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2015, 09:07:47 AM »

Hi

I've had a couple of submissions pending approval for some time now. around two months I believe.
Anyone know what is up?

the games are:

(addition)  Until Dawn: Extended Edition
(variation) Grand Theft Auto V
(variation) Dishonored: Definitive Edition
(variation) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain[Day One Edition]

All games are PS4 EU versions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length