RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:18:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Retro Playthrough - February 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Retro Playthrough - February 2015  (Read 59969 times)
Gredler
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 01:59:31 PM »

Hi All, Douglie invited me to join in from the AtariAge chat, and I would love to play. I will be playing my original launch cart on the SNES. I just finished Link Between Worlds earlier this month, so I've been hankering to go back and play LTTP again Cheesy
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »

Awesome!  Welcome aboard!  Smiley

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 02:07:31 PM »

Hi All, Douglie invited me to join in from the AtariAge chat, and I would love to play. I will be playing my original launch cart on the SNES. I just finished Link Between Worlds earlier this month, so I've been hankering to go back and play LTTP again Cheesy

Very, very nice! Welcome to the site. Enjoy the playthrough and we hope you'll stick around. I too will be playing the SNES, but on the Retron5. Cheesy

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 02:09:27 PM »

I too will be playing the SNES, but on the Retron5. Cheesy
How's that working out? I've heard mixed reviews.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2015, 02:13:50 PM »

The only negative I have heard so far, is a guy locally that returned his to Crabby's store. I don't think he could quite grasp, that you need to hold the power in for what seems a little long, to power it up. I personally love mine a LOT.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2015, 02:35:28 PM »

I love it!  Gameplay is the same, I can use my SNES controller to play, and it looks stunning in HD. I've played several games on it already (NES, Famicom, and SNES for far) and nothing negative to report.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2015, 02:47:08 PM »

Sounds like I'll need to pick one up...

I'd love to play through something with you guys, but too much on my plate right now. I've seen plenty of speedruns and know the game fairly well, so I'll follow along and see if I help nudge people along or answer any questions.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2015, 02:52:36 PM »

Thanks, that HD sounds good! (wish it played Master System games!) I've had terrible experiences with other 3rd party machines, most notably the controller ports malfunctioning and the pin-connector gripping onto my games like a gorilla.

I don't want to hi-jack this Zelda thread, but one review I read said "highly recommended…just look out for a bug that wipes save states." That concerns me but maybe he got a lemon.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2015, 03:00:45 PM »

Thanks, that HD sounds good! (wish it played Master System games!) I've had terrible experiences with other 3rd party machines, most notably the controller ports malfunctioning and the pin-connector gripping onto my games like a gorilla.

It does play SMS if you have a Power Base Converter.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2015, 03:08:19 PM »

I just saw that. It's something to consider.
Gredler
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2015, 05:27:52 PM »

I just saw that. It's something to consider.

I'm fairly certain that the power base mini works with it as well, for form factor and convenience (unless you want to play quartet or my hero, etc, the mini does accept card based games)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2015, 06:30:18 PM »

Since I've earned two endings in 999 already I'm going to devote some time to this for a little while.

Today's session was tough! Once we officially start talking about the game I'll share my experience with everyone.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2015, 03:35:49 PM »

I think I'm going to get in on this. Every other thread in this forum has a "new" next to it for me since.....well, just because. Link to the Past though, that's a game that can draw me in. Plus I have time off work in February to play.

Several years ago I played 1/2 to 3/4 of this game, I wouldn't give anyone grief for saying it was the best game all time. It's pretty awesome.

I'll probably try and play through the game the first week of next month since that's when I have time off. I'll play on SNES. You know, the Ess-Ness.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2015, 06:18:18 PM »

Right on man. Happy to have you along.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2015, 06:45:32 AM »

I wish they would have added the Game Gear Emulation to the Retron 5.  I would have bought it 1st day.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length