RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:20:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Retro Playthrough - February 2015 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Retro Playthrough - February 2015  (Read 59970 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 01:56:58 AM »

Leave it to the Zelda collector to have not played LttP. Tongue

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 06:46:57 AM »

Welcome cverz2.

For those of you who don't know, the hosts typically start and finish the playthrough early to sort out checkpoints and ensure that there aren't any snags. We also record our podcast midmonth.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 07:07:58 AM »

Finished the East Palace yesterday at work. I'm pretty bad at this game so far. It never got me frustrated, but let's just say I had the path from the entrance to the boss pretty much memorized by the time I was actually able to defeat him (them).

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 07:11:35 AM »

The game doesn't get any easier and the dungeons get much more complex. Your best strategy will be to find some bottles and the bug net. Capturing faeries is a real "life-saver" early on.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 07:12:38 AM »

I have two bottles, but not sure how to use them. Help?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »

Bottles are multi-purpose.
Spoiler (hover to show)

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »

I've beaten it at least 3 times and I'll beat it again. I'm in.

Hands down one of the greatest games of all-time, I don't care who you are. An utter masterpiece. My favorite of the series.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 09:06:08 AM by JerryGreenwood » Logged
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 09:01:13 AM »

The game doesn't get any easier and the dungeons get much more complex. Your best strategy will be to find some bottles and the bug net. Capturing faeries is a real "life-saver" early on.

It's certainly not an easy game. You'll do yourself a favour by doing some side quests and collecting heart pieces.

So far my experience on the Wii U Virtual Console is that controls are a little floaty or loose feeling. It makes quick reactions or tight room movement a little difficult. I didn't know you could use the analogue stick to control Link. It felt weird when I experimented with it. Nothing beats the good ol D Pad.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 11:12:11 AM »

I think this game has a very nice level of difficulty. Not too easy, not too hard. That goes for puzzles and combat. There are a few tricky puzzles and a few tricky bosses, but nothing anyone should need a walk-through for (unless you want 100% completion).
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2015, 12:54:47 PM »

I think this game has a very nice level of difficulty. Not too easy, not too hard. That goes for puzzles and combat. There are a few tricky puzzles and a few tricky bosses, but nothing anyone should need a walk-through for (unless you want 100% completion).

I agree, the difficulty is pretty well-balanced.  It get's tougher as you progress, but you also get better items to use, armor/magic upgrades, and more hearts.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 03:15:23 PM »

That's a really good comment. It's true that you evolve as a player and get better items as the game gets more challenging. Nothing is so out of reach to make someone frustrated. Though I will admit that I loathe the low health sound.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 04:02:39 PM »

Though I will admit that I loathe the low health sound.

more or less, than crying baby Mario?

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »

Though I will admit that I loathe the low health sound.

more or less, than crying baby Mario?

Equally. I don't know why but I just don't like that sound and it makes me feel so frantic.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2015, 04:07:08 PM »

Carry around an extra faerie to reduce your stress levels. Wink

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2015, 04:10:24 PM »

I loathe the low health sound.
I had to look that up. It's not as bad as the Pokémon low health sound.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length