RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:58:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Pre-RetroWorld Expo RFGeneration MEETUP!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Pre-RetroWorld Expo RFGeneration MEETUP!!!  (Read 25041 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: February 04, 2015, 10:35:01 AM »

PRE-RetroWorld Expo Meetup

Are you an active member of the RFGeneration Community?
Do you want to hang out with the hosts of the RFGeneration Collectorcast and RFGeneration Playcast (as well as other active members of the RFGeneration Community)?
Are you going to be in South Western Connecticut on Friday October 2nd?
If you answered "yes" to all of these questions, AND if you are a pleasant guest that doesn't drink too much and start fights, I would like to invite you to

WildBil52's Pre-RetroWorld Expo RFGeneration MEETUP!!!

I don't have a super big house, but for those who are going to be in the area the night before RetroWorld Expo, I would love to have you over to hang out and maybe play a few games.

Please keep in mind that my house is about 1 hour from the Wallingford, CT, where the Expo is, so if you have a hotel in that area, it would be a bit of a drive for you.

Please send me a PM if you plan on attending so that I can plan accordingly.  I don't believe I have any spare couch or air mattress room at my place so plan your sleeping accommodations ahead of time

ORIGINAL POST
We have purchased a table at RetroWorld Expo for RFGeneration.  The space is a little larger than 8'x8'.  The space isn't huge but we wanted to have:

-A central spot for RFGeneration members to meet up
-A laptop or two to display the site and encourage new member sign ups
-Some printable checklists to hand out to help show what we are all about
-A place for Duke and Crabby to sign anything their fans want them to
-a few surprises..

If you plan on attending the event, make sure to stop by!

RFGeneration members attending RetroWorld Expo

bickman2k
Crabmaster2000*
GamerNick*
Fleach*
Izret101
russlyman
singlebanana
wildbil52

*=maybe
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:14:57 PM by bickman2k » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 11:20:28 AM »

I'd like to come out to this. It's been a long time since I've gone to a convention and I've never been to a gaming one so, I gotta make it out to this one.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 11:39:15 AM »

I'm tentative right now. Got lots of time so I'm gonna try to make it happen

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:42:10 AM »

I am planning to attend..like Crabby I am tentative as we do have lots of time and I am going to try and make it happen.  Also it would be my first convention if I don't go to the one in Iowa this year in July.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 12:49:15 PM »

Planning on it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 02:21:45 PM »

I am planning on it and have gotten the toughest part of it out of the way, discussing it with my wife. I have a beach trip planned for the following weekend that would leave her with the kids for 2 weekends, so that's the pile of eggshells that I am currently navigating. Early signs are good that I will be in attendance and I've already looked at the price of flights and discussed it with her.

I'd love to do a meet up for everyone attending and I don't think it would be a bad idea to do some name tags with our handles and avatar on there just in case we run across each other while there. Plus, it's a good way to promote the site.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »

Maybe an RFGen T shirt with a hello my name is on the front that people could fill in with a marker...

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 03:45:31 PM »

Wow, only about two and a half hours from where I live now, but by October I had damn well better be living about 1600 miles further away.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't fly up for it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 10:53:39 AM »

Just booked my flight today. It's official, The Banana will be on-site.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 11:12:14 AM »

Just booked my flight today. It's official, The Banana will be on-site.

WOOP!  PARTY AT BIL'S HOUSE!

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 10:13:55 AM »

My girlfriend and I discussed this last night, and we're tentatively making plans to bring Kentucky (with an added Tennessee twang on my part) to Connecticut. You can add me to the list. I am very excited to meet the fine folks at RFGeneration and put a face to a name (or a fruit in Banana's case).

Plus, with a little luck, I'll be able to snag a game or two that will REALLY make the trip worth it Smiley

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 10:32:14 AM »

I shall be there of course ha . Should have my Mario Car on display on the inside if all goes well. If anyone wants to meet up early and hang out that Friday let me know.

Now your playing with power!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 10:59:50 AM »

I shall be there of course ha . Should have my Mario Car on display on the inside if all goes well. If anyone wants to meet up early and hang out that Friday let me know.

Depending on what Bil has lined up for me, it would be nice for all of us to at least go out to dinner Friday or Saturday evening.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 11:08:29 AM »

Depending on what Bil has lined up for me, it would be nice for all of us to at least go out to dinner Friday or Saturday evening.

Friday is a possibility.  The event goes until close to midnight on Saturday so maybe an afterparty?

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 11:50:20 AM »

I can take off Friday if you'll be down banana and we can chill.
Not sure if I have to go to the even friday to help setup though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length