RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:31:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | The amiibo Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print
Author Topic: The amiibo Thread  (Read 37794 times)
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2015, 08:43:11 PM »

« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:40:56 PM by tactical_nuke » Logged
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2015, 09:07:15 AM »

Also have an extra Jigglypuff if anyone's on the lookout.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2015, 11:29:51 AM »

PM sent as well!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2015, 03:20:40 PM »

Hey now...

For you Amiibo fanatics who are picking up the Nintendo-console Skylanders Superchargers starter packs-- and I know you are, don't even try to lie to me-- you must twist the base from...

...to...

...for it to play in Superchargers. And vice-versa to play in other Amiibo-compatible Ninty games.

All right, carry on.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2015, 10:27:27 AM »

Just snagged a Dr. Mario since he wasn't too scarce around here.  That completes this last wave and only puts me down 5 for the whole smash bros set. 
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2015, 02:24:22 PM »

A few Toys "R" Us have been spotted breaking the November 1st street date for the Mii Fighter 3-pack. Might be worth checking your local Toys "R" Us if it's near to you.
Dennis Fleaman
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2016, 05:28:10 PM »

Found the new amiibo's by pure luck ! Picked them all up. They all look nice and Ryu kicks ass !

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2016, 05:35:07 PM »

It's fairly common to find pre-street date amiibo in Europe I hear. Enjoy.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2016, 10:21:09 PM »

So with the upcoming release of the Kirby line Amiibo, I got ta thinking. Perhaps the title format SHOULD after all include the series. I'm not totally sure though. There's no clear cut way to list these really. Take for example Gold/Silver Mario. They're listed as variants because of course they're just paint variants like the 8-Bit Marios. HOWEVER, the NFC chips inside are different as they give a unique reward for Mario Party 8 and Mario Maker. So one could make the argument for variant status or different Amiibo all together. (perhaps linked by related hardware)

So I think we need to reach a consensus on this before editing entries becomes a behemoth task. What are your takes on organizing Amiibo?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2016, 10:37:37 PM »

Do variants behave like Skylanders variants? For example, are there variants or chase figures for the "Super Smash Bros." Mario? If so, you can include the series name in the front to match the standard with the Skylanders, e.g. "Super Smash Bros.: Mario", and have the separate series as separate variations (making "Super Mario: Mario" a separate entry). This is the consensus we came up with for Skylanders after it became a grey area, so the variants were based on the NFC chip supported in the base, which incidentally lined up with the game series.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2016, 09:39:47 AM »

Series should be part of the title (and not just as variations when a character appears in multiple series), making 'Super Mario Collection: Mario' and 'Super Smash Bros. Collection: Mario' separate rather than variations of each other.  I know I already said this back in January, but I have been doing more research since then, and my opinion has been reinforced.

The current method of basing an amiibo as a variant based on NFC is problematic as we cannot be truly certain whether or not different models depicting the same character use the same NFC data unless:
a) the NFC data has been dumped so the code from different models can be compared, or
b) a game is released in which different models of the same character unlock different effects.
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »

It depends on the game.

If you tap Mario Party Mario in to Smash, he acts as a Mario fighter. If you tap MP Mario in to Mario Maker, the same thing happens.
If you tap MP Gold Mario in to Smash, he also acts like Mario. If you tap him in to Mario Maker, he is a separate Mystery Mushroom costume.

The NFC chip is encoded with character codes as well as series codes.

There are some known variants of amiibo. Main one being the Villager. The original has larger eyes than the re-release, but they are effectively the same thing.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2016, 12:31:16 PM »

Fixed the titles!! Just need an admin to unlink the non-regional variations and we'll be golden.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2016, 06:35:01 PM »

Sorry, for which?

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2016, 10:23:38 PM »

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and Yoshi's Smash/Mario Bros.
Gold, Silver Mario. Gold Megaman.
8-Bit Modern/Classic Marios.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length