RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:33:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | If you could have one arcade, which one? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: If you could have one arcade, which one?  (Read 11113 times)
Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« on: May 04, 2005, 12:28:40 PM »

Galaga would be mine.  I got quite hooked on the game over the last month due to not having any internet access, and boy, I now appreciate the game on a whole new level for being pure fun Smiley  I did used to have a conversion of the game on my old BBC Master (Zalaga) which was always always semi-popular for me, though I've never played it as much as I have in most recent times.

If I could have a second place arcade, it would probably be Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo - perhaps the greatest puzzle game ever - or Mr. Do as it was one of the first games I ever played on my BBC (as Mr. Ee), and still love it.

What would yours be?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 12:30:36 PM by Sureshot » Logged

Me vs Gretzky
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 12:32:06 PM »

well, i already have a pretty good collection of arcade games (Neo Geo MVS 4 Slot, Vigilante, Nintendo VS), but if there was one that i would buy right now if i had the opportunity and the money, would be one of my all-time favorite games:    Burgertime

if i got to choose a pinball machine, since i already have my numer 1 choice (Super Mario Bros.) id take my number 2 choice:  The Sopranos

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 12:35:17 PM »

I have a Mr Do! cabinet.

were I to get another (and someday I will) my first choices would be Galaga or:

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 02:17:28 PM »

I have the one I would want. Ms Pac Man!!!!!

I would also like to get a Bubble Bobble and a Time Killers cab.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 02:21:12 PM »

I would definitely want the 2-in-1 Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga cabinet.  That thing rocks hardcore.

- Zac
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 03:27:45 PM »

What do you people want stand up cabinets for? With the emulations and compilations that are out there today, you can get a near real arcade feeling at a regular computer/tv.

Sure, it's not actually real, but it's a lot closer to the real thing than playing a racing or flying game on emulation, instead of on a huge cabinet with a seat and moving parts.

That said, I'd love a big virtua racing cabinet. The one that's shaped like a real race car. Or maybe A sega rally cabinet. I can't chose!
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 03:30:56 PM »

What do you people want stand up cabinets for? With the emulations and compilations that are out there today, you can get a near real arcade feeling at a regular computer/tv.

Sure, it's not actually real, but it's a lot closer to the real thing than playing a racing or flying game on emulation, instead of on a huge cabinet with a seat and moving parts.

That said, I'd love a big virtua racing cabinet. The one that's shaped like a real race car. Or maybe A sega rally cabinet. I can't chose!

like you said...its "almost" real

i dont want the almost feel...i want the REAL feeling

i also hope to get a crusin' usa at the next super auctions if the price is right....because of the real feeling of a real race set, shifter, etc

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 03:49:50 PM »

I would want (obviously) a Mortal Kombat cab. (Not so much MK4)
Just as utterly amzing would be Asteroids, Tempest, Centipede or one of the Point Blank ones.

I have played in arcades very little compared to most of the rest of you guys so i have missed out on alot of great games.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 03:50:12 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 06:28:44 PM »

I would definitely want a Viper Phase 1 (New Version) cab.  This is a lesser-known and rare game made by Seibu Kaihatsu, the makers of the more popular Raiden Fighters.

You could always build a MAME cabinet, as long as you have a fast enough computer for the game you want (and the game is supposrted by MAME, most are) its practically better than the real thing if you build it right (or buy, but people rip you off, go ahead and search ebay)

I'm planning on building one when I get enought money and stuffing it with roms for every system known to man. (well the fun ones at least)

(damn thats a lot of parentheses)

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 06:31:36 PM »

OK for all the EMU and MAME cabs  yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 07:58:50 PM »

Yeah, I think it's nicer to achieve the whole experience by having 'the real thing'.  I can play MAME on my PC quite happily, but having a real working arcade cab would give that extra special value.

Me vs Gretzky
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 05:38:14 AM »

okay since were talking about the ENORMOUS arcade cabs now I would like to add House of the Dead II and a 4 seat Daytona USA to my wish list.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 06:46:06 AM »

The original Tapper game where you play as a bartender serving Budweisers to get patrons out the door. I especially enjoyed the Outer Space levels.

I like the game because it used a joystick and a beer tap stick on the console. That, and is was the only Arcade game I've ever mastered.

The version that's on Midway Arcade Treasures is okay, but it's too politically correct (it's called Root Beer Tapper) imo, so it won't offend the masses.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 07:22:52 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 06:50:01 AM »

I would love to have Star Wars:  The Arcade Game and a cocktail version of Galaga/Ms. Pac-man.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 07:24:22 AM »

I also wouldn't mind a USA vs.USSR bubble hockey table. The "BOO!" button was a fun touch.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length