RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:45:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | If you could have one arcade, which one? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: If you could have one arcade, which one?  (Read 11109 times)
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2007, 03:51:30 AM »

Fuel to the home vs arcade debate, not many of us have proper MAME setups or even JAMMA quality console sticks at home, let alone dedicated arcade machines.  I don't know what 5.1 surround sound and a comfortable sofa is going to get you because I've never seen an arcade game that could be effectively played that way.

it's thinking
Tan
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2007, 09:06:06 AM »

Fuel to the home vs arcade debate, not many of us have proper MAME setups or even JAMMA quality console sticks at home, let alone dedicated arcade machines.  I don't know what 5.1 surround sound and a comfortable sofa is going to get you because I've never seen an arcade game that could be effectively played that way.

That's because I forgot to mention one of these:

http://www.x-arcade.com/t...nkstick-arcade-game.shtml

Wink

My home versus Arcade is based on arcades now, not of those from back then. How many adults will cruise to the nearest arcade with a couple of rolls of quarters and a few friends? Versus how many adults will pick up a wiimote or a Guitar Hero controller.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 09:08:43 AM by Tan » Logged
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2007, 11:24:15 AM »

I would LOVE to own a Hydro Thunder arcade.  I love that game!

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2007, 01:55:54 AM »

As mentioned before I use to love going to the arcades... until they took them all away from us  Cry

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2007, 02:21:43 PM »

I'm still pissed about the disappearance of video arcades. We lost our last one around here about 3 years ago. When I was in high school I used to take people there and stand in front of it and demand that they look at it, because it wouldn't be around much longer.

As to which game I would own, either Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtes or Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

P.S. I don't have JAMMA sound, but I have one of those full-size x-arcade sticks. I like it a lot.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 02:23:43 PM by The Evil Leon » Logged

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2007, 07:39:19 PM »

If I went the home arcade set up I would have to get one of these
http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/CS2-0007.html

Thing that sux is while I did state there are probably only 2 more arcades left in this state, I don't think I mentioned they are both about an hour away via public transport Sad

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length