RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:06:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | If you could have one arcade, which one? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: If you could have one arcade, which one?  (Read 11104 times)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2007, 01:14:38 PM »

See, Scott agrees with me! Cheesy

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2007, 01:15:09 PM »

To each their own I guess. I'm long past the days where I prefer the loud backgrounds, greasy controls and strangers watching of arcades, when I can do all in the comfort of my own living room with friends and plenty of cold ones.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2007, 01:41:51 PM »

But it's always a nice experience to have that kind of feeling you can only get in the arcade. It's always fun to have people around and (hopefully) complimenting your skill. Plus, nothing beats playing DDR in the arcade where the whole world can see you being a moron.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2007, 02:06:12 PM »

But it's always a nice experience to have that kind of feeling you can only get in the arcade. It's always fun to have people around and (hopefully) complimenting your skill. Plus, nothing beats playing DDR in the arcade where the whole world can see you being a moron.

True but air conditioning, food, drink, furniture, 5.1, friends, no lineups, no need for change and a nearby bathroom still win out for me. If i want to show off to the world I have a gamertag and a blog and youtube is always available. Wink

Don't get me wrong, when most of these things were out of my reach as a kid the arcades were the place to be, but when you move out when your 18, doing all of that @ your own pad is much more preferrable not to mention convenient.

How often do 25+ year olds get together in groups and hang at the local arcade anymore? There are still arcades around so that's not really an excuse.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:11:24 PM by Tan » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2007, 03:00:44 PM »

Shut up old man.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2007, 04:17:26 PM »

"Arcades" over here have always been seedy places with nothing but gambling machines. You only get "arcades" in seaside towns. They have coin stackers where you put a coin in a slot hoping it knocks some off a stack into the collection tray.

And that's about the only arcade game I can think of in particular. There was a motorbike game where you sat on a proper bike seat but like most racing games it was crap because it cost 50p for you to not reach the first checkpoint.

I'd like s Streets of Rage 2 cabinet though.
Tan
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2007, 05:30:34 PM »

Shut up old man.

This coming from an old-timer 5 years older than me. Shocked Wink
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2007, 05:36:18 PM »

Shut up old man.

But you sound 20 years older then me. Wink

I'd like s Streets of Rage 2 cabinet though.

There is a SoR2 arcade cab?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 05:38:28 PM by Tynstar » Logged

Tan
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »

Shut up old man.

dirty dingy greasy drug dealer jail bait hangouts. Not the fun clean exciting places to hang out they were when I was in school 10 years ago. If that makes me an old man then so be it. Wink
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2007, 05:42:45 PM »

Shut up old man.

dirty dingy greasy drug dealer jail bait hangouts. Not the fun clean exciting places to hang out they were when I was in school 10 years ago. If that makes me an old man then so be it. Wink

Arcades here are nothing like that. Look up Game Works or Buster and Daves.

Tan
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2007, 05:47:53 PM »

You live in a different country with a different culture. There's no chain of arcades here, just a few dingy places stuffed away in the corner of malls that have been replaced by super-malls and a few amusement parks with arcades scattered around the country.

At one time every bowling alley, theatre, mall, pizza joint, anusement park and exhibition ground had several machines, but that was 10-15 years ago.

The best arcade now is the 5-6 machines each Empire Theatre or Paramount theatre seems to have in their lobbies.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 05:52:40 PM by Tan » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »

I have told you before MOVE!

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2007, 03:37:31 AM »

True but air conditioning, food, drink, furniture, 5.1, friends, no lineups, no need for change and a nearby bathroom still win out for me. If i want to show off to the world I have a gamertag and a blog and youtube is always available. Wink
That's pretty much what Tondog is getting at i think, your still in the comfort of your own home. You don't have the atmosphere to make you feel like your really there surrounded by zombies with all those luxuries.

Me and my fiancee still go arcading, but very rarely. These days, there are only two arcades in this entire state I'm aware of, and neither much bigger if at all then my own bed room Sad
Arcades are heading the way off the pinball tables I think.

If there is a Streets of Rage 2 machine, that means my friend wasn't lying back in primary school, and if I ever see him again, I owe him an apology haha.

Tan
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2007, 06:14:05 AM »

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9469

Wink
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2007, 03:36:45 AM »

Only in mono... damn that sucks.
MegaDrive wins out there but it dose look neat.

It even had
Sonic the Hedge Hog
  laugh

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length