RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 30 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 30  (Read 19571 times)
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »

@Bill: Banker's boxes are good idea. Did you put your boxes in protectors before you put them in banker's boxes?

All of my NES and 32X games are already in protectors, everything else just went into the banker boxes, it was mostly clamshell and cd case stuff so it wasn't too bad.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 10:21:12 AM »

@Bill & Shadow: Thanks for the suggestions! You never truly know how much stuff you have until you have to pack it for a move.

@Duke: Thanks for the suggestions! I'll keep an eye out for the Mario World pirate. Have you seen the Mickey Mania famicom downgrade/pirate?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 10:32:08 AM »

No problem. Just to point out the need to label things, I'm still finding incorrectly labeled boxes from when I moved almost 3 years ago in my garage.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 12:57:03 PM »

Will listen to soon!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 09:02:31 AM »

I thought I would post this here since it is on topic:

Dear Addicted,

You are getting this email because you've purchased Pier Solar REPRINT and/or REPRINT_EP in the past.
We wanted to inform you that the games shipped from February 2015 has a small design issue.
This issue concerns a very few people, please read below:

If your Mega Drive or Genesis shows the "Licensed by Sega" text at power-on, you wont be affected.
The issue will only trigger on Mega Drive 1 or Genesis Model 1, non-TMSS (without the "Licensed by Sega" text).

If affected: The game will not start on first power-on.
A workaround: You need to press RESET button after power-on to start the game. The game will then play normally.
A definitive fix: We cannot fix the issue at the moment, we will get back to you when any updates.

Persons willing a refund or having questions can contact the costumer support. To make it simple, if you didn't receive your shipped games yet, we would appreciate you contact us after having received them.
We apology again for the late announcement. We will keep everyone informed.

http://www.magicalgamefac...en/faq/contact-support_5/

Best Regards

WATERMELON TEAM

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2015, 08:42:45 PM »

Thanks to our own NES_Rules, I'm very pleased to bring you our first Unnecessary Censorship version of the show:

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 11:35:46 PM »

Thanks to our own NES_Rules, I'm very pleased to bring you our first Unnecessary Censorship version of the show:

Dude, you shoulda waited 'til April 1st to release this. And people say I'm impatient...

Still, it did remind me of a couple Cracked.com "unnecessary censorship" photoplasties:

http://www.cracked.com/ph...with-needless-censorship/

http://www.cracked.com/ph...with-needless-censorship/

...'Late
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:38:03 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 10:55:14 AM »

Dude, you shoulda waited 'til April 1st to release this. And people say I'm impatient...

That would have been a great idea...

I wonder if I can just delete these posts and no one will know.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 11:35:42 AM »

That would have been a great idea...

I wonder if I can just delete these posts and no one will know.

I WILL KNOW.

And if you want me to keep it a secret-- well, it'll cost ya.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 05:07:44 AM »

That was *bleeping* hilarious!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 10:09:02 AM »

Man, I'm turning you in, Duke, for all those illegal carts you have.  After listening, now I'm interested in some of these games.  Maybe Virus Cleaner?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 12:26:13 PM »

Man, I'm turning you in, Duke, for all those illegal carts you have.  After listening, now I'm interested in some of these games.  Maybe Virus Cleaner?

Maybe I just hypothetically own all those Chinese pirates...

Virus Cleaner is unavailable at the moment, but you can grab it here: http://www.airwalkstudios.com/store.php

The same author has a new game available now: http://www.retrousb.com/p...th=30&products_id=137

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 02:43:10 PM »

not exactly in the line of what you guys were talking about but somewhat related:

what about reproduction cartridge labels, manuals, or the "collector cases" you see everywhere now? how do you feel about those?

examples on this site: https://www.retrogamecase...els/n64-cartridge-labels/

for me they're bad if they're not clearly repro, like i believe someone mentioned in this episode in regards to games. this site says the labels say "reproduction" somewhere on them, so in my mind that's alright as long as you know as a collector to watch out for that. what i worry about are anything like these getting out there without clear warnings on them, so you might think you're buying a mint condition box for something and it's actually a repro.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 05:14:49 PM »

I don't like the idea of selling labels like that. It just make trying to cheat someone that much easier. Better to have a rough label than a fake label IMHO.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 05:25:53 PM »

I don't like the idea of selling labels like that. It just make trying to cheat someone that much easier. Better to have a rough label than a fake label IMHO.

my thoughts exactly
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length