RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:27:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Shining Force - Retro Playthrough - May 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Shining Force - Retro Playthrough - May 2015  (Read 31468 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: April 14, 2015, 07:55:41 AM »

[img width=384 height=336]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rYFTvoYpCKs/VE2b3gQ0qCI/AAAAAAAABNY/r7yBblFxN3o/s1600/3-SF1_013.gif[/img]

Playthrough starts May 1st, so get your copy today! Shining Force is available on the following platforms:

Sega Genesis/MegaDrive
Wii Virtual Console
Dreamcast Sega Smash Pack 1
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (360/PS3)
Steam
GBA (as Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon with additional plots and characters)

Participants:
Disposed Hero (1-13)
EngineerMike
ericskapade
Fleach
GreyGhost81
Neo
NeoMagicWarrior
Raidou
shaggy (1-3, 5-9 )
singlebanana (1-14)

Achievements:

In case some of you are interested in finding all of the hidden characters and items, there is a very nice and spoiler-free guide located here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/g...-shining-force/faqs/63031

**It is important to note that some clothing and items can only be found when searching for them during a battle.** 

The following is a list of "hidden" (not auto-added) members, add them to your party:
1. Gong
2. Gort
3. Arthur
4. Jogurt
5. Vankar
6. Kokichi
7. Domingo
8. Guntz
9. Lyle
10. Musashi (the samurai)
11. Adam
12. Hanzou (the ninja)

Find the following hidden clothing:
13. Tao's outfit, the Sugoi Mizugi (Awesome Swimsuit)
14. Anri's outfit, the Kitui Huku (Daring Dress)

Find the following useless items:
15. Kenji (Public Prosecutor)
16. Teppou (Rifle)
17. Youji (Infant/Baby/Child)
18. Kaku-chan (Papa Doll)

Checkpoints:
Week 1 - Complete Chapter 2
Week 2 - Have the King of Waral repair your damaged ship
Week 3 - Obtain the Chaos Breaker
Week 4 - Finish the Game 
beer
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:41:58 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 12:33:49 PM »

Awesome!  Shining Force is one of the best games on the Genesis, and one of the best tactical/strategy RPG's I have played.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 01:16:03 PM »

Awesome!  Shining Force is one of the best games on the Genesis, and one of the best tactical/strategy RPG's I have played.

This will be my first toe dip into the tactical RPG genre. Just ordered an extension for my Genesis controller for the R5 today. Should be a great month.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 04:45:16 PM »

I'm up for it - I got into RPGs during the SNES days, so I am curious about how they were done on the MD.  I also started playing Phantasy Star 2 between Tomb Raider checkpoints.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 08:24:50 PM »

I am in. I am a big fan of the Shining Force series, especially I and II. I have been looking forward to replaying this, and hopefully beating it (Not sure if I ever have.)

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 08:25:53 PM »

Awesome!  Shining Force is one of the best games on the Genesis, and one of the best tactical/strategy RPG's I have played.

This will be my first toe dip into the tactical RPG genre. Just ordered an extension for my Genesis controller for the R5 today. Should be a great month.

Hope it works ok. My R5 is fussy with many different controller extensions

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 09:14:54 PM »

Hope it works ok. My R5 is fussy with many different controller extensions

I'll let you know how they work out. I bought all of them from the same vendor/same brands.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 11:36:42 PM »

I would love to join in, but unfortunately I think I'll have very little time to do much in May.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 12:27:44 PM »

I have this via the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, but I'm not a SRPG guy, and would want to tackle this one when I get the itch for it.  Plus, with all the playthroughs I have been involved with, I still haven't got back to Xenoblade Chronicles, and want to finish that before I tackle another RPG.  I'm gonna sit this one out.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 06:29:50 PM »

If I can fit it in I would love to do this one. It's been MANY years since I completed it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 01:36:29 PM »

If I can fit it in I would love to do this one. It's been MANY years since I completed it.

Love to have you Duke.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 02:39:41 PM »

I'll join in on this one. Kirby's Epic Yarn is 6-ish hours so I think I can juggle two games.

The Steam version is only $3 but I'd prefer a Genesis cart. If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Rich, maybe you can add this to the main post. If anyone's playing on Steam saving/loading seems to be troublesome but there's a solution:

If you use the in-game quitting (through the priest) it ends your game and any saves you made through the priest do not persist.

Do not use the priest to exit the game, just hit escape and use save slot on the container program (where you start all the games including Shining Force.) An added bonus to this method is you can save any time during the game.
http://forums.steampowere.../showthread.php?t=1771469

OR

you have to use the save slot feature as part of the emulator or F5 for quick save (F9 to load quick save)
http://forums.steampowere.../showthread.php?t=2552894

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 03:47:26 PM »

That's enough for me to get psyched. I really trust Disposed Hero's opinions when it comes to games.

Sign me up banana. I'm interested to find out what this game is all about. It's one I've never played, and don't really know too much about. I'ts gonna be exciting for me. I'M IN!!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:51:50 PM by Neo » Logged

There is no Spoon - Neo
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 06:49:09 PM »

Sign me up. I'm going to play on my laptop.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 08:08:59 PM »

Sweet! Have you guys signed up. Thanks for joining.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length