RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:16:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Add a place to find what items are needed for complete inbox 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Add a place to find what items are needed for complete inbox  (Read 2055 times)
man99helm99
N-Gage

Stats
« on: April 15, 2015, 07:24:03 PM »

I don't know if this already exist but it would be nice if there was a place to see what all came with a game to know if you are truly complete in box. So i.e. you would say it came with a manual and an advertisement and a poster and then have pictures of everything.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:28:35 PM »

many of the database entries have an "extra media" section with links to scans/photos of any extras people have submitted. just remember that the site is all user submitted content, so there are often holes in it especially when looking at extra media. that section can also include anything vaguely related to the game, like a scan of the strategy guide cover or something like that, it's not always only what came in the box, so take it with a grain of salt.

in most cases there's no way to truly know what originally came with something unless you have a factory sealed copy to open.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 04:14:04 AM »

It would be good if when adding a game we could mark the game as having no manual, especially in this modern age of manufacturers not bothering with such a thing. Ideally then when clicking add to collection it would not have a box for manual. Also no place for a scan of the manual.
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 01:12:29 PM »

Those fields are all automatically generated from a template. We also don't have each system in a separate DB, so we can't just remove fields like that.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 07:44:09 PM »

Who says we can't do that? Grin
You don't need to remove the field - just disable it based on a flag. I drafted plans on it with the new consoles, starting with Vita, not coming with manuals, but it's part of the huge database refactor we need to do. It would be simple to patch, but I'd rather not do database schema changes on the production database.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 11:57:51 AM »

Who says we can't do that? Grin
You don't need to remove the field - just disable it based on a flag. I drafted plans on it with the new consoles, starting with Vita, not coming with manuals, but it's part of the huge database refactor we need to do. It would be simple to patch, but I'd rather not do database schema changes on the production database.

that would be great, i've been wanting the same thing too.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length