RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:53:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #13 - RF Generation Playcast 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #13 - RF Generation Playcast  (Read 4505 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: May 08, 2015, 11:26:24 AM »

Yes, it's coming soon. We're serious this time.  Grin

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »

Enjoyed the show. I played Tomb Raider last year, and the thing that hit me was the violence. All of the abuse that Lara took looked painful, and was very visceral. Unfortunately, it happened so often that after a while it almost turned into comedy. The amount of abuse she took through normal travel would have broken most of the bones in her body, and getting hurt every few minutes seemed too much. If you would put the right music track behind it and sped it up, you could turn it into slapstick.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 11:01:45 AM »

Enjoyed the show. I played Tomb Raider last year, and the thing that hit me was the violence. All of the abuse that Lara took looked painful, and was very visceral. Unfortunately, it happened so often that after a while it almost turned into comedy. The amount of abuse she took through normal travel would have broken most of the bones in her body, and getting hurt every few minutes seemed too much.

I had that same issue. My guess is that it was done to get players on Lara's side, because no one wants to see any one get abused that much.

If you would put the right music track behind it and sped it up, you could turn it into slapstick.

Tomb Raider by way of Charlie Chaplin?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 12:29:56 PM »

Yeah, even the limited amount of the game that I played, it seemed that Lara took more abuse than Jason Vorhees. Thanks for listening Duke.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 04:45:44 PM »

I'm always listening, but lately you just haven't been playing games I am familiar with. I enjoyed Tomb Raider despite it's flaws, although that ending was pretty terrible. Thankfully the gameplay was worth all of it. I hope the next one turns out well.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »

Glad to have been a part of the podcast this month - thanks for the invitation, I really enjoyed myself!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 10:34:42 AM »

Glad to have been a part of the podcast this month - thanks for the invitation, I really enjoyed myself!

Happy to have you along! Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length