RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:21:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | June Modern Playthrough - Mass Effect 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: June Modern Playthrough - Mass Effect  (Read 10906 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« on: May 27, 2015, 02:09:48 PM »

Don't know what to say about Mass Effect. It's an essential game everyone should play. The story is regarded of one of the best in gaming and there's just so much you can do in the game. Form alliances, break trust with other characters, become the perfect altruist hero, or become the scummy rebel. The choice is yours.

Platforms
Xbox 360
PS3
PC

Participants
Fleach
MetalFRO
Ericescapade
GrayGhost81
Neo

Checkpoints
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:24:24 PM by Fleach » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »

I'm in!

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 08:41:48 AM »

I'm in. too! Played 10 hours and now got my own ship Smiley
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 01:13:27 PM »

Glad to have you guys on board. This should be an interesting month. I won't be surprised if we all have unique experiences.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 02:08:33 PM »

Im in on this one 2. I really cant wait to break this game out again. been one I've been wanting to dust off for a while now. I've never beat it before so....heres to a great month. This game is going to be cool.

There is no Spoon - Neo
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 03:01:06 PM »

I'm Starting the game right now. It is 3:59 where I'm at 6/01/15. LET THE GAMES BEGINNNNN!!!!!!! YEAH \m/_

Oh yeah, Just wanted to add I'm playing on xbox 360. I bought the game a while back from the online xbox store. So I'm just playing a digital download copy.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:32:50 PM by Neo » Logged

There is no Spoon - Neo
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 03:02:27 PM »

I want to join, but I know I wont play this. Enjoy!

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 05:21:41 PM »

Why not? Don't like the game? Not enough time on your hands? Just the way you said it I was curious.

There is no Spoon - Neo
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 06:59:30 PM »

My first impression thoughts....

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:06:08 PM by Neo » Logged

There is no Spoon - Neo
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 09:31:14 PM »

Last night I loaded up my level 43 Fem-Shep with a measly 4.1 million credit bankroll to her name to wreak havoc on the cosmos and

Spoiler (hover to show)

LOVE. THIS. GAME.

Eden Prime, oh the memories.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »

I've got 2 solid evenings into the game, and so far I'm enjoying myself.  I still am not crazy about the combat system, but I can deal with it a bit better than I could when I tried to play the game the first time about 2 years ago.

Spoiler (hover to show)

The thing I've noted with the version I'm playing (PS3 via disc), the load times in the game are pretty intensive.  We're talking early Sega CD release bad.  When you watch the mass relay spin around for almost 2 minutes sometimes, that's a bit excessive.  Granted, there's a lot of data to load, but it seems exorbitant to me.  Also, it's weird seeing trees and background elements load while the game asks you to "please wait" while it loads data from one area to the next.  Reminds me of playing [King's Quest on my IBM PCjr and watching each screen draw.

I do like the sci-fi storyline.  All the political stuff reminds me of Babylon 5, or some of the more politics-heavy episodes of newer Star Trek series.  The alien designs are nice, and I particularly like the elcor, with their inability to convey emotion through voice, so their use of adjectives as part of conversation is both interesting and amusing.  I especially found the elcor chastising the volus for his xenophobia to be rather funny.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 07:10:01 PM »

Why not? Don't like the game? Not enough time on your hands? Just the way you said it I was curious.

I guess the "not enough time" part? I haven't played Mass Effect, so I don't know if I will like it or not. I will get to these games at some point, however that point will not be June 2015.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »

@MetalFro: To answer your question:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 07:41:09 PM »

I guess the "not enough time" part? I haven't played Mass Effect, so I don't know if I will like it or not. I will get to these games at some point, however that point will not be June 2015.
I hear you man. Just wish you would join in on the fun that's all.

There is no Spoon - Neo
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 07:55:34 PM »

Spoiler (hover to show)

Oh yeah...And I also just wanted to take this time to thank RFGENERATION for sending me that copy of Space Marine. That was really nice of you guys. Yall didn't have to do that, but I really appreciate it. You guys have a great site and I'm so glad to be a part of it. Thanks for including me and for the continued hospitality. This site is great man. And I hope you guys are enjoying my company on here as much as I'm enjoying yall. There are some really talented bloggers on here. Some of you should really work for a magazine or something. Very interesting material posted by a lot of you. And I can't say how much I enjoy the community playthroughs. Love sharing these games with you guys. Thanks RFGeneration. Long live the GEN! lol...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:06:44 PM by Neo » Logged

There is no Spoon - Neo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length