RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:01:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Mega Man 2 & 3 - Retro Playthrough - June 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 2 & 3 - Retro Playthrough - June 2015  (Read 34670 times)
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »

Still hoping to beat mega man 3 before the month is over. Still working on the re visit bosses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »

Still hoping to beat mega man 3 before the month is over. Still working on the re visit bosses

That seems to be the most difficult part of the game. Wiley stages aren't very long or cumbersome compared to the revisits. Best of luck!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2015, 09:22:10 AM »

Well, this is the last day of June, and I just wanted to chime in with my closing thoughts.  As I mentioned before, the Mega Man games are pretty new to me.  I didn't play them growing up, and I've only dabbled a little bit here and there with them over the years.  The whole reason I chose to do a couple of these games for a community playthrough was to get my feet wet with the series and hopefully finally see what all the fuss is about.  I'm glad to say that I 'get it' now, and after finishing MM 2 and 3, I've already started playing some of the other games in the series.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who participated this month for making this a good playthrough and for making it that much more fun for me to get acquainted with this series.  Here's to more awesome playthroughs together! Grin

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2015, 09:23:45 AM »

I'm not sure I'm going to make it.  I downed 2 of the 4 MM2 boss rush stages last night, but MAN is that Needle Man stage brutal on the 2nd go!  If you don't make it through the part that requires Rush Jet the first time, OR you use too many of the weapon energy recharge icons, you're absolutely done dealing.  I have a project at work today that might go into this evening, and an appointment this evening as well, so I probably won't get a chance to play.  If I hadn't been sick half of last week and this weekend, I might have squeezed it out, but it looks like I won't.  Still, it's been interesting to go back and play through these games.  Glad I finally took down MM2, and I may go ahead and finish MM3 anyway, just because I haven't done it legitimately since I was a kid.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2015, 09:34:50 AM »

Yeah, we talked about this some on the podcast, but it's been documented that Mega Man 3's development was rushed, and I feel like the Needle Man Rush Jet sequence is one of those things that would have been ironed out if they had more time to polish the game.  Like you said, if you fail that sequence once, you're screwed, and you have no other recourse but to lose the rest of your lives and restart the stage.  That is terrible game design, and something I like to believe was an oversight that would have been fixed had the game spent more time in development.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the game.  Like Rich said earlier, the revisit stages are probably the hardest parts of the game, so it should be mostly downhill from there if you can get past them.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #185 on: June 30, 2015, 02:44:07 PM »

Mega Man 3 laaaaaaaaaaaag.......

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #186 on: June 30, 2015, 02:48:15 PM »

Trying to finish up tonight. Damn those re visited stages

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2015, 05:17:47 PM »

I'm not sure I'm going to make it.  I downed 2 of the 4 MM2 boss rush stages last night, but MAN is that Needle Man stage brutal on the 2nd go!  If you don't make it through the part that requires Rush Jet the first time, OR you use too many of the weapon energy recharge icons, you're absolutely done dealing.  I have a project at work today that might go into this evening, and an appointment this evening as well, so I probably won't get a chance to play.  If I hadn't been sick half of last week and this weekend, I might have squeezed it out, but it looks like I won't.  Still, it's been interesting to go back and play through these games.  Glad I finally took down MM2, and I may go ahead and finish MM3 anyway, just because I haven't done it legitimately since I was a kid.

You can respawn the first couple enemies in that area to get drops. Might take a while, but possible.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2015, 08:52:52 PM »

I'm not sure I'm going to make it.  I downed 2 of the 4 MM2 boss rush stages last night, but MAN is that Needle Man stage brutal on the 2nd go!  If you don't make it through the part that requires Rush Jet the first time, OR you use too many of the weapon energy recharge icons, you're absolutely done dealing.  I have a project at work today that might go into this evening, and an appointment this evening as well, so I probably won't get a chance to play.  If I hadn't been sick half of last week and this weekend, I might have squeezed it out, but it looks like I won't.  Still, it's been interesting to go back and play through these games.  Glad I finally took down MM2, and I may go ahead and finish MM3 anyway, just because I haven't done it legitimately since I was a kid.

You can respawn the first couple enemies in that area to get drops. Might take a while, but possible.

Yep, this is the only recourse - kill the enemies, scroll the screen, come back.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2015, 09:09:28 PM »

Isn't it impossible to make it across without any refills?  If you picked them all up on a previous life, then there's no way to make it across until you restart the level and reset them, is there?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2015, 09:31:11 PM »

I want to say that the flies can be respawned on the platforms where the refill would be, but I'd have to play again to test.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2015, 08:52:20 AM »

Isn't it impossible to make it across without any refills?  If you picked them all up on a previous life, then there's no way to make it across until you restart the level and reset them, is there?

Correct, it's not possible to cross w/o at least 1 of those refills available.  And yes, I was aware of the "farming" for refills.  I used that technique a couple times to refill the Rush Jet power meter, but again, without additional power-ups, you're stuck.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2015, 10:02:56 AM »

I want to say that the flies can be respawned on the platforms where the refill would be, but I'd have to play again to test.

Nope, they don't respawn. Spent 30 minutes harvesting refills for my Rush Jet only to realize that the other refills along the way do not respawn, this making it impossible. You have to commit seppuku and make you way back........

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »

Couldn't beat MM2 on difficult without weapons and e-tanks. It was just too draining. The boss gauntlet room beat me up too much. Airman's projectiles are too random.
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2015, 03:56:40 PM »

I don't think I would ever attempt that. Ha. Still hoping to beat 3 soon ha

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length