RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:09:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode 14 - RF Generation Playcast 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Episode 14 - RF Generation Playcast  (Read 8687 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: June 08, 2015, 05:05:36 AM »

IT'S HERE.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:08:03 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 08:11:42 AM »

If you've listened to the podcast, let's discuss these games. Anything we missed or anything you didn't agree with in our analysis?

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »

laugh  Thanks for the treasure chest bit.  I feel so psyched to play more playthroughs with that jab. Tongue

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 09:29:30 AM »

I almost ran out of gold at one point from dying too much.  Damn, Chimeras!

SMS set complete!
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 09:38:52 AM »

I think it was hard to compete with a game as great as Shining Force, so that motivated Shawn and I to pick Kirby. Shawn was also in the middle of a big move so I think we made a good decision.

While I was editing and listening to this show I got so hyped to track down a copy of SF. My experience with tactical RPGs begins and ends with Fire Emblem Awakening which I couldn't really get into. I guess I just had too many other games on my mind at the time. Going to have to give that genre another honest effort.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 09:42:11 AM »

laugh  Thanks for the treasure chest bit.  I feel so psyched to play more playthroughs with that jab. Tongue

Ah, I made fun of myself as well. It took me a little time to figure it out. Besides, you got a lot of other credit this episode for some of your thread comments.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »

That's what those were?  I thought it was wind, not wolf heads.  It sounds like I missed out on some great characters.  I was so invested in my characters that I didn't want to change characters so late in the game for fear that they would suck, kind of like starting over.  I agree about Ken, he awesome in the beginning.  And than I promoted him.  He sucked, did 1 damage after that on pretty much anything.  Yippee!  1 experience point!

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 09:58:50 AM »

Ah, I made fun of myself as well. It took me a little time to figure it out. Besides, you got a lot of other credit this episode for some of your thread comments.

I know, just giving you the business. Smiley

SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 11:27:52 AM »

That's what those were?  I thought it was wind, not wolf heads.  It sounds like I missed out on some great characters.  I was so invested in my characters that I didn't want to change characters so late in the game for fear that they would suck, kind of like starting over.  I agree about Ken, he awesome in the beginning.  And than I promoted him.  He sucked, did 1 damage after that on pretty much anything.  Yippee!  1 experience point!

Yeah, I also thought Zylo's promoted attack was just wind, not wolf heads.

I had the same experience with Ken.  He was pretty much useless later in the game until I gave him the Valkyrie.  He was doing ok damage after that, but I still probably should have swapped him out for a better character.

Man, I can't believe we spent two hours talking about Shining Force, but it was a lot of fun making this episode.  Thanks for listening everybody!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 11:46:04 AM »

Ken was the most useless member in my party when I beat the game.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 11:47:43 AM »

The attack was wind-like in the way that it moved, but if you look at it closely, the parts of the wind are in the shape of wolf heads. I never noticed it until I got near the end of the game. I can't find any pics online to prove this, so I will have to pop it in tonight and take a pic. I hope I didn't just imagine this..... obviously, I picked the wrong day to stop licking toads.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:04:23 PM by singlebanana » Logged

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 11:58:19 AM »

The attack was wind-like in the way that it moved, but if you look at it closely, the parts of the wind are in the shape of wolf heads. I never noticed it until I got near the end of the game. I can't find any pics online to prove this, so I will have to pop it in tonight and take a pic. I hope I didn't just imagine this..... obviously, I picked the wrong day to stop licking toads.

Video doesn't worked, disabled by owner.  Near the end I was considering removing Tao and Lowe from the group for a couple reasons.  One, experience and leveling up.  This was more for Lowe than Tao.  Two, I sold Tao's staff before verifying she could use the same as Lowe's in her promoted form.  After selling it I find out that her promoted form doesn't use the same as Lowe's.  She can use the Demon Rod but equipping it gives you a curse so after using it you lose hit points.  Ultimately, I left her barehanded.  Three, they move like crap.  They always, especially Lowe, couldn't keep up with the group.  I stuck with them, I guess, because of being familiar with them and not sure if the other guys I never used would be leveled up enough to help me.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:26:35 PM by shaggy » Logged

SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 12:02:30 PM »

For the doubters.........stop video/cut tool FTW! Gimme all da Karmas.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:06:28 PM by singlebanana » Logged

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 12:15:36 PM »

Snap! They ARE wolf heads. Not that I disputed or argued that fact.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 12:20:54 PM »

We should start that hashtag on Twitter: #snapthosearewolfheads

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length