RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:40:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Retro Playthrough - August 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Retro Playthrough - August 2015  (Read 31536 times)
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2015, 05:06:45 PM »

@singlebanana

I shouldn't have been so dismissive of others' experiences as kids.  My bad.  I merely meant to stress that Little Nemo would not have fit in my gaming habits as a kid and is still a bit of an odd duck as an adult. 

It reminds me of playing X-Men for the NES and endlessly trying to escape Juggernaut's stage after beating him.  You just die, over and over, in the same spot, in the same way, with no visible, tangible improvement.  With no way to mitigate the frustration, fun quickly dies. 

I'll give Little Nemo this month to win me over, but it seems likely Nemo will go back on the shelf and collect dust.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2015, 07:32:06 PM »

Understood. It's not the type of game that I would pull out often myself. It's memorable for me, but with the difficulty as it is and being a single-player platformer, it tends to stay on my shelf as well. Good luck to you. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2015, 09:31:23 AM »

How is everyone fairing?  I'll second Ikariniku in his sentiments about The Flower Garden. That was a very frustrating level for me and probably the one that took me the most tries.  Understanding the pattern of the evil daffodil seeds is one thing to figure out, but the bar is raised when you have to climb up a tree while avoiding them. The bee suit also takes a little finesse; you have to land every once in a while, or you get tired and can't fly any further.....

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2015, 12:30:29 PM »

I'm up to level 7. The hit detection of the mouses hammer is atrociously bad!
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2015, 02:00:20 PM »

I'm up to level 7. The hit detection of the mouses hammer is atrociously bad!
heck yeah it is ha

Now your playing with power!
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2015, 02:02:06 PM »

I made it up to after Nimo's house and stopped playing last night.
I would def have to say the game play is great but the difficulty is pretty high. It def takes a few goes on a level to see where the keys are located, and than to make it to all them with out losing all your health can be hard

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2015, 02:30:05 PM »

I made it up to after Nimo's house and stopped playing last night.
I would def have to say the game play is great but the difficulty is pretty high. It def takes a few goes on a level to see where the keys are located, and than to make it to all them with out losing all your health can be hard
I've also noticed some levels seem to have checkpoints. Whereas in others (usually the longer and harder ones) they seem to forget they were using checkpoints
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2015, 03:30:00 PM »

Ok favorite animal you can use. Let's hear them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2015, 03:30:50 PM »

Mine so far is the bee. He can fly and shoot.

Lease fav is the lizard. He can walk on walls but no attack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2015, 03:31:33 PM »

I loved the lizard, and hated the mouse. Similar controls, but the mouse had the useless hammer which pissed me off.
Gameplay wise, I loved the bee.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2015, 03:34:31 PM »

There was this fly buzzing around my room as I played.  That was probably my favorite.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 04:25:24 PM »

I gotta go with the hermit crab. Digs in the sand, has a pincer attack, and who hasn't always wanted to ride a hermit crab?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2015, 04:27:41 PM »

I agree, the lizard looks cool, but is pretty useless. The frog has a nice bounce attack, but the walking speed kills. I was pretty bummed to not see some of the animals like the gorilla, the hermit crab, and the mole, for more than one level. Sure, a few of them weren't the best, but I would have liked to see them used more.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »

Another vote for the bee here. It's actually useful. I find many of the animals are a hindrance. Especially the ones that keep sticking to the walls when you don't want them to
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2015, 07:20:50 PM »

Another vote for the bee here. It's actually useful. I find many of the animals are a hindrance. Especially the ones that keep sticking to the walls when you don't want them to

Yeah, the wall thing is annoying. Good point.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length