RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:21:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Retro Playthrough - August 2015 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Retro Playthrough - August 2015  (Read 31706 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2015, 10:21:37 PM »

Darn Train level!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2015, 11:21:45 PM »

How is everyone fairing?  I'll second Ikariniku in his sentiments about The Flower Garden. That was a very frustrating level for me and probably the one that took me the most tries.  Understanding the pattern of the evil daffodil seeds is one thing to figure out, but the bar is raised when you have to climb up a tree while avoiding them. The bee suit also takes a little finesse; you have to land every once in a while, or you get tired and can't fly any further.....

Flower garden level sucked.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2015, 11:25:24 PM »

Damn last level!  First section I have down pat but the second section with having to get the frog is a bitch!  Stuck there.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2015, 11:42:27 PM »

What the F!!  So I took about a 10 minute break after dying, hit continue and it took me back to level 1!  I'm guessing after seeing the demo it resets you back to level 1.  Boy, I'm mad!

SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2015, 12:03:19 AM »

It was posted earlier in the thread that there is a level select code built into the game, so you could use that to get back to where you were.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2015, 06:20:45 AM »

/\  ehh...I don't consider that truly beating the game, even if you've completed every level. But that's me, I'm a tough cookie.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2015, 07:19:52 AM »

Damn last level!  First section I have down pat but the second section with having to get the frog is a bitch!  Stuck there.

This was one of the most aggravating and toughest parts of the game for me. Even when you get the frog, you have to go through that series of flame throwers again............

/\  ehh...I don't consider that truly beating the game, even if you've completed every level. But that's me, I'm a tough cookie.

I completely disagree. I don't understand why going back to where he was already negates completing the game. I could maybe understand this logic if the game didn't have unlimited continues. However, since it does, there is no difference in him starting at the beginning of the stage where he left off.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:45:00 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2015, 07:42:58 AM »

/\  ehh...I don't consider that truly beating the game, even if you've completed every level. But that's me, I'm a tough cookie.

I'm confused.  If you complete every level, how is it not truly beating the game?  What's truly beating the game?

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2015, 07:43:55 AM »

It was posted earlier in the thread that there is a level select code built into the game, so you could use that to get back to where you were.

Yeah, I know but it feels like cheating even though I already completed the levels...

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2015, 07:44:35 AM »

I'm confused.  If you complete every level, how is it not truly beating the game?  What's truly beating the game?

Oh!!!  Now I get it!  You meant to say even if you've ALREADY completed every level.

SMS set complete!
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2015, 01:41:37 PM »

If you want an A+, I think you need to beat the game from beginning to end in one sitting. That's how the game was designed. They built in a stage select code because it's a hard game and not many people want that big of a challenge.

I know there aren't many people who feel this way, but I think the full grind of beginning to end is part of the challenge and satisfaction.

The first couple of times I got up to Nightmare Land, I ended up quitting because I had to go somewhere or because I was mentally fatigued/frustrated from the game. It's the latter that I think you need to overcome, which I did by becoming very good at the game, therefore I was able to breeze through the game until Nightmare Land and not be mentally drained or tired of the game when I got there.

I understand this is a torturous way of thinking about video games, but that's how I play. When I was a kid, my parents wouldn't buy me a new video game until I finished the game they had previously bought, so maybe I was trained to be like this.
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2015, 06:52:26 AM »

So I'm the only one who beat this game on the NES, stage select code or not?
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2015, 07:24:15 AM »

Russ beat it.  And I thought Banana beat it.  I haven't gone back and tried yet.  Kinda down in the dumps lately and not feeling like playing.

SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2015, 08:13:03 AM »

So I'm the only one who beat this game on the NES, stage select code or not?

Yeah, I beat it. You are not a special snowflake. Tongue    Schlibby beat it too. We had over a 50% finish rate, which is good for this game.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2015, 11:36:40 AM »

@ Banana - Ah...I am a victim of my own criticism. I wasn't reading, I was only scrolling for pictures  ninja

@ Shaggy & Banana - But, that's why I specifically said "beat this game on the NES". I knew that Russ beat it, but he mentioned that he used save states. If you know how I feel about stage select codes, you can imagine how I feel about save states  yuck

So, am I the only one who beat it on the NES (aka no save states)?  If so, I think I am a special snowflake Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length