RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1310901 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #855 on: November 17, 2015, 07:54:21 PM »

That Capcom Encyclopedia looks great.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #856 on: November 17, 2015, 09:32:08 PM »

Hey, Nupes, feel like throwin' down?

Anytime you like.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #857 on: November 17, 2015, 11:16:03 PM »

That Capcom Encyclopedia looks great.

For some reason I was rather disappointed that there was no profile for Maximo, the spiritual descendant of Ghosts 'n' Goblins' Sir Arthur. I was hoping he would have at least been mentioned in Sir Arthur's profile, but no luck.

Hey, Nupes, feel like throwin' down?

Anytime you like.

Got a little something headed your way for the Yuletide...
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #858 on: November 18, 2015, 10:22:18 PM »

Oh boy, lemme tell you did I get some stuff.

This is random stuff I picked up from random stores.  Code Name STEAM was $15 and everything else was less.  I don't remember how much, just less.

This is stuff I bought from Amazon.  Once again everything was $1-3 except for Blade Dancer and Sonic.  Those were $5 and 6 bucks respectively.

This is stuff I picked up from Gamestop.  The 360 games were part of their 4 for $20 sale they had a while back.  The Wii games were all $1 a piece.  Sadly this is just about the last of the $1 Wii games as for some reason Gamestop has increased the price of all of them to $3 or higher.  There went from 100+ games at $1 to 3.  Sad days.

This is all stuff I found at random thrifts.  The first picture is stuff I got in a bundle for like $5.  I couldn't see most of the stuff and it turns out I had most of it.  Oh well.  The Gamepros were $1 a piece at this thrift I found on a trip to one of our offices.  I've never been there before, but I really want to head back there if I can wrangle another trip out that way.  That Video Action Pong game in the last picture is an enigma.  I can't find anything out about it other than one site which gives zero information on it.  If anyone knows anything about it, drop me a PM.

Finally my two biggest scores:

I grabbed these from Craigslist.  Right around 75 PC games for $60.  It included Penumbra:  Black Plague which has been super high on my wishlist for a while.  I had to build a whole new shelf in the game room just to accomidate all of these.

And this is the big one.  A complete in box Telstar Arcade which is another thing that has been super high on my wishlist for 10+ years.  I saw this at a thrift and it was higher than what I normally like to spend on game stuff, for $50 I couldn't pass it up.

That's it for this time.  I have more pictures in the upload queue, but I'll post those later.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #859 on: November 19, 2015, 10:13:12 PM »

Some cool pickups lately!  I have to LOL a bit, Sauza - I snagged a complete, sealed copy of that Larry Boy game recently as well.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #860 on: November 19, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »

Picked this up.  $10 from my favorite new shop.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #861 on: November 20, 2015, 09:58:16 PM »

Some cool pickups lately!  I have to LOL a bit, Sauza - I snagged a complete, sealed copy of that Larry Boy game recently as well.

I think we've found the game for the next Community Play Through Smiley
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #862 on: November 20, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »

For the Video Action, I can tell you it was the remnants of the URL Video Action parted out to other manufacturers after the failure of the system...but, that's about all I know.
http://www.pong-picture-p...info.php?products_id=1485

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #863 on: November 21, 2015, 12:10:29 PM »

For the Video Action, I can tell you it was the remnants of the URL Video Action parted out to other manufacturers after the failure of the system...but, that's about all I know.
http://www.pong-picture-p...info.php?products_id=1485

It looks like it's a Video Action 1000.  From what I have been able to find, URL made three other pong units, the Video Action, Video Action 3 and Indy 500 (Video Action 4) which are all pretty rare, but no mention of this unit.  This is the only other mention of the system I found online:  http://www.thepcmuseum.ne...s%29=id&id(games)=351 and it tells me little more than what I already know. 

I'm probably going to have to jump into this head first and start emailing people that are much more knowledgeable than me to figure it out.  Sounds like it could be fun Smiley
Silv3r
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #864 on: November 21, 2015, 02:00:31 PM »

That is a really nice haul Sauza!
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #865 on: November 21, 2015, 04:45:53 PM »

Got these Wednesday at an awesome retro game store I found.

NES Controller, Hogan's Alley, Space Spartans, and Stellar Track.

* 20151121_143613.jpg (944.56 KB, 2048x1152 - viewed 309 times.)

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

krunch
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #866 on: November 21, 2015, 04:56:51 PM »

Real happy with this weekend's haul. 5$ each for KOTOR and KOTOR2.

And almost complete Lucasart Archive 3 for 5$.

Diane, it is 4:28 AM.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #867 on: November 21, 2015, 09:03:41 PM »

Real happy with this weekend's haul. 5$ each for KOTOR and KOTOR2.

Oh great, now Shadz has to keep track of two tally sheets...

Meanwhile, in my neck of the woods:

- Sealed European Mario Kart DS, $2.99

- CIB PAL Tomb Raider for PS2, $4.99

- Sealed Action Replay for DS-DSi-3DS, $5.99

- Sealed Recoton Game Cleaning Kit for SNES, $3.19

- CIB WTF: Work Time Fun for PSP, $3.99 $3.19

And now, a look at my latest NON-vidya game pickups:

- Official replica of original 1959 version of RISK, $3.99: Not only surprisingly inexpensive, but also in surprisingly good condition.

- CIB Time Control, $2.49: I picked this up for its interesting premise and gameplay, which you can read about here:

Some of you might need to whip out your magnifying glass for this.

And now, a fair warning to Norv: better get that cold shower running, 'cuz you're gonna need it after you see these bad boys:

- CIB Excalibur Deluxe Electronic Chess Game

Aaaand, finally:

- 2 CIB Symantec Data Center Chess sets, $7.49 each

Time to hit the showers, Norv...

...'Late
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #868 on: November 21, 2015, 10:38:09 PM »

Well, might as well post these now.  I normally don't like to post pictures this close together, but I know I'll forget about it if I don't do it now.  So lets get too it.

This is all I've been able to find at thrifts.  This usually seems to be a dry time for thrifts, so I'm not too surprised.  The Sims games were 50 cents a piece and the other games were $1 a piece.

These are the games I grabbed from Disc Replay.  I'm getting to the point now were I'm going to have to pay decent coin for any NES games I pick up.  There are very few $5 and under games left that I don't have.  Maybe thrifts and garage sales will be good to me (Hint:  They won't).  I've been keeping my eye out for Dragon's Lair 3D for a while now, so that was a nice find for me.

Here's the internet things I grabbed.  Amazon has been picking up lately, so this is probably the least I'll grab online for the next month or so.  The Fantasia games were Best Buy's deal of the day a week or two ago and the were both less than $5 after GCU.  Deadfall Adventures collector's edition was a little under $10 from Amazon.

These were fun.  Best Buy had another deal of the day a little while back where all Disney Infinity figures were $8 off, so 5 something with GCU.  There was a glitch were if you ordered two and only two at a time it would take an additional $5 off the pair, bringing them down to $2.79 a piece plus free shipping.  This is most of them, but I still have two on the way that were back ordered.  My daughter had a blast opening up all of the packages that came.

I've done a lot of shopping at Gamestop lately.  They had a 4 for $10 sale and I, predictably, went nuts.  These were all $2.24 after the Gamestop save-y save cards.  What's weird about this sale was normally when they do these kinds of sales the games are all regularly $5-10 a piece.  In this sale there were a ton that were regularly $15 or higher.  I hope this is a trend that continues. 

And that's it.  Until next time!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #869 on: November 21, 2015, 10:39:53 PM »

And now, a fair warning to Norv: better get that cold shower running, 'cuz you're gonna need it after you see these bad boys:

- CIB Excalibur Deluxe Electronic Chess Game

Aaaand, finally:

- 2 CIB Symantec Data Center Chess sets, $7.49 each

Time to hit the showers, Norv...

...'Late

Dang man,  I had to take two very cold showers.  You are good.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length