RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:01:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Castlevania: Bloodlines - Retro Playthrough - October 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Castlevania: Bloodlines - Retro Playthrough - October 2015  (Read 19019 times)
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 06:24:44 AM »

Seems that it wasn't just the Genesis that Konami were expanding to with the franchise as I have just discovered the Commodore 64 version with more or less the same level design.  Cool

* 5.png (5.7 KB, 384x272 - viewed 318 times.)
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2015, 07:06:20 PM »

That's pretty sweet. Castlevania on a commodore.

Well sleeping at WildBil's tonight and Retro World Expo tomorrow. I'll start this Sunday or Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 09:14:07 PM »

Okay, this is highly embarrassing. I'm out for this play through. I honestly thought I had a cart copy of Bloodlines, but I have scoured through my whole collection, and it's nowhere to be found. I could emulate, but I'd rather have the real thing. I will be looking more intently for it now, however!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 10:44:50 PM »

Sweet!  I can butcher your name in the podcast once again...........DOH!

Yeah, I never expected my name would ever be spoken when I joined RFGen.  I've considered changing it, but I have been too lazy to investigate how.

Profile -> Account Related Settings -> Name.
You can't change your Username that you use to login and track your collection, but you can change the name that's visible to everyone else on the forum.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2015, 11:31:09 PM »

Somebody might wanna PM RetroRage and ask him if he wants to join in on this.

Just sayin'.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 02:03:34 PM »

Still waiting for the cart Disposed mailed to me but it should be here soon. RWX was soooo fun! I think that's an acceptable excuse for not starting the game on time.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 02:55:17 PM »

Does it normally take this long for you to receive a package from the US?  I feel like you should have gotten it by now.  I hope it didn't get lost in transit....

Anyway, I took my first crack at this game today.  I made it to Stage 3 before losing all my continues.  That's right, this game has limited continues, unlike most (if not all) of the other Castlevania games.  I am a big fan of the classic Castlevania games, so it should come as no surprise that I am really enjoying this one so far.  Looking forward to trying it again in a little while.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 03:56:20 PM »

Just so everyone knows, there are NO checkpoints. It's casual, so play at your own pace. You can talk about anything you want at any time. Since it's not plot heavy and story-driven, there aren't really any spoilers. Good luck!

Anyway, I took my first crack at this game today.  I made it to Stage 3 before losing all my continues.  That's right, this game has limited continues, unlike most (if not all) of the other Castlevania games.  I am a big fan of the classic Castlevania games, so it should come as no surprise that I am really enjoying this one so far.  Looking forward to trying it again in a little while.

I'm at Stage 4 with 2 continues still left. I played the game several weeks ago and got a good feel for it already. Didn't make it to Stage 4 at that time, so I should start struggling soon.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 11:46:18 AM »

Too late to join?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 11:47:16 AM »

Too late to join?

Not at all. Please join us by all means.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 11:47:54 AM »

Who is everyone using right now, John or Eric?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 12:07:32 PM »

User of what?  Cocaine?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 12:21:11 PM »

Playing as John at the moment and just playing it when I can trying to get past Stage 3.
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »

I think I have to play as John, we have the same birthday.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 02:12:30 PM »

I'm going against convention in the first playthrough and went with Eric. One of the things I like about the different characters is the different routes they have to go down.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length