RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:07:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Secret of Evermore - Retro Playthrough - November 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Secret of Evermore - Retro Playthrough - November 2015  (Read 10423 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: October 14, 2015, 10:37:26 AM »

[img width=700 height=467]http://img02.deviantart.net/0da3/i/2010/304/3/b/cenagosus_by_9999dmg-d31vmje.jpg[/img]

PARTICIPANTS:
Disposed Hero
Fleach
singlebanana

CHECKPOINTS:
Week 1: Travel to the volcano and defeat the "Pet Rock"
Week 2: Obtain the Diamond Eyes and defeat Aegis
Week 3: Defeat Mungola and restore peace to the kingdom
Week 4: Finish the game  Grin

HOW TO HEAL: The healing items at the beginning of the game are the petals (your character) and the biscuit (your dog); you will get better healing items and alchemy healing later. To access these, pull up your menu with the "Y" button. Then, press up on the D-Pad to access your items and select your healing item.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:12:54 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 12:22:25 PM »

Are you kidding me?  I need to get my systems and games in order!  I love this game and would enjoy playing this again, unfortunately this is packed away. Sad

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 01:21:14 PM »

Are you kidding me?  I need to get my systems and games in order!  I love this game and would enjoy playing this again, unfortunately this is packed away. Sad

Nope, not kidding at all. We announced this playthrough in August. Wink

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 02:04:46 PM »

I may have to play this... It was part of an RPG lot from Goodwill, and it's the only one I haven't played.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »

I may have to play this... It was part of an RPG lot from Goodwill, and it's the only one I haven't played.

Love to have you aboard.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 10:44:07 AM »

Alright, we're set!  Please let me know if you want to sign up. Cheesy

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 05:22:58 PM »

I'm really looking forward to this one.  I beat Secret of Mana when I was a kid, and played the majority of it a couple of years ago in three player co-op.  I've tried to play Evermore a few times over the years (I even rented it when I was a kid), but I could never really get into it.  I've heard great things about the game though, so I'm sure it's just a matter of getting over that beginning hump and really settling into the game.  This playthrough will be the push I need to finally cross this game off my backlog list!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 08:46:45 AM »

So I started playing around with the game this weekend. I was a little frustrated in that I did not know how to heal in the game, since I do not have a copy of the manual. It looks like others were having this issue online, so I thought I would go ahead and make a post about it here and put it up in the initial thread as well.

Healing - The healing items at the beginning of the game are the petals (your character) and the biscuit (your dog); you will get better healing items and alchemy healing later. To access these, pull up your menu with the "Y" button. Then, press up on the D-Pad to access your items and select your healing item.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 10:36:58 AM »

First checkpoint is up! Let's get this party started.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 08:22:20 PM »

Spent a little time in Evermore and made it to the first real boss.  I'm not sure if I'm under leveled or if I'm just not doing it right it, but I felt like I barely put a dent in that boss.  I'll have to try it again later.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 03:53:11 PM »

Spent a little time in Evermore and made it to the first real boss.  I'm not sure if I'm under leveled or if I'm just not doing it right it, but I felt like I barely put a dent in that boss.  I'll have to try it again later.

The boss fights tend to be a little longer and more involved in this game. If you haven't started using alchemy yet, I highly suggest using it for that fight. You can do a ton of damage with it once you get the ribs to open.  Be sure to load up on gear in the village, and you may also want to change your stance to more offensive or defensive for the fight.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 12:36:31 AM »

So I went back and did a little bit of grinding to get the money I needed to buy all the available armor (I had no armor previously) and also gained a couple of levels in the process, and then I was able to make short work of the boss.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 08:20:31 AM »

This game had so much potential...and then they made it 1-player.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 08:25:41 AM »

This game had so much potential...and then they made it 1-player.

Secret of Mana was awesome with the 3 player play.  I would play with my mom and my brother.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 08:48:36 AM »

Secret of Mana was awesome with the 3 player play.  I would play with my mom and my brother.

Def. I've played it a million times with 2 player, but played it 3 player for the first time about a year ago. So much fun!

Evermore is still a very good game, but it could've been better if it was 2P. It also would've sold a lot more. They also made Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2 - US) 2P instead of 3P!

I don't get it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length