RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:42:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | January 2016 Community Playthrough - Super Mario Bros. 3/Super Mario World 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: January 2016 Community Playthrough - Super Mario Bros. 3/Super Mario World  (Read 31393 times)
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »

I'm in like Flynn. I think SMB3 first and then SMW would be good. If they're played jointly it might muddle up the discussion.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »

I think I should be able to do this.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 11:47:39 PM »

I'm going to try and play through all of world 7 of SMB3. Don't think I've done that before. My dad might have when I was a kid, I know we tried at least.

SMB3 is a game I play regularly and have many many hours into, excited to play it some more!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 06:48:28 AM »

yep I'm in

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 08:18:34 AM »

Looks like we'll have some great participation for this one, as was the goal.

I've been checking out both games as well as a few others from the franchise and will have checkpoints up by this weekend, but honestly I'm not expecting anyone to sweat the checkpoints. Far be it from me to tell anyone to stop playing one of these games. I just ask that we hold discussion of World off until 3 is finished so both games get the spotlight. So yeah, we will be playing and discussing SMB3 for about the first two weeks and then going on to SMW.

Thank you everyone who has signed up. Looking forward to kicking off the new year with one of our best plathroughs ever!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 02:51:22 PM »

Alright, who's going 100% on SMW with me?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 05:20:34 PM »

Let's jump in on this one! Fun Fact: I have not completed either of these and I doubt I will this time either xD

Always looking for more Xbox Live Friends!!!!
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2016, 05:55:09 PM »

Alright, who's going 100% on SMW with me?

I'm currently playing this with a friend right now, and we're gonna go for it.  Despite having this game as a kid and playing it a ton, I've never beaten it before.  I guess it's about time I cross this one off the list.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2016, 07:44:22 PM »

Count me in for both of these. I can run through SMW in about 3 hours with how many times I have completed it in the past, but I have never gotten past world 6 in SM3, so it will be fun to document that trip with you guys. I have my SNES already set up, so joining this one will take little effort on my part.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2016, 01:44:17 AM »

I'm in for 100% SMW. It's the only way to go really Tongue
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 10:18:26 AM »

First checkpoint is up! Enjoy SMB3! I am embarrassingly bad at it. I made the mistake of just having played Super Mario 3D land and I think the difference in the physics is really messing me up. I'm at world two but I may just start the game over.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 10:11:35 PM »

I'm jumping in this def. I can put my new arcade stick to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2016, 10:49:24 PM »

So, I started playing SMB3 and the game screwed up.  It had lines going across the screen after I got to level 1-2.  Dang NES systems.  Anyways, I stuck with it and got 2 of the warp whistles.  Well, I forgot you had to go to World 2 and than warp in order to get to 8 so I warped to 4 and figured I would warp once I got to World 5 to go to 8.  Well, you can't do that.  You can only pick level 5, 6, or 7 when you use the warp whistle on world 5.  So I ended up getting to level 7-4.  Will attempt again later.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2016, 01:35:40 PM »

What do you guys think about Mario's flower power character?  He's all orange when he gets the flower in this version.  I don't think I like it too much but other features of the game I like including the giants levels, tanooki suit, frog suit, hammer brothers suit, and the SHOE!!!

SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 07:16:44 PM »

I love the raccoon tail and tanooki suit. I never noticed that he's all orange when flowered up. That's funny!

Is the thing that turns you into a statue still considered to be the rarest power-up in the Mario universe?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length