RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:55:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #21 - Run n Gun & Favorite Playthroughs of 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Episode #21 - Run n Gun & Favorite Playthroughs of 2015  (Read 9986 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: January 04, 2016, 11:37:59 AM »

Coming Soooooooooooooon!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 08:24:09 AM »

Great show guys and good to hear other point of views about the three great games. Love the quote about MS3.  Cool

* wwo2b.jpg (77.29 KB, 640x480 - viewed 853 times.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:31:13 AM by FatherJack » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 08:37:51 AM »

Ha ha!  Thanks for listening FatherJack. Of course we couldn't mention the winner of the run n' gun competition, since we typically record mid-month. I printed off the sticker for the front of the trophy yesterday in anticipation of putting it on the plaque to send to you. Of course I put "2016 Champion" instead of 2015. Hmmm.... I usually screw that up the opposite way.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 09:25:05 AM »

ITEM 4 - Get your Mini Subs Ready!

wattswc
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 12:52:09 PM »

Came on to say I appreciate the love Blood in the Sand got from you guys. Total hidden gem that's quickly brushed aside by the license. Also, Simons Quest was my first Castlevania experience and holds a special place in my heart, so you're not alone Smiley
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 01:12:36 PM »

Uh... I have to find another copy of Blood on the Sand. I couldn't find a local CIB copy and gave mine to my brother for XMas.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:06:18 PM by singlebanana » Logged

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 09:11:57 PM »

Thanks for listening guys! This show was a lot of fun to record.

Tell your friends about us!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 07:17:07 AM »

Albatross is good in golf!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 08:02:44 AM »

Came on to say I appreciate the love Blood in the Sand got from you guys. Total hidden gem that's quickly brushed aside by the license. Also, Simons Quest was my first Castlevania experience and holds a special place in my heart, so you're not alone Smiley

I wouldn't have played Blood on the sand if it wasn't for these playthroughs. Loved it. It's not the best game out there, but it's fun to lost in the action and chase high scores. It was ever better because I got to talk about with all of you guys.

This was a great episode. Thanks for another good year!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 08:59:16 AM »

Albatross is good in golf!

That's true!  An albatross is 3 under par.  I am pretty sure that an albatross is good luck in the sense that they were a good sign when seen at sea. I mention Rime of the Ancient Mariner, but the bad luck occurs not when they see the albatross, but when they shoot it with a crossbow.  Odd that the animal has both positive and negative cogitations, since like Shawn mentioned, it has negative associations when referring to a work project.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:45:08 PM by singlebanana » Logged

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 06:27:02 PM »

Dang, I didn't know Grayghost was such a Genesis hater!  Genesis has TONS of great games.  It is truly a system not to miss.  Go back and get one Grayghost!

SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 07:30:47 PM »

Dang, I didn't know Grayghost was such a Genesis hater!  Genesis has TONS of great games.  It is truly a system not to miss.  Go back and get one Grayghost!

He's not a Genesis hater, he's just a PS fan. Sarcasim is one of his many talents.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 08:39:23 AM »

He's not a Genesis hater, he's just a PS fan. Sarcasim is one of his many talents.

I'm surprised that you just got into the Genesis about 5 years ago.  That system was from our time.  Great system and lots of awesome games.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 08:42:30 AM »

I agree about Spec Ops.  I have no desire to play this game but after listening to the original podcast I am very interested in this one.  And after listening to you guys talk about 50 cents again I'm interested in this one.  Just like Fleach, I have no interest in 50 cents but hearing you guys rave about it it seems you can't judge a book game by its cover.

SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 08:49:10 AM »

Dang, I didn't know Grayghost was such a Genesis hater!  Genesis has TONS of great games.  It is truly a system not to miss.  Go back and get one Grayghost!

I'm surprised that you just got into the Genesis about 5 years ago.  That system was from our time.  Great system and lots of awesome games.

As I've said before, I didn't know anyone who had a Genesis growing up. I grew up in a very small town and by the time I was in college, we were already up to the Playstation (which my roommate had and I eventually got years later, of course).  After graduate school, I bought a PS2, and then sunk into several dark years of World of Warcraft.  When I started collecting hardcore, like most people, I went for systems and games that I owned growing up: 2600, NES, SNES, Playstation, and PS2.  I found a Genesis at a yard sale and grabbed it for like $15 with a few games and it was still probably a few years before I hooked it up.

Don't feel too bad for me. It's cool being at this point in my life and having a retro system that is somewhat "new" to me that I can enjoy for the first time. Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length