RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:10:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Pokemon GO Discussion Thread for Non-Haters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print
Author Topic: Pokemon GO Discussion Thread for Non-Haters  (Read 51277 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2016, 09:00:22 PM »

Valor had a heavy presence in my area initially.
Mystic has everything around me now.

I went Mystic based on Articuno. Of the legendary birds it was the one i used most. Valor was a close second for their mantra. It always seemed strange that pokemon had all these powers and somehow humans controlled them. I let my son be the deciding factor and he also went Mystic.

After the fact i learned all my family went Mystic and everyone else i know went Valor.

As for the teams i've heard some stories and it can be quite cliquey. Not quite as bad as crips vs bloods vs latin kings. But the colors are right at least Wink

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2016, 01:24:17 PM »

So medals don't do anything? No pokeballs, no exp?
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2016, 02:55:49 PM »

Interesting, but pretty much the norm these days.......

http://www.polygon.com/20...go-bots-cheats-gps-spoofs

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2016, 03:17:50 PM »

I had read there were already anticheat measures in place. Could t battle in gyms, Pokemon wouldn't appear or would run away before allowing you to catch them, pokestops wouldn't allow you to collect from them.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2016, 10:18:34 PM »

I had some fun on Tuesday night while at a baseball game. Two pokestops close and lures on the much of the time. I got my first Machop.

But I haven't played since then. In the most recent update it seems my suspicions earlier have come true. Escapes/runaways have increased drastically, no doubt about it.

That combined with the radar being almost completely gone now, and the game sadly is holding little appeal for me.

I'd love to see some numbers of active users now versus the "good old days" of the first two weeks on the game.

I still see people on the internet talking about the game, but a lot of them are complaining about the things I just did, or bragging about cheating and then getting roasted by non-cheaters.

Was all this too good to be true? Can Niantic turn this around?

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2016, 06:31:42 AM »

I've had a few Pidgey's escape. They should be automatic. I've also misfired on a few Pidgey's and Rattata's because they jump around more than they had in the past. I can almost guarantee that the number of active users have been cut by 1/3 since it's debut. I think there were a segment of people who don't play video games who tried it for a week.

I'm still playing at the same rate I have been, but that's not saying much - about five or six 30 second bursts per day.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 06:40:11 AM by JerryGreenwood » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2016, 08:16:18 AM »

From what I understand, at least about the Pidgeys, is that your higher level is making it harder to catch the lower level Pokemon.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2016, 08:25:15 AM »

From what I understand, at least about the Pidgeys, is that your higher level is making it harder to catch the lower level Pokemon.

Yes, we've dicussed that before, however I have been level 13 or 14 for a very long time now and noticed a drastic change. Unless once you hit level 14 the game is jacked, something is up.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »

I have only been playing this thing very casually. I was right into it in the first couple weeks, but can already feel my interest dropping like a rock. I can imagine several others like myself, who only had a passive interest in the game to start off with, are starting to move on to the next best thing.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »

I had seen a chart about usership dropping off when the step counter broke.

I load it up daily. Caught a Tauros today.

Escapes have drastically increased probably to make it harder to level spam.
(Catch endless pidgey, rattata, weedle, caterpie, use XP egg, evolve countless times)

I was invite to an event at one of the big parks here today but passed on it.
Apparently a ton of people are meeting up BBQing, dropping lures at all the stops and gym battling to grind XP.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2016, 07:55:58 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/wa...VB54&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 07:42:34 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2016, 09:19:50 PM »

That's hilarious!

So I went to another anime convention today and everyone there seemed to be way more into PoGO than at the last one. I even went to a Pokemon GO meetup. Also there actually was a Pokestop in the lobby of the hotel this time, and it was lured most of the time.

However, I felt like I was only playing because everyone else was. The same problems still persist. Although I did get a Meowth, I mostly still only saw, say it with me, PIDGIES AND RATTATAS. And when trying to catch an nice looking Eevee, I wasted five masterballs on it before it ran away.

I don't know, I don't want to keep being super negative (this thread is for non-haters after all). Today was definitely a nice flashback to the good old days. I'm just so disappointed with how the game is now. 

I'm going back to this convention tomorrow and I'm going to try be the very best. There's another meet up and I'm actually going to bring a charger so I can stay juiced up.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2016, 07:28:34 AM »

I went on an evolution spree yesterday. I had saved up enough candies to evolve 40-50 pokemon.
Only a handful were new evolutions; Nidorina, Nidorino, Gloom, Weepinbell, Haunter.

Also caught a Jynx, Squirtle and hatched a Sandshrew. Think that is it for new ones.

For some reason my Psyduck disappeared, Pokedex shows i have seen one but he is MIA and greyed out.

At 61 caught 63 seen. Thanks to the evolution spree i skyrocketed to level 17.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2016, 09:07:32 AM »

After playing sparingly for the first few weeks, my interest has spiked. Probably because I'm finally seeing new Pokemon. I started doing loser laps in my car (driving at a SAFE 5-10 MPH down a very quiet road) on my way home from work to nab 6 Pokestops.

I'm at level 8. I just wasted a Razz Berry and 6 Pokeballs on a Pidgey. I am not made of Pokeballs.
I think they are becoming harder to catch for everyone. IMO, there is no way a Pidgey, Weedle, or Rattata should ever break free. They should be automatic for everyone and it defies logic that they are harder to catch if your level is high.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2016, 12:03:39 PM »

I'm still playing, though I have noticed a steady decrease in the amount of people I see going around playing it.  I agree that a lack of variety in Pokémon available in an area and the increase in escape rate is frustrating.

However, I took my soon to a nearby small town yesterday to Pokémon hunt and get some ice cream, and he had a blast.  He hit level 10 and grabbed a few new Pokémon, including a new one for me, Rhydon.  I'm now at 79 caught and 80 seen (still haven't managed to grab a Tentacool I missed on Day 1).  During our venture, I also defeated a Blastoise and took over my first gym.  It stayed up for a solid hour until taken down.  It was fun, but don't know that I received anything for my efforts.

Question: When your team has a gym, how do you join in protecting it and increasing the level?

Good news is that we are headed to the beach for a week soon. My son and I CANNOT WAIT to catch more water creatures and see what other goodies we can catch there!  Still having fun with it as a casual player and understand why it's waning off.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length