RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:35:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Pokemon GO Discussion Thread for Non-Haters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print
Author Topic: Pokemon GO Discussion Thread for Non-Haters  (Read 51301 times)
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2016, 09:34:45 PM »

Good lord... gotta spam 'em all, eh, sagintesh? If that is indeed your real name...

Report sent.

Speaking of the lord: y'all might wanna steer clear of churches with yer pokeymans hunting, especially the fundy megachurches. Otherwise, you might have to deal with this sorta nonsense:

Gotta love the logic-leap of the radical Islamic terrorists adapting the app to hunt down IRL Christians. The fact that anybody takes these guys seriously in this day and age is far scarier than the most ardent Poke-fanboy could ever hope to be...  Wink
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:04:08 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2016, 08:38:01 AM »

So I drive around doing laps in my truck, to hatch eggs. Have probably walked about 40 KM of that.
So that works, huh? I run a carpool to work and a passenger said he wasn't gaining KM's while I was driving. He said he was connected the whole time. We thought that the app knew we were in a car because of the speed we were going, but I thought that would too advanced tech for a free app.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2016, 08:55:40 AM »

Yep, have to be going under 20 mph

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »

A beta, open-source version of Pokemon Go was just released for Windows 10 Mobile: http://www.windowscentral...emon-go-windows-10-mobile

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2016, 09:54:14 AM »

"ST-Apps and other developers are contributing to the project on Github, albeit without the blessing of the game's developer, Niantic Labs."

Expect it to get pulled quickly.

Pokevision and related sites were all shutdown for what i would see as a much smaller offense.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2016, 11:21:52 AM »

They were shut down because of the hacked APIs, I would assume. I do not know how the ST-Apps version is implemented, but if they use the hacked APIs I would assume the same.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2016, 08:17:45 AM »

I got around to trying the game...I don't see what the big deal is. Sad

I know right, millions of people downloading and loving it. I don't get it either.........

Most of the gameplay from the GameBoy games has been removed.

Not even sure what this means. Wasn't aware that this was advertised as being a real-life/AR replication of the Gameboy games. Perhaps you have insider information you can share??

Also this game drains your battery like nothing else.

Yes, it uses a GPS system, of which all of them drain your battery. For this type of technology, this can't be avoided.  It is what it is, though I can play on my phone for more than 3 hours straight, so I've had no issues.

Again, this is a thread for people who are enjoying the game to discuss it (see title of thread). If you want to whine about "just not liking it" start your own thread.  No one cares or wants to hear it here.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »

Went out for a bit with Rowan last night. Mostly to grab flowers/a card for a birthday.
While card shopping we each caught a Psyduck.

Nothing really out of the norm otherwise. There was a Seadra near by but we didn't end up tracking it down before i decided it was far enough past his bed time and we had to return home.

EDIT
Also for some reason he was still able to play on an unpatched version of the game. When the patch was rolled out i had to install it before it would let me log in.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2016, 10:44:43 AM »

I got around to trying the game...I don't see what the big deal is. Sad

I know right, millions of people downloading and loving it. I don't get it either.........

Most of the gameplay from the GameBoy games has been removed.

Not even sure what this means. Wasn't aware that this was advertised as being a real-life/AR replication of the Gameboy games. Perhaps you have insider information you can share??

Also this game drains your battery like nothing else.

Yes, it uses a GPS system, of which all of them drain your battery. For this type of technology, this can't be avoided.  It is what it is, though I can play on my phone for more than 3 hours straight, so I've had no issues.

Again, this is a thread for people who are enjoying the game to discuss it (see title of thread). If you want to whine about "just not liking it" start your own thread.  No one cares or wants to hear it here.

Sorry to upset you man, whoa...

I've removed my post.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2016, 11:24:07 AM »

I'm not upset, I'm just having a hard time understanding why people keep coming on this thread to s#$t on a game that clearly others enjoy.  It's typically not the style of members on this site, so yeah, I'm a bit perplexed.  However, I apologize if anyone thinks I've been overly rude to them. Not my intent, but again, my responses have come more out of frustration.  I don't expect everyone to like this game, no game has ever had a 100% success rate (except maybe Clu Clu Land...). I just want to discuss it with others who are enjoying it in a friendly environment.  Not too much to ask IMO.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2016, 11:48:15 AM »

Shawn and I mentioned during the podcast that he and I went Team Valor when we hit Level 5.  I'm curious about what team others joined and why?  And, what is your team's presence in the community?   

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »

@banana - While it might not be the style of most members on this site (and this site is probably the friendliest, calmest, nicest, etc. place on the web), it is still a message board on the internet and unfortunately, there is nothing RFGen can do to save itself from that. (Unless Trump wins and builds that internet wall)

Anyway, I joined Mystic. No real reason why. I don't remember the exact descriptions of what each team was about, but in my head Mystic seemed more 'mind/mental' orientated, which I like. Valor seemed physical and Instinct seemed Speed or Special based. Maybe that's just the role those colors play in my head though...who knows.
As for presence in my community...I guess it's pretty even? I play on my wifi-only phone so I'm missing a lot of area, but I know of 3 Gym's and each team controls one.

PS- Sour news...I know a Clu-Clu Land hater. I tried to tell him he's wack, but he wouldn't listen.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2016, 01:45:01 PM »

Interesting....  Yeah, I remember reading over the descriptions of the teams and pretty much choosing based on color and a bad@## girl being the leader. Ha!  It's funny but you can go on reddit and there are groups for each team and it appears that they all have a specific mantra they follow.  In my area, Mystic and Valor seem to be the most common and aggressive, running basically all of the gyms. I've seem maybe two gyms that were Instinct and those were in the nearby smaller town. It's funny how these teams evolve and sort of take on a persona of their own.  Interested to hear from others.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2016, 05:10:30 PM »

Still playing this game, and asking myself everyday...WHY?!?

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2016, 05:13:49 PM »

Still playing this game, and asking myself everyday...WHY?!?

From someone who never had an interest in Pokemon. I understand that feeling too well.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length