RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:58:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Pokemon GO Discussion Thread for Non-Haters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Pokemon GO Discussion Thread for Non-Haters  (Read 51295 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2016, 11:02:38 PM »

Squirtle

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2016, 11:06:20 PM »

Caught a Butterfree tonight while walking outside.  This is the first one I've seen in the wild!
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2016, 09:33:12 PM »

Took my son out for a short walk(1-2miles) after work. He caught some new ones and was pretty pumped about it.

I hatched an Electabuzz from a 10k egg, a Horsea from a 5k egg (already had one), and knocked off ~1km on my next 2 eggs.

Caught a few more Eevees. I only need Jolteon evolution but i will likely keep catching Eevees after i get the final one anyways.

As we got home a Bulbasaur popped up on the step radar but since it is still showing everything as 3 steps away i didn't bother hunting for it after putting him to bed.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2016, 02:23:48 PM »

Track the pokemon in your area in real-time with Pokevision!

https://pokevision.com/

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2016, 07:12:45 PM »

Eevee, Weedle, and Zubat nearby. Woo?

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2016, 03:19:42 AM »

Sigh... if there's any solid evidence that humanity is too far gone to be saved, it's the runaway popularity of this unholy abomination. Sadly, the sickness is terminal. Time to let the nukes fly...
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2016, 06:53:48 AM »

Yeah, definitely not a game for cool people. Sorry you don't fit it the demographic of our sadness, but hey, thanks for stopping by to share your YouTube comments. 

Seeing that it wasn't clear from the beginning that this was a thread for people who are "actually playing" the app and enjoying it, I decided to change the name of the thread to clarify and help guide you.  It's really sad to me that some feel the need to tear down something other people enjoy for what ever reason. If you don't like it fine, (whether you actually tried it or not) just do your fellow members a favor and keep it to yourself and move on.

One thing that I mentioned while recording the other night is how nice it has been to see the joy on peoples' faces (people from all races, sexes, creeds, and ages) in light off the horrible social climate that has more recently risen in our nation.  I'm not saying that this app is somehow saving our country (that is ridiculous of course), I'm just saying that it's nice to see people out with something in common enjoying time together and talking.   
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 07:37:48 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2016, 07:27:46 AM »

I hatched an egg yesterday and got a Cubone. There's very little to do before level 5 and being in a very suburban area doesn't really help. Hopefully this weekend I can go downtown and see what Pokestops and critters I can find.

I've tried to cheat the game a few times by driving my car to hatch that egg faster, but that doesn't work. The game knows can track your speed and if it's over 20mph it won't increase your distance for egg hatching.

Maybe Rich has mentioned something about already but there's a special Pokemon Go surprise coming soon!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2016, 07:41:51 AM »

Yeah Floyd, as you and I discussed privately, I feel your pain in terms of living in a suburb.  My great reprieve is that I work in the big city and that is truly where all of the fun is with this game.  I do hope that you make this trip into the city and get the full experience with this app.  I think you will have a little bit better understanding of what a lot of the buzz is about.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2016, 08:33:08 AM »

I leave it on when I'm driving anyway. You do get some mileage, just not a lot.

Having said that, don't Pokemon and drive!

Spent some time by a lure last night, the guy who dropped it was playing music and trying to create a party atmosphere. It was really awesome, although it was over 100 degrees yesterday and my phone was overheating so I couldn't see shit.

Plus, there was a Ponyta on my radar for quite a while but it never popped up.

Plus it dawned on me last night that Ekans is Snake backwards. LOL 🐍

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2016, 08:56:46 AM »

Just think - its evolution Arbok is Kobra spelled backwards. Cheesy
It's actually Arbo and Arbok in Japanese, but seems like NoA had some fun with it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »

I can confirm that the evvee evolution works. Got my Vaporeon today

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2016, 09:55:41 AM »

I've evolved 2 without changing names and got Vaporeon the first time and Flareon the second.

Depending on how bad work is today i might make it out tonight for some more hunting.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »

I've evolved 2 without changing names and got Vaporeon the first time and Flareon the second.

Depending on how bad work is today i might make it out tonight for some more hunting.

Name that last one Sparky and you're golden to get your set. Wink

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2016, 11:04:10 AM »

Finally got to spend a little time downtown with the game, where of course there are way more Pokestops and Pokemon in general. I was at a party at a bar that was across the street from a Pokestop, but close enough to access it, and it was lured for a good amount of the time that I was there. Then we went to dinner at a restaurant that was a Pokestop itself, and it was lured much of the time we were there as well.

My wife and I finally caught Ponytas, and she hatched a Magmar, which I'm pretty jealous of.

I ended up hitting my item capacity and had to discard 30 Razz Berries (I had over 60).

I forgot to post this but last weekend was the first time I actually ran out of Pokeballs. It was the worst feeling, don't let it happen to you! Now, when I'm getting low, I don't even try for the low level guys like Ratatas etc.

Last thing I'll say here, has anyone else noticed that Pokemon will escape the ball more often? I have no evidence for this, but I wonder if the game has been adjusted so that more balls are used as a way to encourage the microtransactions. Tinfoil

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length