RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:22:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Physical Form Forum 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: The Physical Form Forum  (Read 114886 times)
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 05:09:30 PM »

Every PS3 game is region free with the exception of Persona 4 Arena, so import Alien Breed to your heart's content Smiley

Joysound Drive (a Japanese exclusive rhythm game) is also region locked.

Also:
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS Vita) - Physical in asia only
MLB The Game 15 (PS Vita) - Physical in Korea.  There may be a physical HK version but I haven't entirely confirmed this.
Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster (PS Vita) - Physical in asia only (X and X-2 were sold separately in asian countries)
Moe Chronicle (PS Vita) - Physical version in asian territories, not released in any format in the west due to adult content
Space Hulk (PS Vita/PS3) - Europe only? Port of the 2013? PC game based on the Games Workshop miniatures game. AFAIK it didn't get a US release.
Tadeo Jones (PS Vita) - Spain only.  Based on a Spanish short film, playable in Spanish and English.  This one is a bit well-known though...
Anima: Gate of Memories (PS4) - physical in Europe and Australia (also comes with some nice extras).
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 07:18:07 PM »

Every PS3 game is region free with the exception of Persona 4 Arena, so import Alien Breed to your heart's content Smiley

Joysound Drive (a Japanese exclusive rhythm game) is also region locked.

Space Hulk (PS Vita/PS3) - Europe only? Port of the 2013? PC game based on the Games Workshop miniatures game. AFAIK it didn't get a US release.
That makes two PS3 games then lol

Space Hulk did come to NA PSN stores, but EU got a retail release yes.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 07:30:39 PM »

The following Vita games all have English cover retail releases in Asia:

Soul Sacrifice Delta
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Deception IV: Nightmare Princess
Civilization Revolution 2 Plus
Asterisk War
Samurai Warriors 4-II
Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Force

These games have Asian covers but can be played in English:

Hotline Miami: Collected Edition(Second game is just a code limited to Asian PSN)
Skullgirls 2nd Encore
Dokuro
Chaos Rings collection(3rd game is just a code limited to Asian PSN)

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 07:36:06 PM »

Thanks Link, Shadow, and Raidou!  Now that the list is getting long, I'll have to tidy it up a bit when I have time Smiley

Keelah se'lai
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 03:32:53 AM »

Gundam Breaker 3 (PS Vita, PS4) also has an English language release in Asian territories.  The upcoming SD Gundam Generation Genesis (PS Vita, PS4) will also have an English language release in Asian territories.

The PS4 asian version of Caladrius Blaze is in English, the PS3 versions are Japanese only (i think...)

Also:

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (PS Vita) - Chinese + English subs, no western release?  Not to be confused with upcoming SAO: Hollow Realisation
Asterisk Wars: Phoenix Festa (PS Vita) - Asian region, English language, recently released, so a U.S. version may still happen.
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune (PS4) - Asian region, multilanguage (incl. English)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Venus (PS Vita) - Asian region, multilanguage (incl. English)
Mass Effect (PS3) - Physical only available as part of the Mass Effect Trilogy collection (all regions).  This is probably common knowledge by now...
Deemo: The Last Recital (PS Vita) - Asian region only rhythm game, supports multiple languages incl English.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 08:27:33 AM by Raidou » Logged
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 03:37:23 AM »

Kick-ass 2 and bloodbath both got limited release on PS3 over here in Europe. World of outlaws: sprint cars got a limited release I'm Europe and Australia also for ps3.

I believe otherwise those titles are only digital
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 08:40:10 AM »

Thanks, Raidou and Schlibby.  Raidou, do you know if A.W. Phoenix Festa is the same as Houka Kenran, or are they two different games?  

Keelah se'lai
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 08:51:31 AM »

The PS4 asian version of Caladrius Blaze is in English, the PS3 versions are Japanese only (i think...)

We own both PS3 and PS4 versions, and both have English menus.  There are a few prompts in Japanese, and the rest is in English.  But I appreciate the distinction vigilance. Smiley

Keelah se'lai
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 10:20:50 PM »

Thanks, Raidou and Schlibby.  Raidou, do you know if A.W. Phoenix Festa is the same as Houka Kenran, or are they two different games? 

It's the Japanese title of A.W. Phoenix Festa.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2016, 12:02:19 AM »

To go along with Schlibby, Kick-ass 2 was cancelled for the States and only released in Europe for X360 as well. It's available physically and digitally, and wasn't aware it had a small distribution run - just that it was cancelled right at production for US, and delayed for some time for Europe.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 04:46:28 AM »

To go along with Schlibby, Kick-ass 2 was cancelled for the States and only released in Europe for X360 as well. It's available physically and digitally, and wasn't aware it had a small distribution run - just that it was cancelled right at production for US, and delayed for some time for Europe.

I think the general consencous is that it only had a release somewhere like Spain (although the box has loads of languages on it)
thegreatska
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 10:31:20 AM »

DJMaxx Technika Tune (PSVITA) - was available exclusively via the developer's website i think
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2016, 12:28:11 PM »

Thanks, thegreatska!

And boy, talk about timing.  I saw this pop up today...

https://www.cheapassgamer...ls-and-discussion-thread/

We got here first! Cheesy

Keelah se'lai
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 01:13:39 PM »

Summon Night 5 recently had a limited pre-order only physical release on PSP (followed by a digital release). There's something like 7 variant covers for this

I believe Gaijinworks also released class of heroes 2 on psp before that in the same manner
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 05:19:58 PM »

Gaijinworks released 3 variant covers for Class of Heroes 2.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length