RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:28:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2016 Community Playthrough - RF Generation Racing Competition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: December 2016 Community Playthrough - RF Generation Racing Competition  (Read 34798 times)
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2016, 01:17:31 PM »

Just got burnout revenge today, I'm in!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2016, 08:37:30 PM »

The rules for Week 1 (F-Zero) are posted below and in the initial post. Please remember that times cannot be posted until This Thursday, December 1st.  Please let me know if you have any questions about the rules of this event or how the points system works. Points system is similar to how it has been in past competitions. Good luck!

WEEK 1 (Dec. 1st - 9th): F-ZERO

I.  The Queen League has 5 tracks. Players who earn the fastest overall track time will receive 3 points per track. Also, the player(s) with the fastest lap time for Red Canyon I and White Land II will receive 2 points per track. Everyone must play on the following settings for this event: Grand Prix - Queen League - Beginner mode. Queen League tracks and possible points:

Mute City II - fastest time (3 pts)
     Port Town I - fastest time (3 pts)
     Red Canyon I - fastest time (3 pts); fastest lap (2 pts)
     White Land I - fastest time (3 pts)
     White Land II - fastest time (3 pts); fastest lap (2 pts)

II. Participants can receive additional points by finishing each league in "standard" mode: 1 pt. for Knight League, 2 pts. for the Queen League, and 3 pts. for the King League.

General Rules:
- Participants must post photos of lap times with title of track.  You can snap a photo after the race and they also repeat after you finish a league.
- The participant with the most overall points in F-Zero will earn 10 points toward the overall competition, second place 9 points, third 8 points, and so on.  Each participant will earn a minimum of 5 overall points for this event.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:05:36 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2016, 09:03:27 AM »

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,.........START..........YOUR.........ENGINES!

Today's the first day of the racing competition. Time to fire up some F-Zero.

Here's a few songs to get your pumpsauce flowing.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2016, 11:09:02 AM »

I'm ready for this! Going to fire up F-Zero today and post some times. I haven't played it in such a long time so it'll be fun to revisit this classic.

Great choices on the tunes!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2016, 04:40:04 PM »

Yeah, I'm ready to introduce my kids to this fantastic game!  Definitely my favorite racing game of all time and that includes cart racers.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2016, 10:30:29 AM »

Hey I found a road rash 2 Box if anyone needs a box. upc's been cut off so if somebody wants to shoot me like 5 bucks PayPal I'll ship it to you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2016, 10:31:07 AM »

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2016, 07:56:20 AM »

I was able to get through the Knight and Queen, but the King cup I cant finish the Fire course... I will keep trying.  should we only post to times on the 9th?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2016, 10:18:13 AM »

No, post times now. I also need pics of our League finishes

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2016, 11:15:27 AM »

Dang, I guess I've gotten sucky in my old age or I need more practice because I suck!  Not even worth posting times for the one race I got through...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2016, 11:25:15 AM »

If you guys want, I can kick it back to Beginner. Standard is quite tougher than I thought and Beginner seems to be the normal setting anyway.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2016, 09:10:59 AM »

ATTENTION: IMPORTANT UPDATE

F-ZERO DIFFICULTY SETTING CHANGED FROM STANDARD TO BEGINNER

Though I like to make the December events challenging, the main purpose of this monthly competition is to make it fun for all participants. As a result, I am changing the difficulty setting from Standard to Beginner.  Beginner is actually the normal setting for the game and I think this will make the competition more enjoyable for all.  People more familiar with the game should still be able to rise to the top, while first time players will be able to earn some points and have a chance to compete for the crown. Good luck to all and let's get those scores and achievements posted!  

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2016, 01:35:30 PM »

OK, a little later than I expected but I finally popped in F Zero. I forgot how much fun this game is!

I didn't finish Knight League because I got ranked out in the Death Wind I race. Can I still post times for the races I've done so far, or do I need to finish a league before I post?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2016, 01:43:10 PM »

You can post times, but timed races are only for Queen League tracks

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2016, 01:48:00 PM »

Well, let's call that my practice run then Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length