RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:00:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | September 2017 Playthrough - The Last Guardian 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: September 2017 Playthrough - The Last Guardian  (Read 21765 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 07:44:21 AM »

I'm close to finishing this game. Then it's off to Agents of Maybe.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 08:56:55 AM »

I still don't have a copy of this damn game yet, and I want to get started!

My first copy from Gamefly didn't work and had to be returned. I bought another copy off ebay and it is taking forever to arrive.

Oh well, at least my PS4 is hooked up. Right, Rich?

Harsh.....  Harsh, but fair.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 07:50:46 AM »

I still don't have a copy of this damn game yet, and I want to get started!

My first copy from Gamefly didn't work and had to be returned. I bought another copy off ebay and it is taking forever to arrive.

I havent even tested mine from GameFly....

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 11:56:50 AM »

laugh

Well, against my better judgment, I'm going to go ahead and sign up for this one.  I'm already playing way too many games as it is, and Yakuza Kiwami coming out next week is going to add a lot of fuel to the fire, but if I don't play The Last Guardian now with you guys, I probably never will.

I'm still working on Shining Force II also...

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 12:51:44 PM »

@Disposed Hero: I'm still playing Shining Force 2 as well. I thought Agents of Mayhem might be my next game but it's average at best.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 06:57:17 PM »

I just finished The Last Guardian. I'll append thoughts here once the thread officially gets moving.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 05:48:37 PM »

Man, I've been so behind on play-throughs.  I was hoping maybe this would be something I could do, but I still don't have a PS4 yet, so I'll have to pass it by as well.  Sigh.  Maybe next month...

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2017, 07:02:29 PM »

I'm about halfway through the game. I'm thinking about checkpoints, but I'm also really taking my time.

As the breathtaking, jaw-dropping moments unfold throughout this game, a thought occurs to me.

I have never been more grateful for anything in gaming in my entire life, than the fact that this game exists

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2017, 07:15:19 PM »

Man, I've been so behind on play-throughs.  I was hoping maybe this would be something I could do, but I still don't have a PS4 yet, so I'll have to pass it by as well.  Sigh.  Maybe next month...

You may want to get a PS4 before next month. Wink

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2017, 07:46:01 AM »

@GrayGhost81: While I enjoyed the game and would give it a B or B+ the camera and problematic controls brought down the experience for me.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2017, 09:08:10 AM »

You may want to get a PS4 before next month. Wink

I hope its Night Trap LOL

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2017, 08:12:05 AM »

I'm about halfway through the game. I'm thinking about checkpoints, but I'm also really taking my time.

As the breathtaking, jaw-dropping moments unfold throughout this game, a thought occurs to me.

I have never been more grateful for anything in gaming in my entire life, than the fact that this game exists

Thats a bold statement! Can't wait to hear your thoughts

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 10:29:35 AM »

@douglie007: It's going to be Until Dawn. It's cheap, readily available, and picked up recently by singlebanana.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »

@douglie007: It's going to be Until Dawn. It's cheap, readily available, and picked up recently by singlebanana.

Now wait. I picked up that game almost a year ago.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 06:47:55 AM »

@singlebanana: My mistake. I still stand by that Until Dawn is the October game.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length