RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:28:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The "Game I found on My Floor" Thread. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The "Game I found on My Floor" Thread.  (Read 5283 times)
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« on: August 31, 2017, 02:34:27 PM »

It's bound to happen if you're a collector and not very organized.

What did you find on your floor?

I found:

Wasp! The 7800 Homebrew (with apologies to dsheinem)

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 12:59:57 AM »

I'm cleaning my Gameroon and I found so much stuff in the neglected mess but the one that perplexed was a boxed Intellevoice.

I can't even remember buying it but it must have been right after i got that amazing "One dollar, instant Intellevision Collection" deal and didn't get jammed in the storage closet with the rest of it.

So I stuck it on top my display cabinet as a curiosity.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 01:32:37 PM »

I found: Fortified Zone

To be fair, I knocked it on the ground while cleaning my desk.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 02:24:35 PM »

I found: Wardner (Genesis/MD)

Another... unique... Toaplan game.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 01:14:37 PM »

I found: Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (SMS)

Poking around the edges of the SMS library provides some interesting titles.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »

I found: Chiki Chiki Machine Mou Race [Wacky Races] (Famicom)

Another game imported to avoid paying $200+ for a hop and bop platformer that I lusted after in my Nintendo Power days.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 10:30:26 PM »

I'm pretty organized with my personal collection. I did lose a loose Yoshi's Island DS one time and found it again when I moved.
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 12:21:26 AM »

I'm pretty organized with my personal collection. I did lose a loose Yoshi's Island DS one time and found it again when I moved.

I am not very organized, and my collection ballooned over the last few years.  But I think what we find on the floor as we organize and maintain our collections can provide a nice peek into the nature of those collections.  That was my hope starting this thread, at least, and I think it's a success.  I enjoyed hearing about shoboni's Intellivoice and your Yoshi's Island DS.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 03:30:52 PM »

For about 5 years up until I moved this summer, about half of my collection was technically on the floor in one form or another. I still don't know half of what was there since I just shoved it all into boxes without looking through the piles first. One day I hope to get around to everything for organization, but there just isn't enough time in the day. I went from having a corporate day job with thrift stores and yard sales every weekend to add to the collection to working as a ride-share/delivery service driver 60 hours a week with an addiction to Pokemon Go and attending my children's events and such in my free time. I haven't bought anything since Breath of the Wild though, so not adding to the problem is a good start to resolving it.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 12:24:10 AM »

I found: Illusion of Gaia

Still in its ziploc bag from Gamestop.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 01:19:12 AM »

I found: Rygar (Lynx)

A recent purchase, but a game that features in my nostalgic gaming history.  My brother briefly wanted an Atari Lynx before switching his choice of on-the-go color gaming to Sega's Game Gear.  We would drool over the footage of Rygar featured prominently in the Lynx's TV commercials.  That memory has stuck with me, leading me to pick up Rygar now that I have a Lynx.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 03:03:32 PM »

I found: Umihara Kawase (SFC)

Embarrassingly, this was still in its shipping packaging at the bottom of a pile.  I got a great deal and was excited to get it, but on the floor it went.  Sigh.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 08:57:27 PM »

This has never happened to me ever. Everything is always on the shelf where it's supposed to be unless I have it out for a reason. Also whenever I buy a game as soon as it arrives I try it out at the very least.
ErbBetaPatched
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 07:11:48 AM »

Found all this cleaning out the closet where my mom stuffed all my stuff after I moved out.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 10:30:30 AM »

Found all this cleaning out the closet where my mom stuffed all my stuff after I moved out.

Very nice.  I forgot about Maximo.  Used to love that game.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length