RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:17:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | November 2017 Playthrough - Final Fantasy Adventure 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: November 2017 Playthrough - Final Fantasy Adventure  (Read 21006 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2017, 08:43:46 PM »

Cibba thawed!  Going to try and power through and finish it this evening, as I'm on a roll.  I'm digging this so far, despite a few issues I have with the game.  I also found what I thought was a bug at first, but it turned out to be an obvious limitation with the inventory system.  I may have to detail that later.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:45:53 PM by MetalFRO » Logged

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2017, 03:32:28 PM »

Finished the game a couple of hours ago - very glad to have finally played through this classic!  Thankfully, despite a little trouble toward the end, I got through the last boss encounters w/o too much trouble.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2017, 12:43:16 PM »

This has been a slow week at work due to the upcoming holiday, so I snuck my GBA in and finished Final Fantasy Adventure this morning!  I really enjoyed the game overall and am really glad I finally finished it after all these years.  I'm curious to know what level everybody was when they beat the game.  I was able to get to level 55 due to all the wandering around I was doing and feel like I was pretty overpowered.

Edit:  I also wanted to add that I recently picked up the Seiken Densetsu Collection for the Switch.  It has all three Seiken Densetsu games included on one cartridge, but they are all in Japanese.  It's a cool collection, and I thought any Switch owners may be interested in picking it up.

https://www.play-asia.com...etsu-collection/13/70b1qz
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:47:16 PM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2017, 06:27:55 AM »

This has been a slow week at work due to the upcoming holiday, so I snuck my GBA in and finished Final Fantasy Adventure this morning!  I really enjoyed the game overall and am really glad I finally finished it after all these years.  I'm curious to know what level everybody was when they beat the game.  I was able to get to level 55 due to all the wandering around I was doing and feel like I was pretty overpowered.

Edit:  I also wanted to add that I recently picked up the Seiken Densetsu Collection for the Switch.  It has all three Seiken Densetsu games included on one cartridge, but they are all in Japanese.  It's a cool collection, and I thought any Switch owners may be interested in picking it up.

I finished on level 48.  I didn't think I was going to finish off the boss at first, but made it.  Also I wonder if the collection plays in English on the us switch like I am setsuma does

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2017, 09:57:17 AM »

This has been a slow week at work due to the upcoming holiday, so I snuck my GBA in and finished Final Fantasy Adventure this morning!  I really enjoyed the game overall and am really glad I finally finished it after all these years.  I'm curious to know what level everybody was when they beat the game.  I was able to get to level 55 due to all the wandering around I was doing and feel like I was pretty overpowered.

Edit:  I also wanted to add that I recently picked up the Seiken Densetsu Collection for the Switch.  It has all three Seiken Densetsu games included on one cartridge, but they are all in Japanese.  It's a cool collection, and I thought any Switch owners may be interested in picking it up.

I finished on level 48.  I didn't think I was going to finish off the boss at first, but made it.  Also I wonder if the collection plays in English on the us switch like I am setsuma does

The collection is entirely in Japanese with no English language option.  So maybe it won't be that appealing to most people here, but I still thought it was a cool pickup nonetheless.  Smiley

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2017, 11:28:41 PM »

Still grinding away at this. Got a bit further today. I️ got the morning star and blood sword for weapons and learned lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2017, 09:49:27 AM »

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2017, 10:41:57 AM »

Not sure if you knew this, but the Blood Sword steals enemy HP. 😀

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2017, 01:06:17 PM »

No I️ did not know that. Maybe I’ll start using that. I️ read a trick for leveling up in this room. Fight the guys save. Than reset the game and the enemies come back and repeat until your hearts content

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2017, 08:38:46 PM »

No I️ did not know that. Maybe I’ll start using that. I️ read a trick for leveling up in this room. Fight the guys save. Than reset the game and the enemies come back and repeat until your hearts content

Yeah, I've noticed that when you save in a room and reset, it does that, so it's kind of a cool strategy to use if you're grinding for a specific drop, or just trying to level in general.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2017, 05:23:29 AM »

I had to save and reset a room a few times during the Snowman puzzles

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2017, 01:07:16 PM »

I’m still trucking along at this. Hopefully will be done in a couple days. Going to New York tomorrow so I can play on the train

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2017, 09:49:07 PM »

Finally did it

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2017, 06:44:38 AM »

Yah Russ!!!  Glad you finished. Please share your thoughts on the game with us.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2017, 07:26:27 AM »

@russlyman: Congrats! Also love the pixel art!

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length