RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:07:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2017 Site Competition - Punch-Out and Super Punch-Out 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: December 2017 Site Competition - Punch-Out and Super Punch-Out  (Read 24971 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: November 03, 2017, 02:09:15 PM »

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana
GrayGhost81
wattswc
FatherJack
Wempster
bickman2k
russlyman
douglie007

SCHEDULE:
Part 1 - PUNCH-OUT! (NES) - December 1st - 14th
Part 2 - SUPER PUNCH-OUT! (SNES) - December 15th - 28th
Part 3 - BATTLE ROYALE (play both games) - December 29th - 31st

RULES:

The rules for this competition will be similar to those of past competitions in which scores (in this case, quickest times) will determine how many overall points each participant receives per challenge. Times will not be recorded for each fighter, but instead, I will randomly draw the names of 7 opponents (one from each circuit in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! and one from each circuit in Super Punch-Out!).  While both games have a Minor, Major, and World Circuit, only Super Punch-Out! has a Special Circuit.  A video of this opponent drawing will be posted prior to each game's start date. After the opponents are selected and play officially begins, participants can log their fastest times for each one. For each opponent, the participant with the fastest KO/TKO time will receive 10 points, second place 9 points, third place 8 points, fourth place 7 points, fifth place 6 points, and sixth place, plus anyone who posts a time for that opponent gets 5 points (you cannot get lower than 5 points for posting a score).    

In addition to scoring points for fastest KO/TKO times, participants will also earn a standard number of points for finishing each circuit.

Punch-Out!:
Minor - 2 pts.
Major - 3 pts.
World - 4 pts.
Dream Bout - 5 pts.

Super Punch-Out!
Minor - 2 pts.
Major - 3 pts.
World - 4 pts.
Special - 5 pts.  

Each game will be played and scores will be tallied for 2 weeks each (December 1st - December 14th for Punch-Out! and December 15th - December 28th for Super Punch-Out!) and there will be a Battle Royale to improve scores in both games from December 29th to the 31st.  Participants will only be allowed to participate in the Battle Royale if they have logged scores during the previous weeks for those games.  Scores can only be logged for Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! from December 1st through the 14th, and for Super Punch-Out! from December 15th through the 28th!.  Of course, scores for both games can be logged during the Battle Royale and placements/score totals will be adjusted as soon as possible during this time.**

IN THE SPIRIT OF KEEPING THE CONTEST FAIR, WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE PLAY ALL GAMES ON THEIR NORMAL SETTING OR WHATEVER SETTING THE GAME STARTS UP WITH (UNLESS A SPECIFIC SETTING IS REQUESTED BY THE HOST), AND THAT YOU DO NOT USE ANY CODES, GAME GENIES OR LIKE DEVICES, OR RAPID FIRE CONTROLLERS/DONGLES. IN ORDER TO INCREASE PARTICIPATION FOR THIS EVENT, EMULATORS ARE FINE AS LONG AS THEY ARE SPECIFIC TO THE GAMES AND CONSOLES WE HAVE PICKED. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS ABOUT DEVICES OR OTHER AIDS YOU ARE CONSIDERING USING DURING THIS COMPETITION, PLEASE POST TO THE FORUM OR SEND US A PM AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO PROVIDE A SOLUTION FOR YOU. THANKS.

PLEASE ABIDE BY THE HONOR SYSTEM WHEN POSTING SCORES. ALSO, DO NOT USE SAVE POINTS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE IF YOU ARE PLAYING ONE OF THE MODERN CONSOLE VERSIONS OR ON ANY CONSOLE WITH A SAVE FEATURE. COMPETITION HERE IS ENJOYABLE AND WE HAVE A VERY TRUSTWORTHY COMMUNITY, SO LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES, DO NOT POST THEM ON THE THREAD, SEND A DIRECT PM TO SINGLEBANANA. THANK YOU.

Just as in past events, the Winner will received a special, handcrafted prize and the title of 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion! to be donned on their RF Generation profile!

In the event of a points tie at the end of the competition, we will hold a 1 day competition where a fighter's name will be randomly drawn. Fastest time after that day will be declared the winner.

Happy punching and good luck to all participants this December!

**Contest rules subject to change or be added to prior to December 1st. If you have any suggestions for rules or restrictions, please contact singlebanana via PM. Photos of high scores/times are required and fun pics of you playing with a friend(s) are highly encouraged. Further questions concerning these rules should be directed to singlebanana.**

PUNCH-OUT!

Fastest KO/TKO Times:
Von Kiser (Minor)
0:50 R1 (bickman2k) - 10 pts.
1:00 R1 (wattswc) - 9 pts.
1:21 R1 (singlebanana) - 8 pts.
1:25 R1 (douglie007) - 7 pts.
2:05 R1 (Wempster) - 6 pts.
1:01 R2 (FatherJack) - 5 pts.

Don Flamenco (Major)
0:15 R1 (bickman2k) - 10 pts.
0:39 R1 (wattswc) - 9 pts.
0:40 R1 (singlebanana) - 8 pts.
0:46 R1 (Wempster) - 7 pts.
1:26 R1 (douglie007) - 6 pts.

Piston Honda (World)
1:00 R1 (douglie007, wattswc, & bickman2k) - 10pts.
1:06 R1 (singlebanana) - 7pts.

Minor Circuit finishers: douglie007, bickman2k, singlebanana, wattswc, FatherJack, Wempster - 2 pts.
Major Circuit finishers: douglie007, bickman2k, singlebanana, wattswc - 3 pts.
World Circuit finishers: - singlebanana, bickman2k - 4 pts.
Dream Bout finishers: - singlebanana - 5 pts.

SUPER PUNCH-OUT!

Fastest KO/TKO Times:
Gabby Jay (Minor)
14"47 (bickman2k) - 10 pts.
14"65 (singlebanana) - 9 pts.
24"88 (douglie007) - 8 pts.
44"39 (FathterJack) - 7 pts.

Masked Muscle (Major)
17"54 (bickman2k) - 10pts.
27"37 (singlebanana) - 9 pts.

Mad Clown (World)
29"07 (bickman2k) - 10 pts.
35"79 (singlebanana) - 9 pts.

Narcis Prince (Special)
39"86 (bickman2k) - 10 pts.
42"79 (singlebanana)- 9 pts.

Minor Circuit finishers: bickman2k, douglie007, singlebanana - 2 pts.
Major Circuit finishers: bickman2k, singlebanana - 3 pts.
World Circuit finishers: bickman2k, singlebanana - 4 pts.
Special Circuit finishers: bickman2k, singlebanana - 5 pts.

OVERALL STANDINGS:

bickman2k - 93 pts.
singlebanana - 87 pts.
douglie007 - 38 pts.
wattswc - 33 pts.
FatherJack - 15 pts.
Wempster - 13 pts.
GrayGhost81
russlyman

FOR FUN CHALLENGES (NO POINTS TOWARD COMPETITION)

I.  Quickest Time KO/TKO Tyson or Mr. Dream:

- singlebanana (win by decision)

II.  Most opponents KO'd (no TKO's):

THIS YEAR'S PRIZE
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:58:06 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 01:32:34 PM »

Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 01:34:49 PM »

I think these game picks may be a home run....maybe

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 03:30:05 PM »

I will be looking to defend my title as 2016 site champion this year
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 06:26:08 PM »

Super Mario brothers
Rad racer
Tetris

It's the rf generation world championships 2017  Wink

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 07:26:31 PM »

Nope. 😉

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 09:02:45 AM »

Bases Loaded!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 09:49:31 AM »

Bases Loaded!

That would kind of be pretty great

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 02:46:50 AM »

I will be looking to defend my title as 2016 site champion this year
She will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine. Smiley 

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 11:30:42 AM »

Announcement for Decembers competition games is up!

wattswc
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 07:11:45 AM »

Ohh I didn’t realize super punchout was picked as well. I’m on board with this one for sure!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 12:59:12 PM »

Ohh I didn’t realize super punchout was picked as well. I’m on board with this one for sure!

Awesome man!  Rules to go up soon.

Who else in in?

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 01:16:53 PM »

Put my name down  Smiley
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 01:37:29 PM »

Put my name down  Smiley

Done!

Rules are up Ladies & Germs.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 01:47:52 PM »

I am in
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length