RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:07:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RF Generation Streaming - Looking for More Streamers!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Streaming - Looking for More Streamers!!!  (Read 41002 times)
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« on: February 07, 2018, 10:51:45 AM »

RFGeneration is going Turbo!  Twitch Turbo, that is.  The official RFGeneration Twitch Channel is looking for RFGen members to fill its channel with good wholesome gaming.  Whether you are an established streamer who knows how to use OBS, Voice Meeter, and all the different features offered by Stream Labs, or a gamer who has never streamed before but has always been a little “Stream Curious,” we would love to give you the chance to add some content to our Twitch channel and be able to interact with community members Live during your streams.

If you plan on streaming PC games, all you will need is a PC, a webcam (so we can see your pretty face), a headset/microphone, and a high speed internet connection. If you plan to stream console games, you will also need some kind of video capture device, preferably one designed for game capture like the Elgato HD60.  With either setup, since you will be a streamer, you will also need a flat brimmed baseball hat.....

Please contact wildbil52 or NeoMagicWarrior via PM if you are interested and a member of our Twitch Team will get in touch with you regarding the next steps.  Again, don’t worry if you are not sure how to get started, we can help you get set up and going!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:39:11 AM by wildbil52 » Logged

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 10:57:44 AM »

Wildbil52 here with a brand new Twitch Channel!  Give me a follow if you want to watch me play PUBG, Far Cry 5, Crackdown 3, Destiny 1 and 2 of course, and anything else I think is cool.

https://www.twitch.tv/wildbil52

ErbBetaPatched
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 11:58:17 AM »

It would be cool if there was something on the front page, maybe on the sidebar, that just autohosts streamers from the site.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »

It would be cool if there was something on the front page, maybe on the sidebar, that just autohosts streamers from the site.

+1

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 01:52:22 PM »

+1

Would be nice to have a weekly schedule of streams too, enough folks here stream. 

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 02:20:32 PM »

I almost have a normal twitch schedule. I'm trying to play and beat every US Saturn game.  Www.twitch.tv/douglie007

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 02:22:51 PM »

I almost have a normal twitch schedule. I'm trying to play and beat every US Saturn game.  Www.twitch.tv/douglie007

Cool man, ill follow! 

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »

I've been considering signing up for Twitch for a long time, but haven't done so thus far.  I'm now on Twitch as GuruGameBoy, and I just followed your account Smiley

Maybe this will give me the push I need to finally get the stuff so I can start streaming...

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 03:04:54 PM »

I've been considering signing up for Twitch for a long time, but haven't done so thus far.  I'm now on Twitch as GuruGameBoy, and I just followed your account Smiley

Maybe this will give me the push I need to finally get the stuff so I can start streaming...
Heads up, if you want to stream real consoles it can get pricey, I spent over 600 just to get a nice stream for the viewers. 

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 03:09:18 PM »

Heads up, if you want to stream real consoles it can get pricey, I spent over 600 just to get a nice stream for the viewers. 

That's true.  For console streaming you will need:

Decent PC, the capture card companies recommend at least an i5
Capture card (under 100 for used, $150-$400 for new)
Good Condenser mic ($50-100)
mic stand ($10)
webcam/camlink($50-130)

You can cheap out on some of these things but if you look or sound bad, people wont want to watch so it pays to put a little extra into your rig.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 03:22:03 PM »

I also have a framemiester to upscale the games to 720p

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 03:28:14 PM »

I also have a framemiester to upscale the games to 720p

Even more interested to watch the stream now that I can see a framemeister at work

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 04:17:48 PM »

Dang, sounds like a fair bit of coin.   I have a Dell Latitude E6530 laptop, which I believe has an i7, and it has 16GB RAM in it.  My desktop PC is older and doesn't have near the specs.  I have a webcam (Logitech C920) that I've been using for my YT videos for well over a year, and while it's not super fantastic without good lighting, it does the job.  I've been wanting a new mic for my YT videos anyway, because the webcam mic is too quiet, and I have to amplify the volume for all my videos during editing anyway, so that's already on my wishlist.  The capture card part is what scares me, and also the whole retro console connectivity issue.  I try to do "best quality" as much as I can for my consoles, so SNES, N64, PS1, Saturn, etc. are on S-Video, PS2 and Xbox are Component, Wii is Component, etc. I don't want to drop the money on a Framemeister, so I'm thinking of maybe going the OSSC route.  Or, if I stick to streaming Game Boy games, I could probably make due with a capture device and just get the Analog Super NT and go straight HDMI.  But I do want to branch out at some point.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 11:51:09 AM »

I've done a couple stream tests but not sure what I would play much of. I might fire up one of the games I just outlined in my newest review.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 12:46:22 PM »

I've done a couple stream tests but not sure what I would play much of. I might fire up one of the games I just outlined in my newest review.

Same, The kids arent sleeping that well lately so I havent been streaming but my plan is to stream whatever i happen to be playing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length