RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:14:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | June 2018 Playthrough - Beyond: Two Souls 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: June 2018 Playthrough - Beyond: Two Souls  (Read 12793 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: May 08, 2018, 03:20:20 PM »

Time to choose your own adventure again  Grin

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana
GrayGhost81
douglie007
Raidou
Crabmaster2000
EngineerMike

**Due to the heavy plot and nature of this game and since I have never played through it, I am not posting checkpoints.  I think the best thing to do is keep discussion to gameplay for now and begin discussing plot and final thoughts on the 25th. However, please remember that if you want to discuss plot with others (since I know some of you have already played this), you can use spoiler tags. Thanks!**
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:42:51 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 09:23:34 PM »

Zork!  Finally!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 09:49:46 PM »

I'm in, guess Twitter didn't count.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 07:26:29 AM »

I'm in, guess Twitter didn't count.

I probably saw your post, just forgot to add you. Checking in here is always best. Thanks

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 01:13:33 PM »

So I have a very busy June so I started this yesterday... so far a well written game.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »

I'm in
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 02:17:41 PM »

I'm in

Right on man!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 05:18:56 AM »

I havn't played this in a couple years and am so pumped off of Detroit I feel like it's time for another go. Count me in this month also

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »

I havn't played this in a couple years and am so pumped off of Detroit I feel like it's time for another go. Count me in this month also

Awesome!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 08:27:21 AM »

Not sure what our first checkpoint is, but I played up to the chapter where you play outside in the snow as a child while your mother is making dinner. Found out my L2 button isn't working very well so I'm gonna have to swap out controllers tonight to keep going.

Last time I played this game I went for a friendly kinda ghost vibe, this time I thought I'd give it the vengeful spirit kind of play. Was pretty surprised how far they let you go with that considering I didn't do anything cruel or violent last play through. Being able to burn the kids house down because they teased you at the birthday or invading minds soldiers and using that soldier to kill his other squad members was pretty frightening. The action sequences so far are pretty badass. Driving a motorbike through a police blockade while bullets bounced off you, fighting on top of a train, helicopters falling from the sky and exploding....Jodi can cause some serious damage. There is one scene coming up soon that I remember from my first play that I'm super curious to see how far I can push it while picking these violent options.

I forgot how cool the CIA training is as a tutorial for how the game controls. Very cool setting and way to integrate mechanics into the story to learn the basic controls. Aiden is a little unruly to control at times, but I'm getting used to moving him around again.

What point did everyone else get to so far?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 10:03:53 AM »

I have not created any checkpoints for this game. A big part of the reason for this is because it is my first time playing through it and I don't want to spoil any of the plot. Typically, with games like Conkers, I can find a YouTube walkthrough, split up the total time of the series into four equal parts, and come up with checkpoints that are somewhat equivalent. Of course a game like that has very few things, if nothing, to spoil.  Sorry all, but I think that due to the nature and heavy plot of this game we should probably limit discussion to gameplay right now and maybe start talking plot and final thoughts on June 25th if that's okay?  Spoiler tags are definitely welcome for those who have played it already and want to discuss plot. I'll post this in the initial thread. And no worries Crabby, it's my fault for not posting this sooner and I already had a vague idea of the overall plot of the game concerning the spirit anyway. Smiley

I have not started the game yet.........ugh..........but I plan on starting tonight and I am working from home tomorrow and will knock off a big chunk of it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:19:29 AM by singlebanana » Logged

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 11:37:38 AM »

Welp, finished the game.  Kinda underestimated how much progress I was making.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 11:51:06 AM »

Welp, finished the game.  Kinda underestimated how much progress I was making.

Ha ha! Congrats! Must have been enjoyable.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 05:38:35 PM »

I'll leave more detailed comments for later in the month, but yeah I did enjoy it overall.  The usually short scenes often made you want to see what the next set piece was like, even if the last one was a little bland.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 12:34:31 AM »

Decided to start this game today. I was making decent progress, but then my PS3 froze. Will try and jump back in tomorrow.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length