RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:31:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2018 RF Generation Open Golf Tournament!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: December 2018 RF Generation Open Golf Tournament!!!  (Read 48511 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2018, 03:19:48 PM »

Cheesy

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2018, 04:08:31 PM »

Cheesy

Smile while you can. I just switched my golfer and intitial attempts are quite promising......

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2018, 10:43:29 PM »

I will try and post scores tomorrow. I am doing terribly. Was trying to get a better score before I put one up. But going to play more tomorrow, and will take a picture no matter what I get.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2018, 08:24:21 PM »

I will try and post scores tomorrow. I am doing terribly. Was trying to get a better score before I put one up. But going to play more tomorrow, and will take a picture no matter what I get.

Don't worry dude, I can't get a grip on this game and have no interest wasting my life trying to get better at it. I am having a completely joyless time with this game so far. I too have an embarrassing score to post if necessary, and it will probably be necessary because I would rather play through Syberia again than all 18 holes of this shit.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2018, 09:46:08 PM »

Would rather be playing Siberia is a bit hyperbole...ha ha. I'm enjoying my time with this game. The nerdy calcutions like gauging club distances and meter percentages, positioning shots, finding the best place to land a ball for a flat put, along with wind and environment, really scratches an itch for me. I vividly remember my uncle getting a NES for Christmas in 1986. He got three games: SMB, Pro Wrestling, and Golf. Out of the three, we played Golf the most. Every golf game since then has seemingly been merely a slight evolution of that game. I hate that some people aren't having fun or scoring as low as they would like, but remember, it's a team event and other's scores can even things out. Just have fun with it. Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2018, 12:18:07 AM »

I'm kinda with you singlebanana. I like the calculating that goes into the shot, but I also liked the more lighthearted ones like super monkey ball golf.  I had a great practice round the last day of Nov and havent been able to come close since.  Also this round stole 4 or 5 birdies from me and made them pars. But I did get my first Eagle on the final hole!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:32:40 AM by Wempster » Logged
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2018, 01:36:07 AM »

Well I did a whole lot better after playing it all night, tonight. This game got me pretty fired up while playing it. Haha! I restarted I don't know how many times. I kinda feel like I got lucky on a few holes. I pretty sure when I was practicing these past few months this is the one I had the most trouble with despite how simple it is. I will probably do better on Mario Golf and Hot Shots. Although Hot Shots voice overs drive me bonkers lol. But having fun so far with the challenge of things.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2018, 10:55:15 AM »

Leaderboard updated, though I know a certain someone who is currently withholding a score..... a certain modern day crustacean

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2018, 02:21:39 PM »

Well, it's not great, but at least it beats my previous attempts! I'm still hammering away at this game, and hope to get under par in the next couple attempts:

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2018, 02:32:29 PM »

Nice score FRO!  Like most of us, good on the front side, but the back is killer. You'll come around, no worries.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2018, 03:42:16 PM »

I think 2000 is considered Retro now Sad

Leaderboard updated, though I know a certain someone who is currently withholding a score..... a certain modern day crustacean

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2018, 10:05:19 PM »

Just rubbing it in with a high score on a Hannah Montana PSP. Classy!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2018, 05:59:49 AM »

Just rubbing it in with a high score on a Hannah Montana PSP. Classy!

Superior PSP model!!

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2018, 09:55:13 AM »

I gave the game another go and lowered my score from +33 to +11.

The game is giving me a real anxiety problem. In my last round I was hovering around par and would have been thrilled to finish as such. Sadly, I lost it on holes 16 and 18 with forced give-ups. The fact that you can't practice particular holes creates a situation where the more time you invest, the higher the pressure and stakes are the further you get.

I realize my last post was pretty toxic and I shouldn't have posted right after rage quitting. Ironically, I was the one who insisted this game be in the running when we came up with the original list of nominees. Mind you, I'm not stressing myself out to compete with the likes of you guys, I just want to not suck for one whole round and get near par. The past two years we've done single player (individual) competitions, and going forward I'll definitely not participate if we do team sports again.

Also, what the hell is the commentator saying when it shows the leaderboard and it sounds like she says "This is Nelson support"?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2018, 12:29:21 PM »

I understand and feel bad knowing that you and possibly others are having any sort of anxiety over this community competition. Obviously, that's not what I intended, as my goal was to have some fun and have us communicate with other site members more in the process.  I have heard from a few of you concerning some of your scores and all I can say is that if you are scoring high, you are not alone in this. For any of you out there experiencing anxiety with this format, shoot me a PM and we can discuss it.  If it's bothering some people, I'm happy to switch it over to a more casual format, an individual competition, or remove you from the competition portion of the event and rearrange teams accordingly.  I want this to be a fun month like we have had in years past, since that is the ultimate goal. Suggestions regarding any way that I can make this happen, are appreciated and will be considered.  Thanks 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length