RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:30:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2018 RF Generation Open Golf Tournament!!! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: December 2018 RF Generation Open Golf Tournament!!!  (Read 48473 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2018, 05:53:21 PM »

Alright, just learned that some of the unlockables are way OP. We are restricting character selection to default toons, Mario to Bowser. Thanks.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2018, 06:25:53 PM »

Also no Mulligan's and please use the back Tee Box. Sorry for all the confusion, but everything is in the initial post. I'm just sorting out the options with this game for tomorrow

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2018, 08:38:58 PM »

Alright lets go Tres Aces! I think everyone should have a more pleasant time with Mario Golf since the fun factor is slightly higher imo. Competition is looking good so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2018, 08:50:11 PM »

I'm sorry if any of my options for Mario Golf seem confusing. If you just play on the settings that the game begins on, you are good. I just didn't want anyone adding Mulligan's or moving the Tee Box up and saying I didn't have a rule about it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2018, 09:34:40 AM »

Hey guys, I am working on sorting out the overall leaderboard after the first leg of this competition. If you will, please look at the score I have posted for you in the initial post and verify that it is in fact your lowest score. I have been trying to stay on top of it, but even "perfect" people like myself make errors. Tongue

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2018, 10:44:16 AM »

Overall Standing are up in the initial post. Again, let me know if any corrections need to be made. As per the rules, the third highest score for "9 Ironsword" has been dropped, since they are a 4 player team.

Also, I want to be transparent about an issue that came up this round. My team, "The Fore Coursemen of the Agolfolypse" was also supposed to drop our third highest score, since we are also a four person team. However, one of our members did not post a score this week. As a result, I contacted the other team captains to let them know and asked them to decide on what should be done in this situation. They decided that going with the three scores my team posted would be the best solution.  I sincerely hope that this solution is okay with everyone and if you have any concerns, please express them to me in a PM and not here on the forums. I know that this is a competition, but the main purpose of this competition is for us to have fun together and enjoy some camaraderie during the holiday season.

Thanks everyone and good luck with Mario Golf!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2018, 01:12:54 PM »

Overall Standing are up in the initial post. Again, let me know if any corrections need to be made. As per the rules, the third highest score for "9 Ironsword" has been dropped, since they are a 4 player team.

Also, I want to be transparent about an issue that came up this round. My team, "The Fore Coursemen of the Agolfolypse" was also supposed to drop our third highest score, since we are also a four person team. However, one of our members did not post a score this week. As a result, I contacted the other team captains to let them know and asked them to decide on what should be done in this situation. They decided that going with the three scores my team posted would be the best solution.  I sincerely hope that this solution is okay with everyone and if you have any concerns, please express them to me in a PM and not here on the forums. I know that this is a competition, but the main purpose of this competition is for us to have fun together and enjoy some camaraderie during the holiday season.

Did you get my -11 on Neo? It still has my 7

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2018, 02:21:28 PM »

Also, I want to be transparent about an issue that came up this round. My team, "The Fore Coursemen of the Agolfolypse" was also supposed to drop our third highest score, since we are also a four person team. However, one of our members did not post a score this week. As a result, I contacted the other team captains to let them know and asked them to decide on what should be done in this situation. They decided that going with the three scores my team posted would be the best solution.  I sincerely hope that this solution is okay with everyone and if you have any concerns, please express them to me in a PM and not here on the forums. I know that this is a competition, but the main purpose of this competition is for us to have fun together and enjoy some camaraderie during the holiday season.

Did you get my -11 on Neo? It still has my 7

Looks like I did not. Thank you Doug! See....

Your score and overall standings adjusted. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:24:50 PM by singlebanana » Logged

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2018, 02:58:10 PM »

Gonna break the seal on Mario Golf:

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2018, 05:38:43 PM »

How in the world did you get it on 2 for hole 10 ? From the back tee it takes me 2 just to get close to the green

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2018, 05:40:14 PM »

Well it's a start.. hole 17 killed me

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2018, 06:03:57 PM »

How in the world did you get it on 2 for hole 10 ? From the back tee it takes me 2 just to get close to the green

It was like a 100 yard chip in. Actually did it again on the same hole with a different character a couple attempts later too

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2018, 07:39:58 AM »

Almost had an all Birdie run with Bowser and then I ran out of Power near the end and wasn't able to seal the deal! Tried a bunch more and kept messing up holes 3 and 4 continually.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »

Played for the first time in over a decade last night. Still a few things to remember.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2018, 10:04:30 AM »

@GrayGhost81 - looks like your image isn't showing up.

Finally started Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour last night:

Ouch. I can safely say, I'm not a fan of the putting in this game. Also, why did Camelot make it so you have one chance to choose your swing, and if you don't press a button, rather than the meter going up and down until you do something, it just automatically shoots for you? For a game like golf, which is supposed to be slow, methodical, and measured, it seems counter-intuitive. In any event, at least my 2nd try was better:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length