RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:57:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2018 RF Generation Open Golf Tournament!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: December 2018 RF Generation Open Golf Tournament!!!  (Read 48466 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2018, 10:10:33 AM »

I'll repost tonight. Imgur is effing killing me right now.

Edit:

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:16:20 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2018, 11:32:07 AM »

Scores updated to here. Be sure to double check yours for accuracy. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2018, 07:46:46 PM »

-4 I had a -5 but the screen changed before I took the pic.  Also I am now playing a 4 player game.. it's like 4 plays in one

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2018, 08:43:02 PM »

-4 I had a -5 but the screen changed before I took the pic.  Also I am now playing a 4 player game.. it's like 4 plays in one

That's kinda genius

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
BuriedOnMars
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2018, 12:17:18 AM »

Oops.  I see everyone is taking photos of the score card and not the final screen.  THE facepalm

I going to try to improve my score this weekend if I have time, but I'm going to post my -5 now just in case I don't!

* mario golf -5.jpg (294.63 KB, 1668x938 - viewed 151 times.)

Check out my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/buriedonmars
NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2018, 06:42:32 PM »

Only got enough time to try once. Didn't do bad.

* received_512800829220068.jpeg (34.77 KB, 576x432 - viewed 311 times.)

Always looking for more Xbox Live Friends!!!!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2018, 06:04:48 PM »

It's so quiet in here. Wheres all the Mario chatter? How do you guys feel about it compares to Neo Turf Masters? Very different takes on the same mechanics so I'm pretty curious.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2018, 07:07:20 PM »

I'm enjoying Mario golf more than neo turf masters.  I'm still struggling to be more consistent with my putting though.  I've sunk 60 foot putts and missed 6 foot putts.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2018, 07:41:11 PM »

After what a hard time I had with NTM I was thrilled with my -2 on Mario Golf on only the third try, so I stopped playing almost completely. I think I've turned the game on one other time and quit right away. Not gonna let it get to me. However, once the competition is over I will remember this game in particular if I'm in the mood for something pleasant and relaxing.

I tried Hot Shots Fore today thinking I could get ahead of the game with some practice, and oh boy, it wasn't pretty. The third press is so hard for me to time right. My goal, and I'm totally serious about this, is +10 or better.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2018, 11:11:30 PM »

Alright, finally got a good score! -4 for Birdo.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2018, 11:36:36 AM »

Been busy, and unable to get back to it. Hoping to get in at least 1 18-hole run this evening.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2018, 11:46:13 AM »

Scores updated to here. Was supposed to receive my new disc this Saturday........I did not.  Getting really irritated and ready to put up a score.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2018, 09:17:33 AM »

Well my disc finally came in last night and after dragging in after a long day of work and coaching both of my older kids basketball games, I final got to sit down and play.  This is my first time playing the game, so my first outing was a little rough and it took me a round to learn the mechanics and course layout. I used Yoshi and shot a +7.  My second playthrough was much better, since I figured out how to zoom in and look at the landing area of my shots. This allowed me to move my stance to a better location so that I could more easily avoid hazards and stay in the fairways.  My second attempt is the score you see above. Got in a third round and shot a -3.

First impressions of this game. I really love the cartoony golf games so much more than the more realistic games like the Tiger Woods series. I love the graphics of MG and all of the loveable characters that we have become accustomed to all these years. The gameplay for me is just okay. While I appreciate that the greens are more challenging, I find that reading them can be extremely difficult sometimes. I figured out that by using the yellow thumb stick, that you can travel down the line, but even so, when greens go from uphill to downhill in your putt, it can be hard to judge speed. I often jump the cup, or come up short out of fear of overrunning the hole and three putting. A big part of this game is being able to get right up on the hole on your approach for an easier putt, which I am trying to work out. I don't always feel that I'm getting the correct length out of all of these clubs and that is frustrating; NTM had a great deal more precision and I really appreciated that more. As someone mentioned before, I don't really see the need for the third button press since it hits the ball anyway, but I think that might trigger the Super Shot if you hit both perfectly??  I am more of a fan of the three button press, which we will see in HSF. HSF also has similar putting mechanics and green reads, but I just feel that it is done much better. Perhaps it's just my bias for the HS series, since I have spent a great deal of time with it.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2018, 09:52:39 AM »

Your first time and you're under par - I don't think you have that much to complain about, Rich Wink

I've finally reached the point where I don't completely suck at Toadstool Tour, and after my first spin last night could have been a fluke:

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2018, 04:32:37 PM »

Here is my score. My putting leaves much to be desired at times but I did show improvement through playing today. I had an Eagle on an earlier playthrough but still didn't score as well as this

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length