RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:46:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Black Lotus - Introducing myself and questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Black Lotus - Introducing myself and questions  (Read 4940 times)
Black Lotus
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: August 07, 2018, 10:23:47 PM »

Hello all who read this. I have been collecting games now for about 15 years. I am over 10,000 games total now and I am going to start entering them on this site. I have been using this website for lists for years now but recently decided to make a profile. I see a lot of missing games and errors and hoped if I join, I could help the community by adding to these databases.

I have submitted a game to see how it works. I submitted it about a week ago and haven't heard anything. I'm just wondering how long the process takes and do you get a reply or does it just show up on the lists. I am currently rechecking my PS2 games and have found several games not on the database lists. It seem the Wii is missing a bunch too. I suppose that is because it's not that old of a system yet.

At any rate, I'm happy to be a member and hope I can help make some of these collection lists even better than they already are. If there's someone that works here that I could email directly that would be great. Thanks all and have fun collecting.

Black Lotus
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 12:06:32 AM »

Welcome to the site!
I have submitted a game to see how it works. I submitted it about a week ago and haven't heard anything.
The submission queue at the moment is completely empty. Your submission was either approved and added or we didn't receive it. When a submission is rejected, you get a PM in response so that sounds unlikely. Try submitting through the form again. I'd recommend submitting through PC rather than mobile because connection issues arise more often via mobile. Also, there's an option via the "Submit" page at the top that says "View My Pending Submissions". That will display any pending items.
I am currently rechecking my PS2 games and have found several games not on the database lists. It seem the Wii is missing a bunch too.
We are still getting missing titles for those consoles, surprisingly. Mostly because of the sheer size of the libraries. Checking master lists can be really time consuming, so we're just letting the few left out games trickle in.

Thanks for the submissions. If you have pending submissions in the future that seem stuck for a long time, there's a thread in the Feedback Forum for questions/leaving extra info.
Black Lotus
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 01:22:33 AM »

Thanks for the reply and welcome. The game I am trying to submit says its already in the database. It's not on the collection lists, but when I search directly for it, its shows as being in the system. Just for curiosity, how can a game come up in the database, but now show on the collection checklists? Thanks again, just trying to understand this site a little better and make sure I'm not missing games.

The game in question is Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout for the Nintendo Wii, North America. When searching the title, it appears for xbox 360 and Wii. I go to the xbox 360 collection checklist and it's there. I go to the Wii checklist and it isn't on there, yet it still in the database.

Again this game is probably crap and who cares, I'm just trying to understand the database and how it works with the checklists.

Thanks
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 01:43:25 AM »

That title had its Region listed as United States instead of North America. Whoever accepted it neglected to change it when approving. I went ahead and changed it so it should be added to that checklist next time it gets populated. Not all staff members are aware of how we've agreed to standardize entries so things slip through. You're always welcome to submit corrected info when you notice it's wrong.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 09:29:36 AM »

Welcome, Black Lotus! Impressive collection, and I look forward to many submissions to grow and strengthen the database!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 06:44:30 PM »

Welcome aboard, Lotus. Glad to hear that you've decided to help make this the best game DB out there.

Black Lotus
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 01:24:36 AM »

Thanks MetalFRO. and Duke.Togo, I'm pretty sure it already is. Just trying to understand it better and help when I see errors and missing games Smiley
I just moved so I'm redoing all my lists as I set the games up, so there's no better time than now.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 08:22:15 AM »

Yeah, if you can spare the time, a full audit of your collection as you unpack and shelve everything is a great way to do it.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 09:58:29 AM »

Wow 10,000+ games!! You'll definitely be an asset to have around here.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length